Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 11:10:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAWTHORNE HANDLE OUTSTANDING !!!!!!  (Read 3721 times)
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2006, 12:09:55 PM »

Have you ever sat down with any of the commissioners and talked to them about the decisions they make? An elected official like you should be able to get access.

Tonymfan:

If an elected official like Joe Besco sat down with the IRB and spoke honestly and openly about the illegalities in the industry, Marc Laino would ask him to leave and vow to never talk with him again.  Marc Laino does not want to hear any truths or facts about what type of job his board has done and how they have contributed to harness racings downfall in Illinois.  Marc is a quick-tempered guy who hung up the phone on me after he was upset because I was posting on BTW. I have not spoke to him since, (over a year ago) and have no desire to.  He is an a-number one ***hole who is in the wrong position at the IRB, in my opinion. 

If Joe Besco can talk with other IRB members aside from Laino, Propes and Kalieda, he might have a chance at explaining some of the past improprieties done by both the IRB and horsemen.   The problem is that as soon as he mentions the IRB and the horrible job they have done, most members don't want to face that fact.  They make some sort of excuse instead of trying to keep an open mind towards making the industry better.  There is a time when people need to be held accountable and the IRB's time is now. Stop allowing Billy Johnston and Dickie D to dictate what they want and do what is in the best interest of the state of Illinois, the collective industries, and the horsemen and fans.  Until that happens, you will continue to see the harness game at it present status.  Just my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 12:11:54 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
tonymfan

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2006, 12:16:05 PM »

If an elected official like Joe Besco sat down with the IRB and spoke honestly and openly about the illegalities in the industry, Marc Laino would ask him to leave and vow to never talk with him again.

I didn't suggest Joe should sit down and talk about illegalities because there are no proven illegalities to talk about. My suggestion was he sit down to talk to them about how the dates get awarded and why.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2006, 12:18:10 PM »

Tonymfan:

If an elected official like Joe Besco sat down with the IRB and spoke honestly and openly about the illegalities in the industry, Marc Laino would ask him to leave and vow to never talk with him again.  Marc Laino does not want to hear any truths or facts about what type of job his board has done and how they have contributed to harness racings downfall in Illinois.  Marc is a quick-tempered guy who hung up the phone on me after he was upset because I was posting on BTW. I have not spoke to him since, (over a year ago) and have no desire to.  He is an a-number one ***hole who is in the wrong position at the IRB, in my opinion. 

If Joe Besco can talk with other IRB members aside from Laino, Propes and Kalieda, he might have a chance at explaining some of the past improprieties done by both the IRB and horsemen.   The problem is that as soon as he mentions the IRB and the horrible job they have done, most members don't want to face that fact.  They make some sort of excuse instead of trying to keep an open mind towards making the industry better.  There is a time when people need to be held accountable and the IRB's time is now. Stop allowing Billy Johnston and Dickie D to dictate what they want and do what is in the best interest of the state of Illinois, the collective industries, and the horsemen and fans.  Until that happens, you will continue to see the harness game at it present status.  Just my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe
         They won't stop doing this until a few of them share a jail cell with George Ryan for taking payoffs under the table. You can't convince me otherwise that this is not going on when you consider the allocations of harness dates that are issued year after year with no regards to what is in the best interest of the industry.

I hope Mr. Laino doesn't have the same temper as Eric Plowman has since you say he has a bad temper and will kick you out of any board meeting if he doesn't like what you are saying or if you post on BTW.  
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

I didn't suggest Joe should sit down and talk about illegalities because there are no proven illegalities to talk about. My suggestion was he sit down to talk to them about how the dates get awarded and why.

Tonymfan:

The other way to make things better is to talk about them, no?  That is a problem for Marc Laino.  Whenever anyone wishes to discuss something and ask for an explanation, he gets angered and either hangs up the phone or won't address the topic of discussion. 

Example: last year many horsemen stated their dissatisfaction about the allocation of harness dates, especially in terms of what Hawthorne received.  They requested an explanation and overview of why it ended up like such and tally of how each board member voted.  NO WAY IN HELL.    Propes and Laino said we don't have to discuss it or let anyone know which way we voted.  Now ask yourself this question.  Considering the situation and reputation the IRB has, wouldn't you want to clear the air and be proud of the job you did?  When a response is such, it leads people to think the worst and it just looks suspect.  I'm not saying they did anything wrong, but why not show it and end all suspicion? 

When you have people acting in this manner, let me just say that it is not in the best decision that they be part of an agency like the IRB.  Let me remind you that the IRB is a state agency that should field consumer complaints/ideas/suggestions.  This IRB feels they do not want to be bothered.  That is terribly wrong and tyrannical, period.  That’s all I have to say on the matter.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2006, 10:22:51 PM »

$181,000 bet in the last race on Sat. night. Show me where Balmoral or Maywood has ever handled 181K in one race.

Are you hearing me IRB ??
off stride

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2006, 10:45:25 PM »

all of us at raceway noticed that 30k super pool on the last race as well.. first class racing, by a first class operation  .. it is a shame there is only 3 weeks left in the meet..
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 12:24:23 AM »

$181,000 bet in the last race on Sat. night. Show me where Balmoral or Maywood has ever handled 181K in one race.

Are you hearing me IRB ??

It happens all the time, Dan.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Trottin Away

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 09:46:35 AM »

This is the 1st time I ever bet on Haw. harness racing.  I live in CA and never had an interest in Haw. until the last year or so.  I cahsed a nice ticket last night on the big driver change on he wants it all from magee off to morgan on.  6.40 was a gift.  I agree with the person who said Haw racing looks more on the up and up and it just seems better than maywood.  I like mile racing better and Haw. has nice size fileds and perfect size stretch for every horse to give it there all.  I dont no what your state is thinking but u guys should race way more at Haw. than maywood.  Its like comparing salt to pepper.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 09:54:40 AM »

This is the 1st time I ever bet on Haw. harness racing.  I live in CA and never had an interest in Haw. until the last year or so.  I cahsed a nice ticket last night on the big driver change on he wants it all from magee off to morgan on.  6.40 was a gift.  I agree with the person who said Haw racing looks more on the up and up and it just seems better than maywood.  I like mile racing better and Haw. has nice size fileds and perfect size stretch for every horse to give it there all.  I dont no what your state is thinking but u guys should race way more at Haw. than maywood.  Its like comparing salt to pepper.
Trottin', Maywood is a diseased scumhole chock-full of urban filth.  I feel bad for Ken Kiehn who looks like the little Dutch boy, plugging all the societal holes with all 10 fingers.  He should be promoted and be given a company luxury SUV / gas credit card so he can shepherd Balmoral.  I know he'd do something about all the cancer there - both cigarette / cigar smoke and the few scrounges that poison the atmosphere in Crete.  If the IRB doesn't sanction Maywood by giving them less and less dates, the game is doomed here no matter how much riverboat stipends the tracks receive.  It's time to turn IL into a mile harness mecca with big fields in every race.   trotter  TC   P.S. I bet HWIA too and got a scare when WV came screaming up the rail the last 30 yards.  Luckilly, the photo went our way.  At least that cheater trainer horse Gene Carter got slapped around  - again (a nice bonus).
Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 12:37:55 PM »

It happens all the time, Dan.

Best,
EW

Yeah, maybe at Hawthorne but not at Maywood or Balmoral. " SHOW ME THE HANDLE "
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2006, 12:54:17 PM »

Yeah, maybe at Hawthorne but not at Maywood or Balmoral. " SHOW ME THE HANDLE "

The total numbers at Balmoral and Hawthorne are fairly close this year.  From what I understand, Hawthorne is crushing them on-track, but the total handle isn't differing much at all.

I do, however, believe that if given a proper meet, you would see Hawthorne outhandle Balmoral by 15-20%.

Best,
EW

Trottin Away

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2006, 01:01:24 PM »

I agree with Ed.  Haw. is a way better track all around.  They should make Haw. the only harness meet you guys have in Ill.  Maywood and bal. are shitholes and people in CA are shying away from betting them.  I only started playing Haw. for a year or so and I love it.  I dont bother with maywood or bal.  Haw. is a nice track and we great a great signal out here in CA.  I hope youi guys get harness racing back on track in Ill. because you can see what happened in CA.  We only have SAc. for harness and los al dont want us anymore.  All of you guys should tell the right people in charge that people are not going to bet on maywood or bal. and haw should be your premier track for harness in your state.  I hope haw. races for 8 months next year of harness.
Dan Nance

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2006, 03:29:51 PM »

I agree with Ed.  Haw. is a way better track all around.  They should make Haw. the only harness meet you guys have in Ill.  Maywood and bal. are shitholes and people in CA are shying away from betting them.  I only started playing Haw. for a year or so and I love it.  I dont bother with maywood or bal.  Haw. is a nice track and we great a great signal out here in CA.  I hope youi guys get harness racing back on track in Ill. because you can see what happened in CA.  We only have SAc. for harness and los al dont want us anymore.  All of you guys should tell the right people in charge that people are not going to bet on maywood or bal. and haw should be your premier track for harness in your state.  I hope haw. races for 8 months next year of harness.

You and other people in the country need to call the Illinois Racing Board and tell them how you feel about Hawthorne.

Tell them you don't bet Balmoral and Maywood and tell them why. Tell them you would like to see 5 months of harness racing at Hawthorne next summer.

We need everyone's help because the Racing Board awards all the dates to Balmoral and Maywood for some reason. Many say because the Johnston's pay off board members.
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 10:13:19 AM »

Sorry I have been out of town again and didnt get a chance to respond to this thread.
I have to say to Tony I have spoken to the Gov. face to face and he knows my desire to serve on the racing board, but in my oppinion both sides need to show support. And yes you are correct it does help already being in office to make contacts in the political world. When pushing for legislation I think raw numbers in volume speak louder!
My views in regards to the racing board are that they generaly dont have any experance in the industry untill they get appointed and it is usually a political appointment.
Thanks to all. Good luck and good racing!
Ted Womnt

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 10:21:09 PM »

What are the % of fav wins/ITM, hawthorne vs. Balmoral. To me, Balmoral seemed like a chalk-fest especially towards the end of this past meet with the short fields. Hawthorne is much the better meet.
Dan Nance

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 10:22:55 PM »

What are the % of fav wins/ITM, hawthorne vs. Balmoral. To me, Balmoral seemed like a chalk-fest especially towards the end of this past meet with the short fields. Hawthorne is much the better meet.

Balmoral is not even related to a real racetrack.
midwestharnisdead

From the midwest where harness racing IS dead!!!!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 10:57:37 PM »

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe Hawthorne does not WANT the extra dates??

The great St. Louis Cardinals, as long as it is the NATIONAL league.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2006, 11:25:05 PM »

Has anyone entertained the idea that maybe Hawthorne does not WANT the extra dates??

There's no reason not to want extra dates while Arlington has the flats.  I do, however, fully believe that they would not want to exchange flats dates for harness dates.

Best,
EW

Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2006, 01:01:52 AM »

IRB meetings and minutes are public, no?

What is the DiSCUSSION about dates? Not just the decision, but the discussion. Surely there's more than conspiracy theory to inform the dates debate?

I like Hawthorne also. I DIG the Frog, though my best scores have been off-Frog.

Hold up your head, Frog Dooley ... good job on a 'capper's diary.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: