Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 29, 2014, 02:45:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horse sucking air through anus  (Read 5605 times)
cpr

Ignore
« on: August 12, 2012, 11:43:55 AM »

Have a four year old gelding that my driver informs me has recently started sucking air in through his anus when racing. He does not do it whilst training. Was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to why he has suddenly starting doing this and what would be the best way of stopping it and what effect it has on his racing.  Any help greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:59:39 AM by cpr » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:03:57 AM »

You can buy a but plug at most any tack shop that sales racing supplies even our tack shop at calexpo carries them. BigDs.
but ive heard of it in thoroughbreds and geldings.

I have know idea what makes them start doing that.

it but my mare were always stiched to stop this from happening.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »

easy fix....big d's  ginger salve big glob on ur finger.. insert into thier ***hole and swirl ur finger around....ginger makes a tingling effect and makes horse keep butthole closed....horse show guys use it under thier tail to get them to raise it it up in the air ..called setting the tail  only lasts about 15 or 20 minutes and in no way has any adverse effects     and fuzzy  they never stiched up ur mares ***hole.. it was her vag
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

easy fix....big d's  ginger salve big glob on ur finger.. insert into thier ***hole and swirl ur finger around....ginger makes a tingling effect and makes horse keep butthole closed....horse show guys use it under thier tail to get them to raise it it up in the air ..called setting the tail  only lasts about 15 or 20 minutes and in no way has any adverse effects     and fuzzy  they never stiched up ur mares ***hole.. it was her vag
Never said they did u and I both no what they stitched up.

Ginger really!!!! Oh yes it works but dont after a couple times you would be able to do that to much.

I had a friend I use to ride with she had Arab gelding that had this problem but the horse also had very bad dehydration problems.

Mr Crane what would cause a gelding to start doing this?

fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 04:52:12 PM »

CPR please don't ginger your horses Please!
I use to work for a Arabina breeder and that is where I first saw gingering done just to make a horse hold his tail up higher.

Now in racing some of the things trainers do for monetary gain is just damn cruel.
Having a horse A hole on fire to make his Ahole pucker is damn cruel and I think is also against racing rules.

Now Ive always respected everyones ideas on these subjects but quick fixes are not the answer and just damn cruel.

Now I would suggest if Mr. Crane lives in your area maybe you could try to Ginger his A hole and see if he can keep his butt puckered so he sucks no air in his anus cavity.
Then ginger  Mr Crane Anus hole one wk later to see how and if he develops any behavior issues every time you bend him over to acomplish this task and treatment at hand before ever trying it on your horse.

This way you could see if this technique would really be putting your race horse first .

Kind regards
fuzz

looking in

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:06 PM »

Fuzz,
In my book you are a top FFA performer!
Keep up the good fight.
You make reading BTW most interesting.

As a small kid my favorite book was "Fuzzy The Cowboy".
On the cover was Fuzzy with his red fuzzy chaps that were fuzzy to the touch.
I think of that  book every time I see "Fuzzypants".

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 10:53:02 AM »

horses usually suck wind toward the eand of a mile when they are struggling for breath and they start to lose control of body manangement....if yout horse is strong in the face when finishing a mile i dont think he would be sucking air
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 10:56:07 AM »

fuzzy  i have a feeling after to listening to you that you havent made much money in this business....maybe you should go a chat board for dogs ..they are much cheaper in the long run
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 03:03:25 PM »

horses usually suck wind toward the eand of a mile when they are struggling for breath and they start to lose control of body manangement....if yout horse is strong in the face when finishing a mile i dont think he would be sucking air
Mr. Crane,
I respectfully but totally disagree with that post.

A quick fix is to wrap an old jog cart innertube around the crupper to make it the size of a soft ball. then tying the tail down tight will force the ball down on the anus keeping it from sucking air.

As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »

Fuzz,
In my book you are a top FFA performer!
Keep up the good fight.
You make reading BTW most interesting.

As a small kid my favorite book was "Fuzzy The Cowboy".
On the cover was Fuzzy with his red fuzzy chaps that were fuzzy to the touch.
I think of that  book every time I see "Fuzzypants".

I think tht is why my pops called me fuzzypants that book and well i couldnt aford chaps but I had more horse hair on my jeans I all the time.
I still have the book you sent me and always wonder which one of those charecters is you.
Hows are friend Phil some on here is looking for him I know they must be great friends Phil is just that kind of guy.
I love reading you and wilderness you make me dream!

fuzzy  i have a feeling after to listening to you that you havent made much money in this business....maybe you should go a chat board for dogs ..they are much cheaper in the long run

Iv had more brokens hearts in this buisness than dollars thats for sure.
But Im sure you are very successful and your right the buisness is about making money. But at what cost Mr Crane???
Take a good look at our buisness and the decline of fans owners and ask why?
For me its simple we dont keep the well being of the horse first.
We can disagree all day and it doesnt really matter to us we are not the ones affected by such treatment we are not trotting or pacing a mile with our ass holes on fire. No its cruel and you know it is. Now dont sit in any Ginger you sure dont want to loose that snap.! Hope you make a lot of money but I hope you hurt fewere horses than any money.
Mr Crane it is illeagual to do that.

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 02:39:37 PM »

first off it is not illegal...and secondly it is just a tingling sensation..ur not blisterering thier ***hole and its gone in 15 minutes but you would rather shove a baseball up there
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »

No Mr crane I would rather do neither I would much rather ,
I would rather have the horse stamina and condition be that of a distance horse by using the term LSD long slow distance.

misterc4

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 10:24:35 AM »

Have a four year old gelding that my driver informs me has recently started sucking air in through his anus when racing. He does not do it whilst training. Was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to why he has suddenly starting doing this and what would be the best way of stopping it and what effect it has on his racing.  Any help greatly appreciated.
treat him for ULCERS

misterc4
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:26 AM »

treat him for ULCERS

Mister c4,
I am just curious.
Is ulcers just a wild guess, or have you had hands on experience with a horse in this matter.
Next time the problem arises I may just treat for ulcers.
I just assumed that some horses have big ears, some have big feet, and yes some have big rectums.

danny patch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 01:48:19 PM »

I've always used a combination of Vicks Vapor Rub and Allum, be generous with it and use a wet towel or some type of tail board,never saw any discomfort such as kicking from this method.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 07:06:03 PM »

treat him for ULCERS

Very interesting.
Actually it makes since in some was considering the rectum is part of the digestive system.
 dunno

Mister c4,
I am just curious.
Is ulcers just a wild guess, or have you had hands on experience with a horse in this matter.
Next time the problem arises I may just treat for ulcers.
I just assumed that some horses have big ears, some have big feet, and yes some have big rectums.
Yes and with ulcers come lesions .

hpylobacteria that causes ulcers in humans
you find in the blood, stool, and breath so interesting. So many times even in human you will find ulcers in the mouth.

I've always used a combination of Vicks Vapor Rub and Allum, be generous with it and use a wet towel or some type of tail board,never saw any discomfort such as kicking from this method.

I must say I think this is kinder than Mr Crane suggestion.

Mr. Crane have you tried this method?

dano-themano

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 10:54:30 AM »

This is great information.  We one that sucks air up her butt and I actually had a suggestion to wire it shut for the race....not too sure about that!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: