Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 11:25:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maywood turkey give away  (Read 1551 times)
sn

« on: November 14, 2005, 03:53:08 AM »

Maywood and "Duke" Johnston is going to be giving turkeys away on Monday to any fan that chooses to come out and not stay home or go to an OTB and watch Monday night football!!!
There are a few resrictions though,
1) You have to spend $10 and park valet with mort and be there before the fist race.
2) Mort will not be allowed to give you back your keys until the last race is over.
3) After you PAY addmission you will be given a voucher for 1 cornish hen to be redeemed at any Chicagoland Aldi food store.                                                 Please keep in mind that "Duke" has taken 10% of the average Monday night attendence and purchased only that amount of vouchers. So make sure you get there early and plan on staying late, you dont have to bet but make sure you eat and drink and maybe buy something from the gift shop!!!

Happy Holidays courtesy of Maywood Park!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 04:15:35 AM »

Is anybody out there right now?
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 04:19:07 AM »

I need results. The Balmoral website is down. Is anybody up yet?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 04:40:25 AM »

I need results. The Balmoral website is down. Is anybody up yet?

http://www.tvg.com/textonly/racinginfo/default.asp

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 04:46:35 AM »

Thanks Edward, what are you doing up at 3:45 AM?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 05:00:04 AM »

Thanks Edward, what are you doing up at 3:45 AM?

I don't sleep nearly enough, Dan.  Running numbers for the Big M, and doing some other assorted things for work.

Hope the results were in your favor.

Best,
EW

Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:03:53 AM »

I don't sleep nearly enough, Dan.  Running numbers for the Big M, and doing some other assorted things for work.

Hope the results were in your favor.

Best,
EW

What type of work do you do? You need to sleep at least 8 to 10 hours a day at your age. Sleep rebuilds cells. When you get my age even if you want to sleep you'll find you can't sleep more then about 6 hours.

Good night!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:08:23 AM by Dan Nance » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2005, 05:08:30 AM »

What type of work do you do? You need to sleep at least 8 to 10 hours a day at your age. Sleep rebuilds cells. When you get my age even if you want to sleep you'll fine you can't sleep more then about 6 hours.

I'm licensed to write mortgages, so there's always some of that in the pipe.  Right now, however, I'm occupying myself with corporate recruiting.  I do work matching database programmers with Fortune 500 companies.

Pretty much, I'm filling in time before law school, an MBA, or the RTIP (http://www.ua-rtip.org).

Note: and about the whole sleep thing -- I'm terrible.  There are many times that I just wear myself out, but it's kind of my personality.  If I have things to do, I'll stay up for 36-40 hours at a time.  It's terrible for my health, and you bring up a good point.

Best,
EW
« Last Edit: November 14, 2005, 05:11:16 AM by edwardwilliam » Report to moderator   Logged

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2005, 09:06:15 AM »

Ed:

You need to recharge those batteries again so you can give everyone the Pic 6 again.

I know your working on the Pic 9 at Balmoral.  Pool now is 37+.  Maybe Tuesday night we hit 45 or 50.

I need all the help I can get.

Working on the Pic 9 in my spare time.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Elsie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 09:38:30 AM »

...I do work matching database programmers with Fortune 500 companies....

EW,

I used to house sit for a guy who is the International MBA Recruiter for a MAJOR company.  He was fluent in several languages and would travel all over the world.  His home was spectacular!  I watched races on 3-4 televisions in his basement.  My friends loved it when I had his house for entertaining.  Too bad he is now based out of the country.

I once asked him what exactly he does in his job.  He said, "Basically, I am looking for the next Bill Gates."  Is that anything like your job?

Elsie

Look for my picture on many fine Borden products!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 03:21:38 PM »

EW,

I used to house sit for a guy who is the International MBA Recruiter for a MAJOR company.  He was fluent in several languages and would travel all over the world.  His home was spectacular!  I watched races on 3-4 televisions in his basement.  My friends loved it when I had his house for entertaining.  Too bad he is now based out of the country.

I once asked him what exactly he does in his job.  He said, "Basically, I am looking for the next Bill Gates."  Is that anything like your job?

Other than working for large companies, we have very little in common.  Your friend searches out management, and I search out the bean-counting geeks...and here's why:

I (and anyone else in a similar business) am paid off a percentage of their salary.  While it's incredibly easy to find a nerd programmer (at $75-100k yearly), it's much more difficult to harness a MBA carrying "I'm going to change the World in management" type, at $150-400k.  Given the salaries, I'd rather chew through 2-4 geeks than find one future management wonder.

Best,
EW

sn

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2005, 04:14:39 PM »

ITs called a Head Hunter right?Huh??
emp

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2005, 04:22:48 PM »

Heard Kubrat is looking for a job stateside.......can you help the 'crash and burn' forum man out who's looking for a new programming gig?

edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2005, 05:20:04 PM »

ITs called a Head Hunter right?Huh??

I guess.  I try to avoid the term, for the negative connotations -- haha.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2005, 05:47:10 PM »

Maywood and "Duke" Johnston is going to be giving turkeys away on Monday to any fan that chooses to come out and not stay home or go to an OTB and watch Monday night football!!!
There are a few resrictions though,
1) You have to spend $10 and park valet with mort and be there before the fist race.
2) Mort will not be allowed to give you back your keys until the last race is over.
3) After you PAY addmission you will be given a voucher for 1 cornish hen to be redeemed at any Chicagoland Aldi food store.                                                 Please keep in mind that "Duke" has taken 10% of the average Monday night attendence and purchased only that amount of vouchers. So make sure you get there early and plan on staying late, you dont have to bet but make sure you eat and drink and maybe buy something from the gift shop!!!

Happy Holidays courtesy of Maywood Park!!!
sn, let's hope this turkey giveaway goes better than the one the station boss on TV's "WKRP" tried to do - LOL..."I swear as God's as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"...as he dropped them to awaiting fans in a parking lot from a helicopter - LOL   TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2005, 12:31:57 AM »

Doc the bald snake does not like Turkey giveaways, so he is willing to give a free GOOSE to any gay male who darns to enter his racing office chamber. LOL.  Grin

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
PM COUNSELOR

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2005, 08:28:49 AM »

I wonder who will win the tug-o-war between Rtp and Angerlo Bralles the day of the Turkey giveaway?
So far Rtp is the odds on favorite.  Current line  Rtp -220  Angelo +180 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: