Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 02:05:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I have something nice to say about Hawthorne  (Read 1123 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: November 13, 2005, 11:00:53 PM »

The filly lineup the day after Thanksgiving is outstanding.  Bud girls, Beulah Twins, and Hooter girls.  How can you handicap with all that around?  Plus a Bud cap, $2.50 beer, and Frank Mancari giving a car lease away.  If I were 40 years younger, even I might have gone done there.
Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Voice

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:59:49 AM »

They're trying, Dan -- the weather's crappy, probably no turf racing, it's a big shopping day for many, etc. -- they have to do *something* to get people's attention. Nice of you to notice.
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 11:40:37 AM »

I tried a number of years ago to convince Hawthorne management to put a gentlemens' club on the third floor grandstand.  50% of everything in the garter would go to the purse account.  Looks like they're finally starting to listen.

-RSR
mark_maegdlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 11:43:05 AM »

I agree that hawthorn is doing some nice things.  I really enjoy the live racing webcams at the hawthorn site.  I enjoy Arlington but its almost too big.  For a newbi like me there is not enough time to handicap the race and then have time to check out the horses in the post parade befor betting.  Hawthorn works a lot better for me.  The pick 5 on Saturday is a nice freebie.  Churchill could learn a lot from the marketing team at Hawthorn. Wink
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 12:40:26 PM »

The filly lineup the day after Thanksgiving is outstanding.  Bud girls, Beulah Twins, and Hooter girls.  How can you handicap with all that around?  Plus a Bud cap, $2.50 beer, and Frank Mancari giving a car lease away.  If I were 40 years younger, even I might have gone done there.

I was at a day like that at Turf Paradise in January. They had the Cardinals cheerleaders, the Bud girls or Jager girls, and some other cheerleaders (the Rattlers?). All day you would see these big clumps of guys gathered around the girls. If you could have seen it from overhead it probably would have looked like one of those microscope slides of millions of sperm converging on an egg.

I think Hawthorne had something similar last year or the year before. Same thing.

Too bad I am going to miss this. Sad I wanted to talk serious racing with Katie and Jenna, and find out which one gets to say the exact picks from the program, and which gets to transpose two numbers.
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 04:34:04 PM »

Terry wrote:
I wanted to talk serious racing with Katie and Jenna, and find out which one gets to say the exact picks from the program, and which gets to transpose two numbers

I heard that Jenna picks the numbers because she found transposing them too difficult.  Wink

-RSR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: