Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 05:13:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: **SARATOGA THURDAY 8/16**  (Read 1038 times)
cliffyy

Ignore
« on: August 16, 2012, 09:20:55 AM »

WEATHER   SUNNY  82     TURF  FIRM   TURF RACES  5,7,9,10,11

I HAVE 2 GREAT BEST BETS TODAY THAT WILL GO OFF 5-1 OR MORE  thumbs up

AND I HAVE A LONGSHOT THAT WILL GO OFF OVER 10-1  thumbs up

HURRY PM ME IF YOU WANT TO SIGN UP AND GET THESE HORSES.

POST YOUR PICKS FOR TODAY.
Report to moderator   Logged
Bob B

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 09:56:45 AM »

I hope Janine is getting a cut of this.
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:29 AM »

HERES A FEW PLAYS

RACE  3      3,4,7

RACE  4      #5   SMART FARDA
Chris Szulc

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:30:10 AM »

SAR picks

Race 4 - #5-Smart Farda, returns to two turns where he needs it, gets slight class relief again, wins if able to run back to CD route number on 5/19.

Race 7 - #1-Thunderous Lady, don't like taking these types of layoff horses (wins maiden first out, then disappears), won quite easily down at GP in March, Castellano stays on, have confidence in horse running well because of Chad Brown is good with layoff types...

Race 8 - #6-Willy Pay, impressive win 7/30 here at Saratoga, 7F seems to be perfect distance and he put it all together in the last. Should go off at a price because of being a 13-start maiden winner.

No carryover in the pick 6 but here is my ticket, starts in race 6:

2,3,8 // 1 // 3,6 // 1,5,10 // 7 // 1,9 = $72.00
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 10:36:18 AM »

I hope Janine is getting a cut of this.

Good point, Bob. Anybody conducting business here on a regular basis should probably send Janine a few bucks to help keep the site going.

Here is what I don't understand, though:

* Lots of touts SAY they pick winners...but cliffyy has PROVED himself, again and again, that he is an ace NY track handicapper...

*...and he brings in big priced winners, smaller ones, and everything in between...regularly...

*...he also hits some of his suggested P4 plays, which is always impressive (I'm the King of "3 Outta 4"  thumbs down)

*...so, with all that going for him, why is there a NEVER-ENDING push for subscribers, at $100 a pop?

cliffyy, you GOT to be making a ton on your betting, right? $100 can't be much to you. Why not just play your own picks?

(I certainly don't give out that many of my good selections, nor do I sell any, and I suspect neither do many other regular horseplayers.)

So what's the deal? Honest question, one that I asked other touts before, and can never get a meaningful answer. I know you can answer this cliffyy.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

*...so, with all that going for him, why is there a NEVER-ENDING push for subscribers, at $100 a pop?

cliffyy, you GOT to be making a ton on your betting, right? $100 can't be much to you. Why not just play your own picks?

(I certainly don't give out that many of my good selections, nor do I sell any, and I suspect neither do many other regular horseplayers.)

So what's the deal? Honest question, one that I asked other touts before, and can never get a meaningful answer. I know you can answer this cliffyy.

That is a question for the ages.  Same with the guys touting sure fire trading systems.  If I had something that worked, I wouldn't even show my mother (I would give her some of the proceeds, I'm not an animal).  Racing is a zero sum game, the fewer winning tickets, the more you win. I'm all for diluting the losing pool, not my winning pool.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 11:32:26 AM »

FWIW.

Be advised that I am back in my old ways of running 2nd frequently, so bet accordingly.

r03) #7 Gombey Dancer 6-1

r04) #7 Know This 6-1

r05) #5 Superestrella 6-1

r06) #5 Stoneless 4-1 (just had "Ultimate Equipment Change"!  Wink )

r07) #2 A Time To Love 12-1

r08) #9 Vee's Accolade 6-1

r09) #8 Legend of Navarone 8-1

r10) #6 Johannesburg Smile 8-1

r11) #4 Hey Little Girl 6-1

Good Luck today folks!
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 11:41:37 AM »

Good point, Bob. Anybody conducting business here on a regular basis should probably send Janine a few bucks to help keep the site going.

Here is what I don't understand, though:

* Lots of touts SAY they pick winners...but cliffyy has PROVED himself, again and again, that he is an ace NY track handicapper...

*...and he brings in big priced winners, smaller ones, and everything in between...regularly...

*...he also hits some of his suggested P4 plays, which is always impressive (I'm the King of "3 Outta 4"  thumbs down)

the  answer is ,,,  I WANT OTHERS TO WIN WITH ME.  thumbs up
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »

the  answer is ,,,  I WANT OTHERS TO WIN WITH ME.  thumbs up

Sure thing. When I give out picks, that's what I want, too.

But that only explains PART of it...

Why charge at all, then?
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »

Sure thing. When I give out picks, that's what I want, too.

But that only explains PART of it...

Why charge at all, then?

HORSE IT TAKES ME HOURS TO DO THE RACES DO YOU REALLY THINK I SHOULD GIVE OUT HOURS OF HARD WORK FOR FREE???

WOULD YOU Huh?

ALSO IF EVERY ONE GETS MY PICKS FOR FREE THE PRICES WOULD GET KILLED ON MY PICKS.   thumbs down
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2012, 12:26:42 PM »

RACE 3     NICE EX PAYOUT $23.20    thumbs up
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2012, 12:34:07 PM »

HORSE IT TAKES ME HOURS TO DO THE RACES DO YOU REALLY THINK I SHOULD GIVE OUT HOURS OF HARD WORK FOR FREE???

Yes, if your sole motivation is to have others win with you. (That was the answer you gave me, so it's all I have to go on.)

WOULD YOU Huh?

Yes. And I do. Just not every day.

ALSO IF EVERY ONE GETS MY PICKS FOR FREE THE PRICES WOULD GET KILLED ON MY PICKS.   thumbs down

This simply isn't true. You have been giving winning picks here for several months, with numerous HUGE prices. The exacta you just gave out in the 3rd was pretty damn obvious (if you have been paying attention to what Eddie K. has been sending out lately), and it still paid a VERY GENEROUS $23 and change. So, no, I don't buy that argument at all.

(Frankly, it's the same BS argument poster "hungry" gives as to why he almost never gives out any picks.)
cliffyy

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 12:53:50 PM »

HERES A FEW PLAYS

RACE  3      3,4,7

RACE  4      #5   SMART FARDA

THERES MORE TO COME TODAY
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 01:01:10 PM »

THERES MORE TO COME TODAY

Nice job so far, cliffyy...don't think you hurt your price on Smart Farda, either: Andy Serling had it, Jason B. had it, Dave Liftin had it, the lady at the lemonade stand had it...better than not having it!

hungry

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 01:19:48 PM »

Nice job so far, cliffyy...don't think you hurt your price on Smart Farda, either: Andy Serling had it, Jason B. had it, Dave Liftin had it, the lady at the lemonade stand had it...better than not having it!

Not a long run winning play....betting Kent D on a horse who shows an 'eased' line in his most recent PPs. I know he won, but i cant imagine too many are paying off their mortgages betting Kent at 4-5.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 01:37:56 PM »

Not a long run winning play....betting Kent D on a horse who shows an 'eased' line in his most recent PPs. I know he won, but i cant imagine too many are paying off their mortgages betting Kent at 4-5.

Certainly a better play than betting against Hansen at 1/9.

(Even if you got away with it last time, it was a bad bet with a lucky outcome, to be filed under "Shit Happens".)
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 02:06:21 PM »

Nice pick in race 5, HV.
beobob

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »

Back to back jacks
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 03:13:33 PM »

Back to back jacks

Thanks.

Couple of close 2nds at nice prices too, exacta savers to the rescue!  Tongue 
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 03:15:47 PM »

Certainly a better play than betting against Hansen at 1/9.

(Even if you got away with it last time, it was a bad bet with a lucky outcome, to be filed under "Shit Happens".)

Bad or lucky, you dont have to get too many 1-9'ers off the board to be sitting in the black.

Also, its not a better play by all that much, Saratoga is teeming with bombs and great value, to take Kent at 4-5 on that horse isnt something that too many sharps are salivating over.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »

Thanks.

Couple of close 2nds at nice prices too, exacta savers to the rescue!  Tongue 

Your winner in the 5th was FTG, i heard them talk about it on TVG, where did you get that info from? Is it listed on the NYRA website somewhere?
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

Bad or lucky, you dont have to get too many 1-9'ers off the board to be sitting in the black.

We went over this before.

Getting the 1-9 off the board is only one piece of the puzzle; you still have to identify and bet the WINNER, or it's just mental masturbation. In contrast, betting a 4-5 shot is a one-move exercise.

Also, its not a better play by all that much, Saratoga is teeming with bombs and great value...

Not anymore, Grasshopper.

This happens every year at the Spa: lots of upsets and surprises, then it settles down and becomes more formful. This is where we are now.

You will see plenty of short-priced winners walk over their competition by Labor Day...happens *every* year. Do yourself a favor and forget about the first week and a half.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 03:34:02 PM »

Your winner in the 5th was FTG, i heard them talk about it on TVG, where did you get that info from? Is it listed on the NYRA website somewhere?

On the NYRA web site, under Equipment Changes, it said: "Race 6, #5 Stoneless: Nuts Off".

j/k. It was on the NYRA web site, under Scratches.

(Maybe that section should be retitled, "Cuts and Scratches".  Cheesy )
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 03:42:56 PM »

On the NYRA web site, under Equipment Changes, it said: "Race 6, #5 Stoneless: Nuts Off".

j/k. It was on the NYRA web site, under Scratches.

(Maybe that section should be retitled, "Cuts and Scratches".  Cheesy )

Thanks for explaining the nuts and bolts of the situation! (we need a first time gelding emoticon here!)
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:47 PM »

(we need a first time gelding emoticon here!)

What, we don't have a band saw & a bucket?  dunno
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 04:14:13 PM »

What, we don't have a band saw & a bucket?  dunno

Wow, lol!  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: