Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 03:05:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OFFICIAL "WHAT DAY WILL QUINN VETO RACINO BILL" THREAD  (Read 833 times)
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »

9 days to go.  I'll go with the 28th.
Report to moderator   Logged
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 02:46:14 PM »

Buzzkill, what a pleasant surprise!  You certainly live up to your name, but at least you are not a touting troll.  I am afraid you are right in that Quinn will veto this bill.  I have not heard any comments on last minute compromises.  Maybe something will still happen, but I doubt it.

Here is another gem to feast on.  Mr. Madigan, emperor of Illinois, says that if the bill is vetoed, there will be no override attempt in the fall veto session.

Oh, well, we had a good week of racing this last week in Illinois.  Time to go back to scratch. 
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21:10 PM »

Anyone else have a guess?   I think he waits until the last day and rips the heart out of the racing industry. 

He hates RLD as much as anyone.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »

Buzzkill, what a pleasant surprise!  You certainly live up to your name, but at least you are not a touting troll.  I am afraid you are right in that Quinn will veto this bill.  I have not heard any comments on last minute compromises.  Maybe something will still happen, but I doubt it.

Here is another gem to feast on.  Mr. Madigan, emperor of Illinois, says that if the bill is vetoed, there will be no override attempt in the fall veto session.

There's always next year. The votes recorded in the House and Senate for this bill were much stronger than for the last bill that never made it to Quinn. Every reason to expect the support will get even stronger with a new Assembly facing the same old budget crisis.

Your heroes at Churchill have said they're not giving up if this bill goes down to defeat; no reason for you to do so.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:51 PM »

Keep those campaign contributions coming!
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:59:38 PM »

Does he have to veto it, or can he just ignore it like he is most of the other problems in the great state of Illinois?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 05:01:53 PM »

Does he have to veto it, or can he just ignore it like he is most of the other problems in the great state of Illinois?

If he just ignores it, it would become law.

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Earl Sande

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »

Friday, August 24th, 5:15 pm
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

Oh, well, we had a good week of racing this last week in Illinois.  Time to go back to scratch. 

I haven't followed this bill, but I'll go against the prevailing opinion and say, purely from intuition, it becomes law.

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 10:05:12 PM »

I haven't followed this bill, but I'll go against the prevailing opinion and say, purely from intuition, it becomes law.

Nice thought, but if that happens I will try to come up with a free pick from Cliffyy for you.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 08:01:14 PM »

Looks like I'm going to be the winner. 
Klink

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2012, 12:38:52 PM »

hmmm...
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/72313/chicago-mayor-confident-of-slots-compromise
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »

This is an interesting article and point, do not know what to make of it.  Maybe something is afoot.
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »

This is an interesting article and point, do not know what to make of it.  Maybe something is afoot.

I sure hope that I am wrong and I hope they are really that close to an agreement that will preserve racing in Illinois.  Except at Fairmount.
fireball

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 05:37:32 PM »

LONG LIVE FAIRMOUNT!!!!  I  believe the bill will be SIGNED on 8-28-12.  Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!!!
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 06:44:01 PM »

LONG LIVE FAIRMOUNT!!!!  I  believe the bill will be SIGNED on 8-28-12.  Have a great rest of the weekend everyone!!!!

Why long live Fairmount?  The poor people who don't belong in racing will still be poor.  Let the Fairmount people hot walk and groom for the Todd Pletchers of he world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: