Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 05:21:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Light's On, But Nobody's Home  (Read 3758 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »

Which adds credence to my statement of not even being able to find out if the pick 6 was hit legitimately or not. In that case, why report anything until you have all the details. Now it sounds like Scott overreacted and jumped the gun about reporting it...

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

The ticket was cashed immediately, Joe.  No overreacting.

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 05:54:42 PM »

The ticket was cashed immediately, Joe.  No overreacting.

Best,
EW

Then he knew it was you so he screwed up by not reporting it...either way, it sounds like he screwed up. Why would you lie to Scott about hitting the bet, it does not make sense and would be completely out of character for you to do something like that. Oh well, what can you do. I understand that he is new in that position but he should be more informative. Maybe next time.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2005, 05:59:30 PM »

Then he knew it was you so he screwed up by not reporting it...either way, it sounds like he screwed up. Why would you lie to Scott about hitting the bet, it does not make sense and would be completely out of character for you to do something like that. Oh well, what can you do. I understand that he is new in that position but he should be more informative. Maybe next time.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Obviously I wouldn't lie, but you can't report what you don't "know."  And if you "know" something that you can't find out using the track resources, it makes the track look bad.

Best,
EW

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2005, 06:07:57 PM »

Obviously I wouldn't lie, but you can't report what you don't "know."  And if you "know" something that you can't find out using the track resources, it makes the track look bad.

Best,
EW
Completely agree, that is why he should have waited to report it, or report it that a Chicago connection hit it. In my opinion it looked very suspicious the way it was reported and you know how shit starts when they find out Scott's friend hit the pick 6. I guarantee you that if you did that here, Langley would throw you out of the track and terminate Scott. It's a shame but people automatically assume the worst. Either way, in my opinion Scott jumped the gun. I am off to dinner with Joe Parisi so have a good night and be lucky.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2005, 06:17:46 PM »

Completely agree, that is why he should have waited to report it, or report it that a Chicago connection hit it. In my opinion it looked very suspicious the way it was reported and you know how shit starts when they find out Scott's friend hit the pick 6. I guarantee you that if you did that here, Langley would throw you out of the track and terminate Scott. It's a shame but people automatically assume the worst. Either way, in my opinion Scott jumped the gun. I am off to dinner with Joe Parisi so have a good night and be lucky.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe,

I don't agree with you AT ALL.  But, we can agree to disagree.

The tote showed one winner, and he reported it.

That's responsible.  Much more than trying to play snoop to see who won it.

Don't try to draw parallels between that situation and and an outright lie.

Enjoy your dinner, and have a great night!

Best,
EW

bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2005, 06:42:44 PM »

His job is to report that there was 1 winner, not play columbo and try to solve the mystery of who won.
pacerfan

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2005, 10:56:08 PM »

To make all of the people who do not play the horses on a regular basis, I think that based upon a "2" Superfecta, the amount would be $148,000. The winning ticket was played for 10 cents.
You guys know how they work.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2005, 11:03:08 PM »

To make all of the people who do not play the horses on a regular basis, I think that based upon a "2" Superfecta, the amount would be $148,000. The winning ticket was played for 10 cents.
You guys know how they work.

We know this fact, but it's not fair to misrepresent it that badly.

Best,
EW

swoodall

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »

EW

I used to keep track of those roll over estimates on the results charts when I removed the chart from the program.  Mike may do the estimates but when the track first started advertising the estimated pools several years ago they were NEVER right.  My records go back 7 years.  Roll overs landing on a Thurs,Fri or Saturday are pretty accurate now maybe that credit goes solely to Mike A.  When the Bal-Cal pk4 guarantee first started they didn't hit the 50k minimum 2 of the first 3 times on Saturday nights.  At the same time they would estimate a 40k roll over pool for a Mon-Wed Maywood card or a Tuesday Balmoral card when total handle was 55-70% of the Fri-Sat handle!  I don't know how long Mike has been making the estimates but I will say they definitely have gotten a lot more accurate.  Besides what's more egregious,  Balmoral touting a $2 super payout knowing no one had a $2 ticket or OUR GOVERNMENT LYING TO THE WORLD TO START A WAR!!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2005, 06:24:32 PM »

Every few days there is a big Pick 6 hit at California or New York. Unless it is very large there is no report of who won it. Sometimes they say like "a single ticket was sold through Youbet". Only time any more specific info. is reported is for big $million hits on a Kentucky Derby super. or breeders cup Pick 6 then they name and interview winner. Scott reported same as everybody else had no responsibility to report any extra detail. My opinion.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2005, 06:32:18 PM »

EW

I used to keep track of those roll over estimates on the results charts when I removed the chart from the program.  Mike may do the estimates but when the track first started advertising the estimated pools several years ago they were NEVER right.  My records go back 7 years.  Roll overs landing on a Thurs,Fri or Saturday are pretty accurate now maybe that credit goes solely to Mike A.  When the Bal-Cal pk4 guarantee first started they didn't hit the 50k minimum 2 of the first 3 times on Saturday nights.  At the same time they would estimate a 40k roll over pool for a Mon-Wed Maywood card or a Tuesday Balmoral card when total handle was 55-70% of the Fri-Sat handle!  I don't know how long Mike has been making the estimates but I will say they definitely have gotten a lot more accurate.  Besides what's more egregious,  Balmoral touting a $2 super payout knowing no one had a $2 ticket or OUR GOVERNMENT LYING TO THE WORLD TO START A WAR!!!

Steve,

I can't help you with 4-5 years ago.  I know that the Bal/Cal had a pretty tough time, but wasn't that a guarantee?

Over the last year or so, I know Mike has done the estimates, and he's been excellent.  Before then, I was in Nashville and playing the Big M.

Best,
EW

race track phil

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2005, 01:35:21 PM »

guys when I won a 110,000 super bet , they asked for my permission to to publisize my name in an article in the program . thats they way it should be ! since then I hit many bets were I was a single winner and did'nt want it to go public . naturally the tellers use to know and told someone and the word gets around on who the winner was . well let me tell you future winners of big bets . dont go public with your big wins ! your taking a chance on getting robbed . believe me I've been followed out of the track , but I was prepared .                             RTP
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: