Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 07:25:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Press Release on Meadowlands & Gural 6/5  (Read 746 times)
Maxim

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2012, 06:03:18 AM »

The saga continues -- Meadowland improvements, comments on the industry, comments on comments

More Meadowlands Racetrack matters -- Posted on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:09 am --by John Brennan
http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowlandsmatters/2888/more-meadowlands-racetrack-matters/#more-2888

Extract from the above piece:
The negative publicity associated with the Lou Pena suspension and the comments by some would lead one to believe that the industry tolerates this behavior and this can only hurt our efforts to increase handle. Worse yet, it appears that the regulations governing therapeutic medication are so confusing and differ from state to state that no one knows exactly what can and cannot be done. I pledge to address this problem with the regulators as soon as possible.

Good luck wit' 'dat Jeffy.
Report to moderator   Logged
TrimTab

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »

The saga continues -- Meadowland improvements, comments on the industry, comments on comments

More Meadowlands Racetrack matters -- Posted on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 5:09 am --by John Brennan
http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowlandsmatters/2888/more-meadowlands-racetrack-matters/#more-2888

The negative publicity associated with the Lou Pena suspension and the comments by some would lead one to believe that the industry tolerates this behavior and this can only hurt our efforts to increase handle. Worse yet, it appears that the regulations governing therapeutic medication are so confusing and differ from state to state that no one knows exactly what can and cannot be done. I pledge to address this problem with the regulators as soon as possible.

It's easy to see what side of the fence your on.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:11:38 AM by TrimTab » Report to moderator   Logged
beautyistruth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:10 AM »

Nice try he knows the rules they didn't change in New Jersey. Lets just say he's busted didn't think they could do this but they did. Should have got more of them.
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 06:15:37 AM »

Lots of interesting stuff in the above article -- what does half-in-and-half out mean ... commitment to the Meadowlands?
Is whipping going to be outlawed at his tracks -- just like Brennan?
Are regulations coming for his properties alone -- or just guidelines via press releases?
I'll stop now.

“All in all, with the exception of the Pena mess, I think things are moving in a positive direction. I appreciate the support I have received from the drivers as it relates to closing the holes eliminating half in and half out, as well as following the new rules relating to whipping which I think have made a big difference in the quality of our product. One thing I am sure of is that whipping is not necessary. It does little to improve the performance of the horse and is offensive to many people, especially youngsters, who stand along the rail and see and hear the whip hit the horse.

I hope the industry would take a look at these rules which we are going to implement at Tioga as well.”
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 06:40:44 AM »

Lots of interesting stuff in the above article -- what does half-in-and-half out mean ... commitment to the Meadowlands?
Are regulations coming for his properties alone -- or just guidelines via press releases?
I'll stop now.

“All in all, with the exception of the Pena mess, I think things are moving in a positive direction. I appreciate the support I have received from the drivers as it relates to closing the holes eliminating half in and half out, as well as following the new rules relating to whipping which I think have made a big difference in the quality of our product. One thing I am sure of is that whipping is not necessary. It does little to improve the performance of the horse and is offensive to many people, especially youngsters, who stand along the rail and see and hear the whip hit the horse.

I hope the industry would take a look at these rules which we are going to implement at Tioga as well.”

You seem to have a real hardon for Gural.
We get it. You don't like him because he is trying to do something the no track operator has done in a very long time. So what? Move on. Race somewhere else. Get out of the business. Whatever..
Here is a suggestion:
Stay away from him and his tracks, all three of them.
Did he steal your lunch money?
You said you are an owner, I believe.
Here is another suggestion:
Ship them to Yonkers, load them up, and let Georgie fly with them.
Then you can cash a ticket and pay a few bills.
Or, go race at Pocono, where the purse far exceeds the handle of the race.
How long do you think that will last?

This might be a good thing since you seem to be sympathetic to the "plight" of Georgie and Senor Horse Whisperer..
I'm sure "Jeffy" won't miss the entries of your claimers..
As for the rest of your posts, you should have stopped several posts ago.

I am glad that this other guy Brennan  (George would have a tough time reading it), interpreted the blog post for us, because nobody is really able to read and figure out what it meant, as it was REALLY deep..
Lastly, for all those on Senor P's payroll:
You had a great run, you fooled lots of people into lots of money lost.
Now that it may be over, write the book about how you got railroaded, print some of your "new" training techniques, and you will recover some of the money that you may no longer be able to steal..
Or, continue to race, but not at Vernon, Tioga, or the Meadowlands..
What will happen when the slot subsidies start to vanish?
NJGUY

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 06:43:41 AM »

I think this is a long uphill battle. He is trying to increase the attendance which
is a great idea. The people that show up have to bet. It is great that they have
concerts and try to do things for the kids. I know when my children were little they
weren't hanging around a racetrack at 10:00 PM. If it was afternoon racing my kids
would come watch our horses race but never at night. I just want to know what
do you think a good attendance number is at the New Meadowlands ?  A crowd
of 3000 on a Saturday night just doesn't cut it. Also if slots do show up eventually
how much more on track handle do you think it will bring ? I think it would be minimal
because people are there just to gamble on the slots.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:28 AM »

Yes, a tough battle indeed.
And we finally have an owner who is stepping up to change things.
And he is getting bashed.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »

Total agreement with all of your posts in this Thread Vic....Thanks for keeping my comments short. you are saying it all quite well
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:16:43 AM »

GURAL IS TRYING, CAN ANY OTHER OPERATOR HONESTLY SAY THEY ARE TRYING?

NOW ARE HIS MOTIVES TO GET SLOTS AS SOME HAVE SUGGESTED AND EVEN GURAL HAS MENTIONED, SURE I WILL BUY THAT, BUT HE HAS PROVEN AT BOTH VERNON AND TIOGA THAT EVEN WITH SLOTS HE STILL CARES AND IS STILL TRYING.

IN THIS RELEASE HE MENTIONS THE KIDS (YOUNGSTERS, I BELIEVE HE SAID), THIS IS WHERE I THINK HE IS AIMING AND PUSHING TO MAKE HIS PRIORITY.   HE TALKS ABOUT THE KIDS AT THE RAIL AND THE WHIPPING.   HE IS TRYING TO MARKET HIS PRODUCT TO THE YOUNG SO THAT IN 10-15 YEARS THERE ARE FANS LEFT.

LET'S FACE IT, GUYS 25-65 ARE NOT GONNA START BETTING HORSES AT A HIGH ENOUGH RATE TO KEEP US GOING...THEY ALREADY HAVE THERE HOBBIES, THERE PASSIONS, AND THERE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES SPOKEN FOR.

GURAL IS THE BEST HOPE WE GOT.

MAXIPAD---YOUR HATRED OF JEFF IS OOZING AND I FIND IT QUITE FUNNY!!!
dnnj1

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 07:27:13 AM »

Why won't anyone acknowledge the fact that he's playing favorites.  Banned many trainers but lets croghan race ( who has double the positives) because his owner Eric Cherry is an investor in the track.  How about a mention of schnittker blowing up the box last week at pocono and thats his trainer
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »

Why won't anyone acknowledge the fact that he's playing favorites.  Banned many trainers but lets croghan race ( who has double the positives) because his owner Eric Cherry is an investor in the track.  How about a mention of schnittker blowing up the box last week at pocono and thats his trainer

I agree to bar them all.   
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:36 AM »

Faraldo's not afraid to declare something is amiss -- another press release -- this time Faraldo writing about many issues.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=98113&fullcomment=1#comments-9192

Track operators can pretend to want to cure the industry of its ills, but creating them in the name of self righteousness doesn't cure any problems and creates, perhaps intentionally, unnecessary negative publicity for our industry.

Anyone in our game who spoke out on these issues is meant to have them judged from the knowledge that when talking to a reporter things don't always come out in the context said. I credit all of the horsemen who spoke out concerning the unjust punishment meted out to anyone selectively and arbitrarily for caring for horses under the watchful eye of a schooled veterinarian who is following NJ rules to the letter.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »

Faraldo's not afraid to declare something is amiss -- another press release -- this time Faraldo writing about many issues.

Track operators can pretend to want to cure the industry of its ills, but creating them in the name of self righteousness doesn't cure any problems and creates, perhaps intentionally, unnecessary negative publicity for our industry.

Anyone in our game who spoke out on these issues is meant to have them judged from the knowledge that when talking to a reporter things don't always come out in the context said. I credit all of the horsemen who spoke out concerning the unjust punishment meted out to anyone selectively and arbitrarily for caring for horses under the watchful eye of a schooled veterinarian who is following NJ rules to the letter.

JOE FARALDO IS A CREEP AND HATES BETTOR'S.   HE IS A DISGRACE TO REAL HORSEMEN AS HE DEFENDS THE LOWEST FORMS OF LIFE.

JOE COULD BE THE BIGGEST BLACK EYE TO EVER GRACE(DISGRACE) STANDARDBRED RACING.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 08:13:46 AM »

Well, that can't possibly be right, because everyone knows it is the REGULATORS who create all the problems in the industry.

It's everyone but the poor horsemen who are actually responsible for for what substances get pumped into the horses. Regulators, track owners ... society can't be too far behind, here.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 08:42:38 AM »

Well, that can't possibly be right, because everyone knows it is the REGULATORS who create all the problems in the industry.

It's everyone but the poor horsemen who are actually responsible for for what substances get pumped into the horses. Regulators, track owners ... society can't be too far behind, here.

I think the issue is the withdrawal times for these medications have always been "guidelines" to make sure that the horse doesnt test over the threshold and thus have too much drug in the horse's system on race day which gives the horse a competitive advantage....or become performance "enhancing".....these withdrawal times were always treated as guidelines.....but there was no penalty unless the horse came back over the threshold....apparently none did.....so no performance enhancing effect was gained so no penalty would fall back on the trainer of record.....people in all walks of life push the envelope.....and many trainers "gamble" on these guidelines.....Im not sure how many of these horse won and thus tested.....but I imagine they tested every Pena horse for the last year everywhere......at least ones who put in subpar performances were probably specialed along with all the winners

SHOWTIME!!!
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »

So many funny posters and so little time.  Aside from some sweeping generalizations, there has been good dialogue about these developments and their affects on the industry.  I've learned a lot by these threads taking in the viewpoints of others.  For what little worth it holds ... I am a proponent of:

-  a level playing field
-  full transparency and accountability
-  rules and regulators that are honest/consistent/effective  
-  accredited labs that utilize current technologies/methods
-  fair and impartial investigations/hearings based on quantitative and qualitative evidence acceptable within the scientific community
-  rule-abiding owners/trainers/drivers
-  enthusiastic fans
-  great horses
-  and ... at minimum ... good racing/sportsmanship/fun

Clean the mess up top-down has been my point -- cause bottom up ain't working (my list in reverse --  is crumbling or has)  
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:28:00 AM by Maxim » Report to moderator   Logged
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 09:10:45 AM »

I think the issue is the withdrawal times for these medications have always been "guidelines" to make sure that the horse doesnt test over the threshold and thus have too much drug in the horse's system on race day which gives the horse a competitive advantage....or become performance "enhancing".....these withdrawal times were always treated as guidelines.....but there was no penalty unless the horse came back over the threshold....apparently none did.....so no performance enhancing effect was gained so no penalty would fall back on the trainer of record.....people in all walks of life push the envelope.....and many trainers "gamble" on these guidelines.....Im not sure how many of these horse won and thus tested.....but I imagine they tested every Pena horse for the last year everywhere......at least ones who put in subpar performances were probably specialed along with all the winners

Another great post HarnessFanDE   thumbs up
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 09:18:32 AM »

So many funny posters and so little time.  Now I got you, VicD, TrimTab and others making sweeping generalizations about what points I am attempting to make (apparently unsuccessfully). 

No, I was making a point about Faraldo laughably trying to make Gural the scapegoat for "negative publicity" making the industry look bad to outsiders. And my opinion is the people who make the industry look bad to outsiders are those who cheat, NOT those who try to stop them from cheating, or won't put up with cheating.

He's literate and funny.  I can see why he angers you so.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 12:30:38 PM »

So many funny posters and so little time.  Aside from some sweeping generalizations, there has been good dialogue about these developments and their affects on the industry.  I've learned a lot by these threads taking in the viewpoints of others.  For what little worth it holds ... I am a proponent of:

-  a level playing field
-  full transparency and accountability
-  rules and regulators that are honest/consistent/effective 
-  accredited labs that utilize current technologies/methods
-  fair and impartial investigations/hearings based on quantitative and qualitative evidence acceptable within the scientific community
-  rule-abiding owners/trainers/drivers
-  enthusiastic fans
-  great horses
-  and ... at minimum ... good racing/sportsmanship/fun

Clean the mess up top-down has been my point -- cause bottom up ain't working (my list in reverse --  is crumbling or has) 

YOUR LIST IS GREAT, HOW MUCH CASH CAN YOU DONATE?
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »

No, I was making a point about Faraldo laughably trying to make Gural the scapegoat for "negative publicity" making the industry look bad to outsiders. And my opinion is the people who make the industry look bad to outsiders are those who cheat, NOT those who try to stop them from cheating, or won't put up with cheating.

Thanks for the clarification and I apologize (I edited my quip accordingly).

My take is that Faraldo was challenging Gural's intentional negativity for some hidden personal agenda -- but who knows.
Maxim

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 12:56:46 PM »

YOUR LIST IS GREAT, HOW MUCH CASH CAN YOU DONATE?

Donated too much, tens of thousands may be even six figures.  I lost count and gave up.  Only got 5 steps (from bottom up) on my own damn list and realized the corruption was too big to fight.  Now all I have are words on a forum.  Sad but true but ... opinions count and words can make a difference.  I'm lobbying for a top-down approach now.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »

No offense Maxim, but most of us know that Joe Faraldo is and has been an apologist for the bad behavior associated with the game for decades, going back to crucufying Leo Bauer for turning in the drivers who were offering bribes.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »

I'll stop now.

Half in-half out refers to the horse following another horse about halfway outside of the position the horse in front has taken. Makes it extremely easy to NOT get locked in. Is also considered to be "carrying a horse out". Gives the driver an extra second to actually pull completely into the next lane.When seeing a head on shot it is simple to see. It's against the rules at EVERY track I've ever heard, but not always enforced. It's up to the stewards to enforce it.

Commitment to the Meadowlands means the driver will STAY there and drive and NOT go drive somewhere else, except, MAYBE, for stake races.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: