Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 03:21:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone please play Devil's Advocate!!!  (Read 365 times)
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« on: June 30, 2012, 08:17:46 PM »

Oh no.....Not another bad call by the judges thread

I have watched 100,000 races in my life and I am asking all the astute posters on BTW  to watch the 2nd race at Calder today, 6/30, someone please explain to me how the 1A who broke from the far outside in the green wasnt DQed.....He almost put the 3 in the infield as they went into the turn and then overcorrects and makes a right hand turn and causes another horse to clip his heels and fall down.....It was the most mind-boggling unexplainable decision I have ever seen......The entry was completely overbet the whole race.....Now I know why......The rider on the 3 kind of put himself in trouble being indecisive and not going thru the hole before the turn......but it was still a blatant foul......and then to put a horse on the ground which was 100% his fault and not come down.......I really have no answer......If you have the head on thats obviously the view to watch
Report to moderator   Logged

SHOWTIME!!!
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »

Sorry I cannot play devils advocate because you are correct, it was a horrible call/non-call. Funny, because Calder seems to have a higher takedown rate than most other tracks so the non-call is inexplicable....
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:46 PM »

If i posted this, i would get killed by the little green men who seem to have a hard on for me.

But, i'll look at this race when i get a shot and comment.
RacetrackRailbird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 10:13:05 PM »

Why is it always somebody who thinks betting is going on while a race is being run who is most upset by actions of the stewards?

Better yet, why would you waste time watching "100,000" races if you think somebody else is betting during "the whole race"?

At the very most, you have  "insufficient evidence to warrant a disqualification".

More probable, is the chance that the #3 horse caused the whole thing.

The one you see as being soooooooo "mind boggling(ly)" guilty was running a pretty straight course until such time as the road curved in front of him.

When approaching a turn, some allowance for oh, say, actually turning must be afforded.

Had the rider on the #3 been as sure of his being in an appropriate spot he probably wouldn't have been so quick to take hold.  The jock on the #3 had one foot on the gas and the other on the brake, and he knew he was pushing his luck.

When the guy on the #3 made contact with the winner, that then affected the winner's path just enough so that he drifted slightly, clipping heels with a third horse in the process.  When the contact originated from inside, the winner cannot be held responsible for then drifting out slightly.

Hopefully you'll have time for 100,000 more races to refine your understanding.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: