Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 21, 2014, 03:11:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get the pay-offs straight!!!  (Read 1299 times)
sn

« on: November 14, 2005, 02:40:27 AM »

Does anyone know why they cant get the correct pay-offs to be posted after a race in Chi.Huh?
They post the 50 cent pic3, the two dollar tri., the one dollar pic4, the 10cent super half the time it doesnt say what denomination they are posting up for what!!!!
Why cant they just put up the $2 pay-offs on EVERYTHING and let the winners figure out what they have coming for what ever they had it for!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 03:30:44 AM »

The next you know, Balmoral will have 25 cent show bets.
sn

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 03:32:39 AM »

Whatever they have the pay-offs should be shown based on a $2 payout dont you think?
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 10:24:42 AM »

Sn is 100% correct - when they show probables....it's impossible to figure out how much the probables are for......they need to get consistent with how they post payouta as well.....either all for $2.....or each pool should be posted with whatever the minimum bet is.....i.e. post 50 cent payoffs
on the pick 3 and pick 4s.....
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 03:28:19 PM »

Sn is 100% correct - when they show probables....it's impossible to figure out how much the probables are for......they need to get consistent with how they post payouta as well.....either all for $2.....or each pool should be posted with whatever the minimum bet is.....i.e. post 50 cent payoffs
on the pick 3 and pick 4s.....

You can normally look at the probables and tell pretty quickly the dollar amount -- but I agree that they should post the $ amount.

If they would just post the dollar amounts near the payoffs and probables, it would solve all these problems.  The issue here comes from the antiquated software that Balmoral uses.  Maywood's is much better.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 03:36:21 PM »

Let's face it, by posting the gaudy .10 figure when there is only a .10 or .20 share, it gives the track free marketing to those lottery-loving types.  They aren'tabout to cede a lure to that element anytime soon.  Hasn't everyone been live lately ?  Only AP around here still boasts the "upper crust look" crowd anymore.  Our tracks are being overrun by "birdshot" players and "dart tossers" more than ever IMO.  TC
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 04:27:56 AM »

TC, its hard to concentrate when you go live because of the moochers, program thieves, confused souls in the betting line and the guys at the machines handicapping the TVs. The OTB's aren't much better.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 07:55:08 AM »

TC, its hard to concentrate when you go live because of the moochers, program thieves, confused souls in the betting line and the guys at the machines handicapping the TVs. The OTB's aren't much better.
Les, you hit the nail right on the head.  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 08:30:54 AM »

Les:

I have a classic story for you. This past summer, I was betting on Hawthorne on a Friday night card at Balmoral. They had only one window open (the end IRS window on the second floor of the clubhouse), even though the place had a good crowd. I said screw it, I'll get a voucher, buy a booth, and do it that way as opposed to putting up with the Johnston's bullshit and standing in line all night. Everything was going just fine until the end of the tenth race. I hit the pick 4 for $1 and it paid $1300, so that meant I had to go to that window to be paid. When the race was official, I immediately went to stand in line, behind about six people. I absolutely loved the last two races and wanted to make some nice size bets on the gimmicks since I was ahead, but could not because I only had about $20 left on my voucher and only 3-$100 bills, which the voucher machines will not accept. I was forced to stand in the line and wait.

Therefore, I am standing in line and it is moving along nicely until the person directly in front of me has the pick 4 as well. Now the teller, who is about 90 years old and wearing an oxygen mask, starts *** and moaning that it will take a few minutes. I figure okay, I'll stand here and not lose my position in line. After about 5 to 7 minutes, he finishes with the person in front of me and now its 1-minute to post and there are about 10 people standing behind me. So I get to the window, the teller throws a fit because he has to fill out more IRS paperwork. He tells me to step aside because he wants to allow the other people to bet and do my IRS signer later on. Through all the exchange of words, the race goes off and the horse I love ends up winning paying $24.60, with the exacta coming back $163.00. I wanted to kill that mother fuc##er and when I think about it, he rather reminded me of Langley or John Johnston with his demeanor and unprofessionalism. I was so fuc#in hot that I waited until he counted out the money to me and gave me 13-$100 bills and something like $6.00 more. I said to him, could I get change for a $100 bill; I would like to tip you since you seem like such a nice person. He says sure, thinking he is getting a tip, so he counts me down 5-$20 bills. I take the money and tell him, "you know what, normally I give a guy $20 to $40 but you are such a rotten, no good mother fuc##r, I won't give you a quarter and I hope your fuc#in oxygen blows up and you die."

The woman supervisor came out of the back room and I left. That fuc#in Balmoral has cost me more money because of their incompetence, from the administration office, to Langley, Johnny Johnston, and Doc stealing on a nightly basis, I can't stand it. The place is a real shithole in my opinion. Great experience, huh. They probably let Langley hire all of their staff and a requirement of being employed there is your ability to be an ***hole and arrogant cocksu##er, like this teller was.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life) 

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2005, 10:20:22 AM »

JD,

As poor as the tellers are, as a veteran of the game you should never get shut out.
You have to count on things like that happening and keep some spare cash for these eventualities.
If you get shut out, it's your own fault.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: