Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 04:49:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bad news for 3yo icf trotters  (Read 2067 times)
zoot

Ignore
« on: July 03, 2012, 11:09:15 PM »

well, unless something changes, looks like the boys in illinois are gonna have to contend with riccolo all summer.

butch is no dummy and he likes his chances in the icf stakes a lot better than the crap shoot he'd face going out east.

as long as he stays sound, riccolo will be a major headache for ill.bred 3 yo trotters this summer.
Report to moderator   Logged
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:20 AM »

well, unless something changes, looks like the boys in illinois are gonna have to contend with riccolo all summer.

butch is no dummy and he likes his chances in the icf stakes a lot better than the crap shoot he'd face going out east.

as long as he stays sound, riccolo will be a major headache for ill.bred 3 yo trotters this summer.
they will be chasing him all summer.
Dan Quaid

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »

It would of been nice if more breeders bred to Northern Kid.  Riccolo has a full brother yearling that Walter has also.  Good luck
zoot

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »

i think the yearling is out of a different mare. northern kid has moved on to kentucky when the friend of walter's who stood him in illinois was diagnosed with cancer he sold everything. that guy's name was riccolo.
Dan Quaid

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 08:04:05 PM »

i think the yearling is out of a different mare. northern kid has moved on to kentucky when the friend of walter's who stood him in illinois was diagnosed with cancer he sold everything. that guy's name was riccolo.

My brother and doug are good friends and he helped doug with all of the advertising for the stallion.   The only people that bred to him was doug and pj.    Pj told me that they offered the stallion to u of I, walker and cottonwood and nobody wanted him.  He stood at kem and they did not want him either.  Too bad.  Illinois is really thin at trotting stallion
Illinois sucks

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »

Walter mention that he breed the mare to a Indiana stud.  However if he has a yearling it is possible it is NK he moved last year so there could be a full brother.  Meanwhile that mare to Riccolo is very well bred so it is not just Northern Kid.  With that said congrat's to Chess and Quaids for there Northern Kid filly Maevy Gravy winning a 12k stake at Balmoral.
Dan Quaid

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:28:19 PM »

Walter mention that he breed the mare to a Indiana stud.  However if he has a yearling it is possible it is NK he moved last year so there could be a full brother.  Meanwhile that mare to Riccolo is very well bred so it is not just Northern Kid.  With that said congrat's to Chess and Quaids for there Northern Kid filly Maevy Gravy winning a 12k stake at Balmoral.
Thanks!
Maymoral

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »

Horse was never good enough to compete out east and I'm glad the connections realized that.
Illinois sucks

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 06:34:01 AM »

Nobody knows if the horse isn't good enough to go out east the horse hasn't been tested in any of his races.  Most of his races are won from coming from mid pack or further most of the time without cover while passing tired horses.  Would argue if his past performances had a few races that ended in 52 marks, while beating better horses if Illinois had any to offer, then there would be more clamoring for him to try the Hambo.  Either way Riccolo is talented which nobody is disputing and will end the year with plenty of money as long as he stays sound.  When I spoke with Walter after his second race this season that was his main concern after a injury that cut short a freshman season.  Walter must have had a keen eye however to stake the horse at 2 and follow up the stake payments for the Hambo as a three year old.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »

Nobody knows if the horse isn't good enough to go out east the horse hasn't been tested in any of his races.  Most of his races are won from coming from mid pack or further most of the time without cover while passing tired horses.  Would argue if his past performances had a few races that ended in 52 marks, while beating better horses if Illinois had any to offer, then there would be more clamoring for him to try the Hambo.  Either way Riccolo is talented which nobody is disputing and will end the year with plenty of money as long as he stays sound.  When I spoke with Walter after his second race this season that was his main concern after a injury that cut short a freshman season.  Walter must have had a keen eye however to stake the horse at 2 and follow up the stake payments for the Hambo as a three year old.
"Walter must have a keen eye."    OF COURSE HE DOES....KNOWS THE GAME AND KNOWS HORSEFLESH.  Self-evident statement.
Illinois sucks

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14:00 AM »

The keen eye statement was made toward someone else has nothing to do with Walter. 
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 08:48:28 AM »

The keen eye statement was made toward someone else has nothing to do with Walter. 
Nelson ?
Illinois sucks

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 01:27:51 PM »

No just giving Mayoral a hard time he suppose to have the keen eye with horses.  His comment was glad Riccolo was staying here not good enough to go east.  My point if Riccolo had real competion here in Illinois we may see potential that hasn't been tapped.  That is all.
Blue Chip55

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »

No just giving Mayoral a hard time he suppose to have the keen eye with horses.  His comment was glad Riccolo was staying here not good enough to go east.  My point if Riccolo had real competion here in Illinois we may see potential that hasn't been tapped.  That is all.
Maymoron--keen eyes ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy........for what ?
SON OF JOR-EL

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 01:40:01 PM »

Maymoron--keen eyes ?  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy........for what ?
Cok-eyed maybe? Grin
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 12:26:19 AM »

Riccolo is sold to Scandanavians.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2012, 12:44:33 AM »

Riccolo is sold to Scandanavians.
What the hell you talkn cough drops?

Cok-eyed maybe? Grin
Now that s  laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy
hell had to put my cheaters on to figure it out oh god I got to go watch some replay.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Dan Quaid

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2012, 08:57:14 AM »

riccolo has a full brother named quaze that is a yearling now
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2012, 04:13:26 PM »

Paisley sold the horse to foreigners
who presumably will be taking him to Europe soon.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2012, 04:22:55 PM »

Oh!
I read anything to do with trotters.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Horse265

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »

is this a rumor or fact
Dan Quaid

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »

100% fact
zoot

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 11:17:50 PM »

i haven't spoken to butch since monday. dan do you know who bought him ? any chance new owners will try him in hambo ?

that would be great. butch gets the cash and we get to see if he is good enough to compete.
QuadCityKid

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2012, 11:46:28 PM »

Sold, will be in the Hambo. New trainer is Trond Smedshamer (sp).
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 06:01:49 AM »

Sold for  [ss]250,000
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: