Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:56:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: horse wont pass  (Read 2338 times)
Bowed Tendon

Ignore
« on: August 26, 2012, 10:58:17 PM »

I have a horse with alot of ability but will not pass another horse, anyone have any suggestions   thanks
Report to moderator   Logged
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 06:34:21 AM »

I have a horse with alot of ability but will not pass another horse, anyone have any suggestions   thanks
Put on a fly screen under a closed bridle,never train alone,get a driver that will listen to your instructions and stay glued to the rail while trying to sneak thru for a check........needs confidence
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 08:02:58 AM »

try to sneek up the rail on a horse that wont pass.....come on    I atually had one like this her name was honorable miss. everyday she would jog i would make sure she picked up the bit and passed horses  jogging the wrong way ...pass horses....training   make sure she passed horses..just going slow miles...mite want to put an open bridle on her and show her the whip(mite even have to let her feel it once or twice)  then her mind will be on you and not passing a horse
danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 12:18:16 PM »

Thats correct denny,if you know the horse won't pass why would u consider pulling on the right line. Granted if this was a baby I  may go along with your methods,but it sounded like a sour horse that has lost interest in racing,also believing most drivers have already driven the shoes off him sometimes you need to change it up.Or maybe he's just a  rat that needs to be tripped out,some(most) have 1/4 of a move thru-out a race.
Sully

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »

There was an old guy that used to start colts and whenever he went a trip with a bunch at one time, he would have the guys have them finish all at the same time. I had one of the horses he started and because of this, the horse would never pass. In his mind he was supposed to finish right next to the other horses. People who had him before me always said you just had to leave with him and then keep after him because he would "wait at the wire" for the other horses to come up on him. That's what we did and if he made it to the top he was good...if not, we were a photo for 3rd or 4th lol.

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 07:54:53 PM »

sully  ever good colt trainer in the history of the game wants babies to finish together...the idea is that they keep pushing and working... 99%  of the babies wear closed bridles and they feel the horses next to them and they hear them but cant see themand that teaches them to keep thier heads doen and race through the wire....never has a colt man let one run off from the others!!!
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:16:39 PM »

sully  ever good colt trainer in the history of the game wants babies to finish together...the idea is that they keep pushing and working... 99%  of the babies wear closed bridles and they feel the horses next to them and they hear them but cant see themand that teaches them to keep thier heads doen and race through the wire....never has a colt man let one run off from the others!!!

I dont think you can really call greg Peck a "colt man" per se' but he wanted to leave the slower ones behind. Thats how good of a horse Muscle Hill was.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Sully

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 03:35:31 PM »

Then the method failed in this case because the big old horse thought that's how it was supposed to go forever.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:14:11 PM »

mel...peck could train a cat to shit in a litter box...that senereo is proof that a good horse is hard to ruin
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »

mel...peck could train a cat to shit in a litter box...that senereo is proof that a good horse is hard to ruin

LOL  nyah

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
J. Mannix

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »

GETS A STARTERS GUNN,,,EVERY TIME YOU START TO GET CLOS TO A HORSE POP POP POP,,,AFTER A FEW TIMES THAT HORSE
WILL GET DA FCKING IDEA,,,
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 08:55:08 PM »

I have a horse with alot of ability but will not pass another horse

Lol

Isn't this contradictory?  I'd sell him to the zoo and try another horse.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: