Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 03:48:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: * UPDATE * OHIO: Have you seen this horse?  (Read 19966 times)
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »

Apparently, all that will happen today is that a Vet will look at STAR before qualifying

Will the Vet find the previously fractured coffin bone ?

horse shoe
Report to moderator   Logged

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
burton

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2012, 11:46:57 AM »

This "stolen" horse qualified in 2:00 and change this morning at Scioto finishing third and beating several others.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »

Is this Raber character interested in selling the horse? If so, what would the price be? If the price is reasonable, why doesnt someone (or group) just buy the horse and get it out of his hands?

A few weeks ago the horse was offered for sale at public auction, he was the only horse on the sale grounds that day. In attendance was a volunteer from a local rescue whose goal was to purchase Star and return him to retirement. Unfortunately, they were bid up and up and up - way beyond what the horse would have been worth on today's market. The sale company would not provide the documentation on the purchaser, who of course was the one who would have received the funds from the sale. Basically, they could have bid the horse up to a million bucks if they wanted to, since Raber would have essentially been writing himself a check.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »

Sounds like a real 1st class organization, that USTA.

"Oh, someone scribbled something there on the appropriate line? Well, good enough for us! It's official. "

If Northfield caught him trying to pass forged papers, how can the USTA be oblivious to the fact this guy seems to be a forger? Did Northfield not pass that on? Does he hold a USTA license?

The USTA was alerted to this issue a few days before Raber initially qualified the horse at Northfield when the owner's virtual stable alerted her to the fact that the horse was entered. He was qualified while still in her name. She immediately alerted Northfield, so when Raber attempted to pass the forged transfer papers, they were not accepted. Why there were no repercussions for this, I have no idea.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:18 PM »

Apparently, all that will happen today is that a Vet will look at STAR before qualifying

Will the Vet find the previously fractured coffin bone ?

horse shoe

Not without an xray, of course....unless the horse was visibly lame (which he was at the auction a few weeks ago)....but I'm sure a simple foot block took care of that. So the answer is, no. If (god forbid) the horse refractures that bone during a race and falls, causing a wreck, maybe they will re-think how they handle these sort of things.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 12:40:51 PM »

This "stolen" horse qualified in 2:00 and change this morning at Scioto finishing third and beating several others.

He's not a bad horse,  they wouldn't have shipped him from NY to Califonia if he wasn't. The people that took on that expense also did the correct thing and retired him when it was discovered he had an injury of this nature....without making a dime off of him.

Horses do heal from this sort of fracture, it takes time and he has had plenty of it. A call from Raber to the previous owner, explaining the situation and asking if they would consider allowing him to start the horse would probably have taken care of all of this. I'm sure Star's owner would have been happy enough to allow this as long as he agreed to turn the horse over to the rescue willing to take him in when he was no longer competitive. Instead he decided to pass forged papers, not once, but twice and somehow, in the eyes of certain parties, this practice is OK.

Maybe I should go down to the NYSRWB and sign Burke's name and transfer Sweet Lou into my name....heck, I'll put one in for Googoo Gaagaa too if all I need to do is sign for Rich! Come on, I'd be barred for life! But now the precedent has been set - anyone can obtain a horse, come up with a backwoods bill of sale and sign the previous owner's name on a USTA transfer to obtain "proper" ownership.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 01:50:50 PM »

How do we know the papers are "forged"?
BabyFireFly

« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:29 PM »

How do we know the papers are "forged"?

Because I am good friends with the previous owner and she did not sign them, that's how "we" know that they are forged.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 06:27:05 PM »

Because I am good friends with the previous owner and she did not sign them, that's how "we" know that they are forged.
Why didn't your friend just give the horse to someone?
Donate the horse.
If the care was the top concern of your friend as it is being portrayed, why the need to put the horse up for auction?
the exactorman

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 07:19:39 PM »

I didnt want to ask that same question because I would never want it be thought by anyone that I feel what this R guy did is acceptable. If it were me I would have found the horse a good home without exchanging money. Exchanging money should have been the clue that this guy would try to profit off it.
Only thing worse than this story, is if you donated the horse to this guy R or someone like him.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 07:19:55 PM »

Why didn't your friend just give the horse to someone?
Donate the horse.
If the care was the top concern of your friend as it is being portrayed, why the need to put the horse up for auction?

Seriously? Didn't bother to read the many threads on here that lay out the entire story of this horse, yet you are going to criticize everything that is posted for the follow up?

Actually...not only have you not read the previous posts on this topic (that have been going on since May, I believe) but you also could not have possibly read any of the current ones in their entirety either with that statement.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »

I just went back and searched the forum for the other threads on this topic, thinking that maybe I was mistaken and the whole story was contained in a totally separate thread...but really, all you need to do is click back to page one of THIS thread for Star's story.....Pg. 1 / Post # 1.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:56 AM »

Seriously? Didn't bother to read the many threads on here that lay out the entire story of this horse, yet you are going to criticize everything that is posted for the follow up?

Actually...not only have you not read the previous posts on this topic (that have been going on since May, I believe) but you also could not have possibly read any of the current ones in their entirety either with that statement.
Actually I did read the thread and saw your comments in between the slander and tomfoolery of other posters.
On another more reputable harness forum there seems to be different facts and a freind there of the horseman who now owns the horse.
There must be more thant we do not know.
I wasn't trying to cause trouble, just asked a few common sense questions that can seem to get lost in between pictures of animals on a highway.
My radar says that the USTA has seen nothing wrong here and things have proceeded as they have.
It reminds me of when my wife and I bought our first home.
The previous owner moved to a larger house right down the block.
He and his young son came into our house a month later after my wife had redecorated and painted the rooms a differnt color.
Both the man and his son were stunned.
The little boy asked the dad, "they changed the color of the walls daddy, can they do that?"
The man who also didn't seem to like the color dissapointingly said, "it's their house now, they can do what they want with it".
BabyFireFly

« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2012, 07:30:09 AM »

Of course you were trying to make trouble - the little comment about a "more reputable forum" just ices the cake. I have no idea what "other" forum you speak of and have only participated in conversation regarding this topic on Facebook and BTW. If the opposing party had something to contribute, we have been having active conversation HERE for months now...and I have yet to hear anyone besides our normal members HERE chime in - whether in support of or against the "side" originally presented. I do not have the time to continuously troll other forums to see if someone is commenting on posts HERE....nor do I have the desire to reply to said posts on other forums HERE.

You can make up any little quips or stories to compare this situation to, but the bottom line is, you could not possibly understand the events that have unfolded in regards to this horse if you asked why the woman auctioned the horse off and didn't find him a home. The first post states that the horse was originally placed "in an adoptive home" that's what we call "giving the horse to someone."

Please do me a favor and do not muddy things up with what some supposed person on another forum that I have nothing to do with has had to say. If you choose to form your opinions and speak for the "other side" based on what some mystery internet person has to say, please by all means do so on THAT forum.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #89 on: July 11, 2012, 07:43:05 AM »

And by the way Burton - let me make something 100% clear to you here. You want to take the "opposing side" and stand by Raber and his "internet posting friends" just to go against the side I happen to be on - that's your deal, your choice. But know this - the women who owned this horse are the sort of people I as a horsemen want in this sport. They put the animals first, they don't jeopardize the lives of participants by racing animals who are unfit, they either retire their horses to their farm or find them homes and they are WELL LIKED by the racing community. They are fair, honest, hard working people who work tirelessly towards making this sport a better business for both horsemen and the horses.

On the other side of the card, this trainer who you have decided to "back" has been convicted of cruelty to animals within the past two years. You want to stand up for him, first call the fire companies who assisted with the clean up in Warren County when the overloaded stock trailer he was driving spilled those calves and lambs into the roadway. Then contact Star's previous owner and have her tell you the horrific things he said he would do to the horse if she didn't drop her case. Have her show you the letters from his attorney demanding thousands of dollars in training bills , because if he OWNED the horse the previous owner would be responsible for THAT, right? So to continue on with your story about the house and the little boy....would it be fair if your wife repainted the house and put up new curtains and then CHARGED the previous owner? Would you have sent that man a bill for the redecoration? Because that is what happened here.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2012, 07:46:26 AM »

The other site that burton refers to is ITS....which in fact is another reputable site and is taking a stance polar opposite of yours based on the same set of facts.
That is all.
Reasonable people can differ when faced with same set of facts.

Have a nice day.  
BabyFireFly

« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2012, 07:52:16 AM »

The other site that burton refers to is ITS....which in fact is another reputable site and is taking a stance polar opposite of yours based on the same set of facts.
That is all.

Have a nice day. 

More reputable is what was said and I am not a member there nor do I read their site. I have no issue with other forums, I just don't have the time to read all of them.

Very seldom do you see me talking negatively about anyone else, no matter how nefarious, because I do only like to speak up on controversial topics if I actually know both sides. In this case I happen to know both sides.

It's perfectly fair for anyone else to take the polar opposite stance on this, but don't ask me to explain things stated on another site. If Lindsay Lohan tweeted what she had for breakfast, I couldn't tell you anything about it. Same goes for what is said on other harness racing sites.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »

That is all.

Have a nice day.  
BFF should read my posts.
I didn't take sides.
I asked some basic questions.

As for the other forum being more reputable, that's not even open for debate.
None of the BS, slander, pictures, addresses etc; are allowed there.
No wonder more harness folks post there.

We can have that discussion another day.

Please don't read between the lines on my posts.
I never took a side.
Good luck!
Reliable Synergy
Master Syner-ol-ogist

Working together is better then working alone!!!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2012, 10:15:48 AM »

Do you kill kittens?

BFF should read my posts.
I didn't take sides.
I asked some basic questions.

As for the other forum being more reputable, that's not even open for debate.
None of the BS, slander, pictures, addresses etc; are allowed there.
No wonder more harness folks post there.

We can have that discussion another day.

Please don't read between the lines on my posts.
I never took a side.
Good luck!

A cohesive group is more than the sum of its parts. 
The Gripper

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2012, 04:02:56 PM »

So what part of "the previous owner didn't want to nurse the horse back to health,therefore dumped the horse and is now pissed off because the horse made it back to the track, don't you understand?
And then, through utter jesalousy, the previous owner informs the USTA that said horse is to be used for "pleasure only",(after the horse makes it back)
Only 2 people know the true story yet people like Fuzz,BFF, and JJ condemn this man and continue to skew the facts to suit their own warped agenda.
Get a GRIP!
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2012, 04:59:00 PM »

The fact is its not jealousy as u the fact owner is duped then upset because she was told to race the horse would destroy the horse now the people that guaranteed her the horse would not be raced sale the horse to be raced then try to extort 6500 dollars out of her when she lets them know her concern is for the horse not being raced and the dangerous implications it would have on the horse and those racing against him , jealous now u are really reaching its a covert swindle with no regard to a horse or the integrity of racing

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
The Gripper

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2012, 05:49:57 PM »

The fact is its not jealousy as u the fact owner is duped then upset because she was told to race the horse would destroy the horse now the people that guaranteed her the horse would not be raced sale the horse to be raced then try to extort 6500 dollars out of her when she lets them know her concern is for the horse not being raced and the dangerous implications it would have on the horse and those racing against him , jealous now u are really reaching its a covert swindle with no regard to a horse or the integrity of racing
There are 2 sides to every story. Don't let the facts get in your way. You are putting much stock into 3rd hand information. The facts I presented are just as plausible as yours and BFF, probably even more so.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2012, 06:02:46 PM »

So what part of "the previous owner didn't want to nurse the horse back to health,therefore dumped the horse and is now pissed off because the horse made it back to the track, don't you understand?
And then, through utter jesalousy, the previous owner informs the USTA that said horse is to be used for "pleasure only",(after the horse makes it back)
Only 2 people know the true story yet people like Fuzz,BFF, and JJ condemn this man and continue to skew the facts to suit their own warped agenda.
Get a GRIP!

Where do forged papers fit into this world view?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
The Gripper

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2012, 06:08:32 PM »

Where do forged papers fit into this world view?
Have you seen a copy or maybe even the original forged papers?
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2012, 06:16:22 PM »

Have you seen a copy or maybe even the original forged papers?

No. I'm taking BFF's word that the original owner(s) claim they did not sign.

Have you seen them? Did the original owner(s) truly sign that appropriate line, or not?

And if there was no forgery, what was the story at Northfield about forged papers?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: