Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 09:01:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN S. YOU EMPLOY A TRAINER WHO IS VIOLENT!!  (Read 8330 times)
Dan Nance

« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2006, 02:28:30 PM »

trotter
Good to see you post again. One of sane voices on BTW. Wondered same thing my self why ddint who ever witnessed stop it.

One of Tom Wendts many screen names.
Report to moderator   Logged
emp

« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2006, 02:41:53 PM »

Here's another viewpoint for all of you.

When I'd helped a few people from 2000-2002 on the backside I'd been able to witness EP a lot more than the average bear. He was once the understudy of Dirk Simpson and actually housed Champion on Ice as a 'pet' for years until he had to put down. Right there tells you the guy has a heart for horses. I've also witnessed him carrying other horsepeople's children in his arms as infants as well as tote around with kids on the backside. So the guy has a heart and is good to people.

On the flipside.... horses do act up sometimes. There are ways and there aren't ways to handle situations like this. If a horse acts up you change your tone of voice and let the horse know who's in the position of authority. Hitting or slapping a horse is animal cruelty plain and simple. There is no need to hit a horse or even slap a horse while its in its stall or sitting in its crossties. Take a skunk for instance. All it knows to do is spray that nasty smelling stuff to defend itself. If a horse feels like its violated it will react with animal instincts. In all my years around horses only one horse stepped on my foot. Why I don't know but was reaction was a quiet laugh, then I attempted to pull my foot out from the death grip of this horses' hoove. It didn't work so I made a raspy voice comment, walked the horse another way then pulled my foot out and continued to walk the horse and cool him out. Never had any other situations where a horse did anything to scare me or put me in a situation where my fist or foot or any kind of tool would be needed to defend myself. There was once a stallion  however, who saw my eyes, caught on to my demeanor and started to freak out. All that was done was eye contact and that was that. The horse was being handled by a very competent groom who basically told me to step back as he was a brute and tough guy and didn't like being f-ed with. I then said I didn't do anything and the handler said, all a person like you needs to do is look a horse like that in the eye.

Whatever happened, if anything, at The Big M with EP, is his business, and his business only in matter such as this. 9 pages of comments that are now blown out of proportion is downright disrespectful for all parties involved whatever circumstances happened between them. If this was two horses banging bikes and fighting down he stretch the stewards would need to make a decision right then and there. Again whatever happened will be handled in whatever way it needs to be and everyone who's not involved should stay just there and not get involved.

Just another opinion.
CHUCKNORRISFAN

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2006, 03:01:43 PM »

This Plowman is a total Loser who has been seen ABUSING the horses and i hope he gets his ASS Tanned by his butt buddies who will eventually share a CELL with him !
I did a little calling around and asked a couple very reliable sources who Confirmed his past ACTS  and I'm just sickened by it ...
Was told recently a guy named Rod was banned from Balmoral for being unsavory and how can this guy get away without any management getting this guy some well deserved time OFF and help from counseling
Dan Nance

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2006, 03:04:06 PM »

Here's another viewpoint for all of you.

When I'd helped a few people from 2000-2002 on the backside I'd been able to witness EP a lot more than the average bear. He was once the understudy of Dirk Simpson and actually housed Champion on Ice as a 'pet' for years until he had to put down. Right there tells you the guy has a heart for horses. I've also witnessed him carrying other horsepeople's children in his arms as infants as well as tote around with kids on the backside. So the guy has a heart and is good to people.

On the flipside.... horses do act up sometimes. There are ways and there aren't ways to handle situations like this. If a horse acts up you change your tone of voice and let the horse know who's in the position of authority. Hitting or slapping a horse is animal cruelty plain and simple. There is no need to hit a horse or even slap a horse while its in its stall or sitting in its crossties. Take a skunk for instance. All it knows to do is spray that nasty smelling stuff to defend itself. If a horse feels like its violated it will react with animal instincts. In all my years around horses only one horse stepped on my foot. Why I don't know but was reaction was a quiet laugh, then I attempted to pull my foot out from the death grip of this horses' hoove. It didn't work so I made a raspy voice comment, walked the horse another way then pulled my foot out and continued to walk the horse and cool him out. Never had any other situations where a horse did anything to scare me or put me in a situation where my fist or foot or any kind of tool would be needed to defend myself. There was once a stallion  however, who saw my eyes, caught on to my demeanor and started to freak out. All that was done was eye contact and that was that. The horse was being handled by a very competent groom who basically told me to step back as he was a brute and tough guy and didn't like being f-ed with. I then said I didn't do anything and the handler said, all a person like you needs to do is look a horse like that in the eye.

Whatever happened, if anything, at The Big M with EP, is his business, and his business only in matter such as this. 9 pages of comments that are now blown out of proportion is downright disrespectful for all parties involved whatever circumstances happened between them. If this was two horses banging bikes and fighting down he stretch the stewards would need to make a decision right then and there. Again whatever happened will be handled in whatever way it needs to be and everyone who's not involved should stay just there and not get involved.

Just another opinion.

Nice little post there, Eric. Did you ever stop and think that maybe if situations like what happened in the barn at the Big M. ( and are harness racing related ) are brought out for all involved in the business to know that just maybe this person who beats and kicks horses and then pushes his weight around by pushing people and punching them will maybe think twice about doing the same thing again to a horse or a person? Maybe he will even consider seeking help with his anger problems.

What you said in your post reminds me of a guy who is a wife beater but everyone goes around and says that he his a wonderful person and does great things to help others but goes home and beats the shit out of his family.

I'm sure Eric can be a wonderful person and help people just like his dad would if you asked him but some people do have another side they need to find help with. This is the second time in less then a year that it has been reported the Eric punched someone out.  
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2006, 03:15:40 PM »

Dan,

I am not Tom...not every name on here that disagrees with you is Tom. Trust me there are a lot of people who don't agree with some of the things you say and do, but some of us just tend to ignore you.  I never have attacked you or won't, so lay off me.  I don't want to argue with you today.
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »

Chuck,

The reason I was told he got tossed was because of his friends, heroine, cocaine and weed.  That trio can get you very unpopular at the track.
Dan Nance

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

Dan,

I am not Tom...not every name on here that disagrees with you is Tom. Trust me there are a lot of people who don't agree with some of the things you say and do, but some of us just tend to ignore you.  I never have attacked you or won't, so lay off me.  I don't want to argue with you today.

I'm sorry, I thought someone in the past posted that trotter was Tom. My mistake, I must have your screen name confused with someone else that Tom was posting under. Have a nice day even if it's pouring in Chicago. It's Sunny and 85 in Vegas and it's about time for me to head out the door and enjoy this wonderful city and all it has to offer so people are not bored out of their minds like they are in Chicago. I might even go out to Red Rock Canyon and have a cookout and enjoy nature at it's finest. Have you ever been to Red Rock Canyon when you were in Vegas? If not ask Donna Lee how wonderful the scenery is.

Take care and stay dry!
onefortheroad

« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2006, 03:34:54 PM »

Dan, why are you so interested in Eric? You seem to be the one that started this.Personal? or what? I am just curious. First  I have seen  Eric first hand around horses, children.If he is is such a monster Why do all the kids run up to him? Get A life!!  Are you trying to get his owner for your brother? You are gone remember! Hate all of us here at the track! We are all losers! REMEMBER!!! We have heard it several times.  Don't you have some fleas out there in the race books to bother. Now you can start all your bashing and threatening. You have some serious issues.!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2006, 03:43:28 PM »

Dan, why are you so interested in Eric? You seem to be the one that started this.Personal? or what? I am just curious. First  I have seen  Eric first hand around horses, children.If he is is such a monster Why do all the kids run up to him? Get A life!!  Are you trying to get his owner for your brother? You are gone remember! Hate all of us here at the track! We are all losers! REMEMBER!!! We have heard it several times.  Don't you have some fleas out there in the race books to bother. Now you can start all your bashing and threatening. You have some serious issues.!!!!

I'm not interested in Eric in the least bit or his horses. I'm done with this topic now because everyone knows what happened out east and that Eric was told to leave. Now, people in Chicago can watch out for him there.

Have a good day and Scott doesn't need any of Eric's crippled rats.
Richard Breth

« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2006, 03:57:54 PM »

never mind
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:00:59 PM by Richard Breth » Report to moderator   Logged
Bottle of Brew

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2006, 04:26:01 PM »

i see eric yous tasser gun on 1 horse.  horse almosted had heeart attackk.  terrible man he yous drugs and electic shocks like tony m.
Armonsol

« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2006, 04:29:41 PM »

Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2006, 05:06:31 PM »

On April 25 Plowman was fined $500 for "disorderly conduct" which occurred on April 11.

I have no opinion to express about EP whatsoever;I'm just posting a FACT.
Bottle of Brew

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2006, 05:49:45 PM »

did eric p. gets fine for tasser gun horses?  he make them go fast with electic shocks like tony m.  it posted on btw and that how tony ledfrods rucker and eric p get pinched for bad cheets.  btw get all of them pinched by board and police.  keep up good jobs esteamed possters and big importants forum like btw.  thnak u.
Tsunami

« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »

I'm sorry, I thought someone in the past posted that trotter was Tom.

THAT SOMEONE WAS YOU   Huh
swoodall

« Reply #140 on: May 26, 2006, 01:29:30 AM »

bottle of brew = Mr. peanut  exact same stupid use of the exact same intentionally misspelled words with the exact same sentence structure.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: