Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 11:37:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AP 5/23 R8  (Read 473 times)
thearmada

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:52:14 PM »

Anybody have any insight to the races today? I see that Horizon has a horse today. Chris, what do you think your horses chances are? More Than Ready never hurts on the turf.
Report to moderator   Logged
DaPaver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 01:24:59 PM »

Has a shot , and using there regular rider doesnt hurt. Last 7500clm n/w 2 today 16000clm nw2 not sure on that but the grass might move him up!
Chris Szulc

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 01:26:02 PM »

Yeah we've been waiting to get him on turf. Like you said, he's certainly bred well for the turf so we'll give it a go - the race is not all that tough aside from Playon Player and Artful Bee.

I likeMad Genius in the 5th as a Longshot.

Good luck to all today!!
Chris Szulc

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »

Yeah we've been waiting to get him on turf. Like you said, he's certainly bred well for the turf so we'll give it a go - the race is not all that tough aside from Playon Player and Artful Bee.

Good luck to all today!!

Well I'm an idiot. Just arrived at Ap forgot to check scratches.....Mad Genius is scratched!
Chris Szulc

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »

Last 7500clm n/w 2 today 16000clm nw2 not sure on that but the grass might move him up!

Yep 16k is the bottom to run on turf..
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 12:47:58 AM »

was definately wortha shot on the sod with him chris and you caughta real soft spot, the winner basically won by default with the field being that way. broke his maiden in 2010, and in the only 5 starts since that kept much tougher, if he didnt win that race today he probaly would never have won on the grass again. i know ya like innocensio and i think hes a decent jock too but maybe switch it up next time and try and get a jock whos more aggressive outta the gate who'll get him on or near the lead early like how he ran when he broke his maiden and maybe the horse will get real brave for ya, JMO.  better luck next time!  thumbs up

Good luck to all today!!

brianwspencer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 12:48:37 PM »

was definately wortha shot on the sod with him chris and you caughta real soft spot, the winner basically won by default with the field being that way. broke his maiden in 2010, and in the only 5 starts since that kept much tougher, if he didnt win that race today he probaly would never have won on the grass again. i know ya like innocensio and i think hes a decent jock too but maybe switch it up next time and try and get a jock whos more aggressive outta the gate who'll get him on or near the lead early like how he ran when he broke his maiden and maybe the horse will get real brave for ya, JMO.  better luck next time!  thumbs up

And not necessarily saying the horse was going to storm past them all to win anyway, but it sure didn't help when the horse took a bad step on the far turn when it looked like he had at least a tiny bit of run left in him -- just got wisely wrapped up on after the bad step when he looked like he might go down.
thearmada

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

Too bad it didn't work yesterday. Good luck in future races!
Chris Szulc

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 03:20:17 PM »

And not necessarily saying the horse was going to storm past them all to win anyway, but it sure didn't help when the horse took a bad step on the far turn when it looked like he had at least a tiny bit of run left in him -- just got wisely wrapped up on after the bad step when he looked like he might go down.

Inosencio said he slipped (and did almost fall) and really didn't like his footing on turf - go figure. He'll be in 2 weeks back on polytrack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: