Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 19, 2014, 05:00:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liver Cleanse or Milk Thistle  (Read 3877 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

has any one ever used this product?and I was curious your experience of thoughts on it ?thought you may share some experience you have had.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
FINEPOINT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »

We use Liver Zyme it has the milk thistle.If you have (ggt) prob. stop any meds that could cause stomach upset.It could take 30 to 60 days to clear up.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 02:22:13 PM »

has any one ever used this product?and I was curious your experience of thoughts on it ?thought you may share some experience you have had.

The Omega Liver Cleanse?

Have used it, along with their other ones....works ok.

Milk Thistle, ACV and corn oil - that's what I use. Don't ask me about the corn oil, it's just something Doc Riddle told me to include in a horse's diet if there are liver issues. I had one a few years ago that was trying to die on me and he said to give him 2 cups a day for 10 days and then back off to one a day.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 03:10:45 PM »

We use Liver Zyme it has the milk thistle.If you have (ggt) prob. stop any meds that could cause stomach upset.It could take 30 to 60 days to clear up.
RBC low 7.89
Blood urea nitro h 21
Phos h 5.3
AG ratio 1.2h
chol L 68
LDH h 758
cpk h 601
ordered the Liver Zyme and waiting for it to arrive.
Baby Fire Fly also ordered the Liver Flush and waiting for it to  get here also sometimes I think our mail is delivered pony express.
Mean while I started the horse on ACV and corn oil he can be a real funny eater when anything is changed in his diet.
I have slowly been putting small amounts in his food to try to get him use to it.
Fed late this  moring I went full strength.
Because of the lateness I put his food under the shade where he usually eats in the evening took one bite followed me to the gate and stood and watched me Im thinking oh shit here we go.
So I walked back in his pasture moved his food where I normally feed him in the morning he follows me and ate every stinking thing.
I hate when my horses are so demanding and screw with me about where they want their breakfast dishes.
Thanks for the tip guys and Ill let you know how it goes.
Ive also been giving  Vit c and a B12 complex. Flax seed. Avery good Vitamin supplement also.
He just seems to want me with him all the time . I had hope to turn a mare out with him but its not a good idea yet. Hoped it would help improve Mr Lonely.
Thanks for the advice from both of you posters. Any ideas will help races are very ticky.

FINEPOINT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 11:47:25 AM »

The blood count for your horse looks very close to my horses blood before we put her on the liver zyme.I did not see the (ggt)number? is this a horse racing?I was told that most of the time its a infection from stomach ulcers.It can backup into the biliary track.This will most definitly make a horse stop.I hope everything works out for you and your horse:)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2012, 08:13:48 PM »

The blood count for your horse looks very close to my horses blood before we put her on the liver zyme.I did not see the (ggt)number? is this a horse racing?I was told that most of the time its a infection from stomach ulcers.It can backup into the biliary track.This will most definitly make a horse stop.I hope everything works out for you and your horse:)
Thanks fine point.
Gama gt 20
Just brought him home from the track. He was so skinny I kept telling the trainer and groom no Alfal. I would buy him good quality 10 bales one wk later only 6 bales left trainer borrwo a couple you know how that goes. and then another none of my hay left and hes feeding my horse alfal i would gripe but it to know avail. Even when te horse went off his feed I kept telling him he is not right then I found out the last time he raced the trainer had him pre raced and now Im just so damn mad  I never wanted my horse preraced I just feel no need and always took great pride he hadnt been.
thats the way this buisness every time you say something nice about a trainer or groom they make a liar of you. and show their lack of talent. He is home now but I m concerned somethings going on he is just not urinating like he use to no blood or darkness just short  spurts so Im definantly going to have him to the vet. I did turn my mare out with him that he bred and he and she are sure happy to be together the follow each other every where on 3 acers and seem so much more happy and moving more and his apatitehas really improved with her with him.AT least now neither one are Mr and Mrs lonely.

Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 04:14:08 AM »

Bean your horses penis very well and then put him on Methinone

Big difference
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »

Bean your horses penis very well and then put him on Methinone

Big difference
Thanks Hardline,
My vet had to make an emergency call out here a couple wks ago.
He cleand the boys sheath and found a wound that could have been from a certain fly bite that lays eggs and also the larva then lives and does much damage to the stomach. We wormed him and back in 4 days vet said that should help.Also ran his blood again and it came back normal and real good. did his teeth. He also had to be oiled he got into some hay at first I thought with this hot wheather maybe the molases in his grain may have tainted his feed. But when I started shoveling the excess hay from his paddock the wheat oat Barley hay that was left and him playin in the water and me sprinkle his hay with water smelt like I was in a brewery it was so ferminted that will never happen again the vet is sure that is what he got a holed of. With that vet call I learned something at least. I was always old school and when a horse starts to colis give them a wheat bran mash with lots of oil and if they eat that your going to tbe ok well 20 mins after the mash he trhwos himself on the groind stretches his knec and growls and was in sever stmach cramps.
went grabbed the banmine called the vet and man my vet i have not seen in 10 years was their in forty minutes maz he came all the way from Auburn . he saidl ong time no see I said yep 12 years the last time I had to use a vet here at my house was when a mare I had in foal got bet by a rattlesnake.

what exactly does the Menthinone do?

What form do you purchase it in and how do you adminster it?

thanks hardline for taken your time to post and give some good advice

Hardline

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 07:56:54 PM »

Keeps the urine flowing well and balances the ph so beans don't form---dosage depends on type you purchase.. usually tack shops have the powder form directions should be labeled

Hope this helps....

light bulb
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 11:32:06 PM »

Keeps the urine flowing well and balances the ph so beans don't form---dosage depends on type you purchase.. usually tack shops have the powder form directions should be labeled

Hope this helps....

light bulb

yes it does and I will see if the tack shop is open tommorow but do you have any one product you prefer over another?

OldGreyMare

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:45 AM »

Adding milk thistle took my horse's liver enzymes from 72 back down to 20s within one month.  Basic Nutrition makes a great product.

Check out my Facebook Page:  Flo Browne Horsemanship Training
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 05:06:58 PM »

Adding milk thistle took my horse's liver enzymes from 72 back down to 20s within one month.  Basic Nutrition makes a great product.
Lordy be girlfriend in the hell have u been?

So glad u back and post tosty !
Thank for the input!

dennycrane

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »

fuzzy  i take it u dont want to feed alfalfa hay??just for the record  that is the biggest misconception in the hosre business...oohh yea   and burkes feed straight alfalfa   and the horses that do the 24 hour endurance things on the west coast...straight alfalfa..it is the best hay you can feed..hope this makes things a little clearer
Sully

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 03:38:27 PM »

Just used it on one that previous trainer had on cobalt, found that lucky tidbit out after the horse lost half its mass and liver went zonky. Fixed the liver issue but horse is toast, ready to move on as a riding horse, gutted for racing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: