Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 04:12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broodmare Feed  (Read 2212 times)
BabyFireFly

« on: July 06, 2012, 06:32:34 AM »

Was just wondering what everyone feeds their mares who are in foal (feed brand/type)....

Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 08:45:40 AM »

The one I have gets flake of meadow grass flake of won wheat oat barley and a flake of 30 to 50 alfal mix abran mash with beat pulp cooked oats once a wk Lmf brood mare twice a day alovera juice flaxseed vitamins acv corn oil all my pasture is gone now but she is free fed the hay

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
BabyFireFly

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »

Thanks Fuzz. She's got really good pasture right now, and isn't very far along - I'm thinking ahead for the end of Fall when she gets into the 5-7 months stage.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 12:07:21 PM »

Thanks Fuzz. She's got really good pasture right now, and isn't very far along - I'm thinking ahead for the end of Fall when she gets into the 5-7 months stage.
right now my pasture is dry as the mojave dessert and so im keep as much green pasture forge in the feeders I can and soaking  the hay with as much water as I can to keep them away from getting in the habit of eating any of the dang weeds and green star thistle its like a one heck of a baby setting process.

Mr Lahey

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 12:54:07 PM »

For me I've had success with Blue Seal Demand combined with Calf Manna and Omega Horse Shine along with Alfalfa hay. I start this the last 3 months in foal and continue it thru the yearling year. I really like the growth rate that this gives the babies. Demand is a 16% low starch pellet which is relatively cheap when compared to other high protein feeds. The calf manna should be used sparingly. I use like 1/4 cup with each feeding.
dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 05:30:21 PM »

i am really glad it is not as hard to feed a horse as some of you try to make it...if this was true there would only be a few of you in the world smart enough to feed one.....the last trimester(few months) feed buckeye grow and win..to mare and foal until you wean..then keep baby on it
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 08:14:35 PM »

i am really glad it is not as hard to feed a horse as some of you try to make it...if this was true there would only be a few of you in the world smart enough to feed one.....the last trimester(few months) feed buckeye grow and win..to mare and foal until you wean..then keep baby on it
Just never heard of buckeye ?
We don't have that out here what is it?

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 08:55:47 AM »

buckeye feed...buckeye nutrition.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: