Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 02:41:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: * UPDATE * OHIO: Have you seen this horse?  (Read 19877 times)
BabyFireFly

« on: May 21, 2012, 05:08:14 AM »

Posted For A Fellow Horsemen:

Ohio Horsemen,

Please be on the lookout for this horse, "Four Starz Valley" aka "Star."

ID # 7C145
Color: Bay
Markings: Large Star with Faint Snip, Spot on Right Front Coronet and Heel, Dark Spots on Left Hind Coronet, Right Hind Coronet and Heel Are White.

Trotter - Foaled 06/08/2005

"Star" was retired from racing after moving from the East Coast to Cal-Ex after only two starts due to a fractured coffin bone. He was placed in a adoptive home as a pleasure horse and his owner retained his racing papers so he would not be able to race again. However, he was entered in a qualifying race at Northfield on April 26th of this year. He was then entered in the Blooded Horse Sale, but listed as "Out." His previous owners have had his status updated as "Pleasure Only" with the USTA to prevent this from happening again, but in the meantime are desperate to locate the horse and ensure he makes it to a forever home, instead of a feedlot. The horse is believed to be in the Sugar Creek, Ohio area with the trainer who qualified him. If you have any information, please PM me so I can forward it to his owner, who is working with the local authorities on locating him.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:20:30 PM by BabyFireFly » Report to moderator   Logged
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »

Please keep us posted on this, BFF.
Report to moderator   Logged
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:24:01 PM »

Somebody needs to STEP UP !

horse shoe

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:01 PM »

bump
brenastabl

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 09:20:39 PM »

Posted For A Fellow Horsemen:

Ohio Horsemen,

Please be on the lookout for this horse, "Four Starz Valley" aka "Star."

ID # 7C145
Color: Bay
Markings: Large Star with Faint Snip, Spot on Right Front Coronet and Heel, Dark Spots on Left Hind Coronet, Right Hind Coronet and Heel Are White.

Trotter - Foaled 06/08/2005

"Star" was retired from racing after moving from the East Coast to Cal-Ex after only two starts due to a fractured coffin bone. He was placed in a adoptive home as a pleasure horse and his owner retained his racing papers so he would not be able to race again. However, he was entered in a qualifying race at Northfield on April 26th of this year. He was then entered in the Blooded Horse Sale, but listed as "Out." His previous owners have had his status updated as "Pleasure Only" with the USTA to prevent this from happening again, but in the meantime are desperate to locate the horse and ensure he makes it to a forever home, instead of a feedlot. The horse is believed to be in the Sugar Creek, Ohio area with the trainer who qualified him. If you have any information, please PM me so I can forward it to his owner, who is working with the local authorities on locating him.

if this horse retained papers not to race again,how can he be entered in a race?Huh Northfield is liable at this point
BabyFireFly

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 04:20:54 AM »

Northfield told the trainer that has him that he cannot enter the horse anymore. The owner actually spoke to him personally and asked that the horse be turned over to a local rescue and his response was along the lines of "he will be pounding the pavement." Meaning, working as a road horse. He also threatened to sue her for training bills - on a horse that he entered to race in her name, without her persmission, and attempted to pass forged transfer papers on.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 05:08:29 AM »

I don't understand.
When the ownership  and the name of the trainer that entered the horse are only a couple clicks away (public information) why be so secretive about telling names?
If you would name the trainers name and location, people would better know where to look for the horse.
As long as you tell nothing ,but the truth, what harm is there in telling what is on The USTA official  Raceway Lite ?

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 05:45:04 AM »

I don't understand.
When the ownership  and the name of the trainer that entered the horse are only a couple clicks away (public information) why be so secretive about telling names?
If you would name the trainers name and location, people would better know where to look for the horse.
As long as you tell nothing ,but the truth, what harm is there in telling what is on The USTA official  Raceway Lite ?

That's exactly why I didn't feel the need to include that, it's easy enough to obtain. Marvin Raber is the trainer - he is either Amish himself or deals with them - I was told by a trainer friend of mine that he is, but I wasn't sure since he also drives in PM races, which I thought was a little funny if you are Amish and technically not supposed to directly participate in gambling.

As for how the horse went from CA to OH, is anyone's guess...there are dealers from OH that travel to North Cali and bring back truckloads of cheap horses for the big sales and lots in the Ohio area, it is assumed that this is what happened in this case.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 06:14:33 AM »

"Amished" horses are making up more and more of the racing population at Northfield. Rabers, Yoders, Beachy', and others collect numerous "discarded" horses and many of them show up racing at Northfield. I am not passing judgement that this is wrong if the horse is healthy enough to race at a lower lever. But clearly, some of what is occuring is not acceptable.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:26:13 AM »

That's exactly why I didn't feel the need to include that, it's easy enough to obtain. Marvin Raber is the trainer - he is either Amish himself or deals with them

Sugar Creek is heart of Amish country, is it not?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
BabyFireFly

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 11:59:42 AM »

Sugar Creek is heart of Amish country, is it not?

I'm not familiar with Ohio, but I believe that is correct. I know that the big auction out there is located in Sugar Creek and it is an Amish sale, like New Holland.

Some more background:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/08/26/ap/strange/main6808000.shtml

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2010/10/driver_in_interstate_80_wreck.html

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf?/base/news-3/1283227513293740.xml&coll=3
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »

I don't understand.
When the ownership  and the name of the trainer that entered the horse are only a couple clicks away (public information) why be so secretive about telling names?
As long as you tell nothing ,but the truth, what harm is there in telling what is on The USTA official  Raceway Lite ?
There was nothing secretive about the topic Juice Junkies started re: Raber !

dude
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:28:29 PM by BEAVER VAN PELT » Report to moderator   Logged

"NOBODY HAS W-2G NUMBERS LIKE ME... THUS, AN EXCLUSIVE INVITATION FROM TVG/BIG M TO COMPETE IN THE 2009/2010/2011 NHHC TOURNAMENT"; ALSO, ASK ME ABOUT REBATE$...
BEAVER VAN PELT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2012, 06:43:08 PM »

It should be noted that the horse raced in a Northfield qualifier, so obviously the registration papers were NOT checked (as they reside right with the Calif owner). Since the horse is officially registered in Calif and the owner DOES NOT have an Ohio Racing License, "Four Starz Valley" should NOT have been allowed to qualify. The owner caught it, not Northfield. Simply unacceptable !

horse shoe

BabyFireFly

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:50 PM »

It should be noted that the horse raced in a Northfield qualifier, so obviously the registration papers were NOT checked (as they reside right with the Calif owner). Since the horse is officially registered in Calif and the owner DOES NOT have an Ohio Racing License, "Four Starz Valley" should NOT have been allowed to qualify. The owner caught it, not Northfield. Simply unacceptable !

horse shoe

That's sort of how things work in general though, there would have been an issue the following week when he dropped the horse in the box to start in an actual race. I've qualified horses in other states where the owners did not obtain their licenses until the actual race day (they were allowed to qualify without it). In Northfield's defense they really had no way of knowing that the trainer was entering a horse that was not supposed to be racing....they don't call each and every owner and ask them "hey, is so and so supposed to be racing this horse?" They probably did all that they could (from a track's standpoint) by denying further entries. It is the commission and the USTA that need to step in since there are forged documents that were (attempted) to be passed.

Maybe "Looking In" can answer this question for me....
We have always kept retired horses in our name (retained their USTA papers) when they are rehomed as pleasure horses, to prevent them from ever being raced. I never sell them, they are basically a "free lease" with certain conditions (like you have to take proper care of the horse) in order to continue to have custody of the animal. Now, I was told the other day by a dealer that the USTA has changed this, by allowing a bill of sale to be used instead of the traditional transfer papers. Meaning, anyone can obtain a horse given away for retirement, run it through a sale and then have said horse put in their name with the USTA - therefore making that horse eligible to race again. Is this correct? If so, it certainly calls for people rehoming horses to rethink their adoption contracts.
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2012, 07:08:54 PM »

TY

This guy???  http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2010/10/driver_in_interstate_80_wreck.html

An estimated 80 sheep, goats and calves were killed Aug. 26 when Marvin Dale Raber, of Apple Creek, tried to change lanes and struck a guide rail, causing livestock to spill onto the highway. Authorities estimate 195 animals were packed into the 20-foot-long trailer.

JuiceJunkies

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »

This guy???  http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/express-times/index.ssf/2010/10/driver_in_interstate_80_wreck.html

An estimated 80 sheep, goats and calves were killed Aug. 26 when Marvin Dale Raber, of Apple Creek, tried to change lanes and struck a guide rail, causing livestock to spill onto the highway. Authorities estimate 195 animals were packed into the 20-foot-long trailer.

Animal cruelty, yet licensed to race horses...give me a break...

Grandstand Goof

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »

Now days a "bill of sale" is all you need to register a horse in your name..If a owner sells a horse without "papers" that does not mean the new buyer cannot race him/her..If the new owner can produce a "bill of sale" then the USTA will issue new "papers"..years ago you needed a notarized bill of sale or statement from owner that original registration papers where lost to get new ones. And if you could not get one then you could not race the horse in your name at all...In this case the problem would accure when horse was entered in a sale..The proceeds would go to last offical owner..If Raber could produce a "Bill of sale" then he could get new papers and either sell or race horse in his name..Doesn't matter if horse was listed as pleasure or whatever..

The California owner does  not need a owners license to qualify a horse in that state..But would need one to race..(Has until race day to obtain it.)..Most everything now days are done electronic and no real Paper is involed other than registration certificates..If Raber can produce a "Bill of sale" from a dealer or whoever he bought the horse from and it can be verified then he's off the hook..If not, the horse still belongs to the California owner and he's ***!..That simple
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 09:33:09 PM »

Now days a "bill of sale" is all you need to register a horse in your name..If a owner sells a horse without "papers" that does not mean the new buyer cannot race him/her..If the new owner can produce a "bill of sale" then the USTA will issue new "papers"..years ago you needed a notarized bill of sale or statement from owner that original registration papers where lost to get new ones. And if you could not get one then you could not race the horse in your name at all...In this case the problem would accure when horse was entered in a sale..The proceeds would go to last offical owner..If Raber could produce a "Bill of sale" then he could get new papers and either sell or race horse in his name..Doesn't matter if horse was listed as pleasure or whatever..

As I read The USTA on line rule book starting on page 70, I respectfully think you are wrong.
Please remember that now days many registrations are held paperless at The USTA.
I believe that these paperless registrations are the ones needing only an application for transfer.   page 75
But then again I am often wrong in my interpretation of what I read.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
Grandstand Goof

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 10:42:24 PM »

I could be wrong as well.

But I do believe that the Eligibility papers are now paperless and have been for quite a while..I thought the registrations were not..

But I could be wrong... dunno
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2012, 10:48:41 PM »

So the California owner gave the horse to Marvelous Marvin or too Yodeling Yoder who is an Amish and races horses. Now I do know one or two shippers out here that make very frequent trips. One makes them more frequent than the other that is based here.
The thing that piss me off, is this friking Marvin should never be aloud to race a horse anywhere animal cruelty is very serious.
With that many damn animals on the freeway bet you the sorry SON OF A BEACH has a puppy mill at home .
Marvin you have to be so damn inbred if you married your  cousin it would be an outcross. You common SOB.
Why in the hell would Wendy Wiener have a damn thing to do with a greedy ass Amish or ass sniffing shipper from Calexpo  brags to every one how he can squeeze a turd out of a Buffalo Nickle and sale it as fertilizer.Huh??
You know it really goes to show how shitty some of the people in horse racing are just plain common peace of shit that sure cause the demise of racing every where that kind of attitude. Its enough to make animal rights vote for  mandatory gelding for these POS so called human beings that have no thought or care about taking care of  any thing God has created.
The Damn horse is stolen period and the horse was obtained under fraudulent circumstances all should be prosecuted.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
BabyFireFly

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 04:05:37 AM »

GG and Looking In: I believe both Eligibility and Registration papers are both offered in paperless (I know Reg. for sure) but I havent done Elig. papers in a few years when we got one from Canada - I did them online, but not sure if the owner received actual papers in the mail or not.

So the question still remains, can anyone produce a bill of sale and have the horse transferred into their name via the USTA without the original owner's signature? I could see if it was a B.O.S. from original owner to new owner, but they would accecpt a B.O.S. from an auction? That would mean that anyone could drive onto my property, load up a horse, take it to the local auction and run it through, obtain the B.O.S. from the auction and then transfer the horse into their name with the USTA? Doesn't sound right.

Fuzzy: Wendi didn't sell the horse to the Amish, the people that "adopted" the horse as a pleasure horse did (or put it in a sale) without her knowledge. She thought that retaining the horse's registration papers with the USTA was enough to prevent this from happening...she has the hardcopy of the registration in her hands.

And I agree, if you are charged with animal cruelty, maybe you should be considered detrimental to the sport and not granted a license.

In this case I'm thinking Raber was just trying to get a qualifying line on the horse before the Blooded Horse Sale in an attempt to boost the sale price as a racehorse. Then when he found out that the owner was onto the fact that he was doing this, the horse was reported "Out" of the sale, knowing he did not have the proper paperwork....and according to the owner, he was attempting to pass paperwork with her (forged) signature.

So basically what is left to be done is to find the location of the horse, once that is obtained, the local authorities (with the ownership papers) can step in and act.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2012, 05:30:36 PM »

Got it fly thanks but we have to turn over every fricking stone and I know people know where this horse is and dont want to open their chickn sh@t mouth.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
BabyFireFly

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2012, 06:06:11 PM »

Got it fly thanks but we have to turn over every fricking stone and I know people know where this horse is and dont want to open their chickn sh@t mouth.

I think he knows that the heat is on him now and the fear is that he will try to dump the horse off as fast as possible. So the owner wants people to be on the lookout at all these little hole in the wall sales they have out there. I am not familiar with the area, so I am of little help. Just hoping one of the "good guys" sees this and can lend a hand....even if it is anonymous.

My email address is listed on my profile, as well as my FB link.
BabyFireFly

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

**** UPDATE ****

Marvin Raber had an attorney contact "Star's" owner this afternoon. He said that she had two choices, either sell the horse to him for the papers or she could buy HER horse back. The attorney threatened that either way, "THE HORSE WILL RACE".

cigar

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »

if the owner has the papers the trainer is screwed!!!!!!
all the purse money will go to the listed owner no matter what.

any attempt to take the purse money without consent by written owner is a crime, no matter what the lawyer says. lawyers try to throw their weight around but that crap dont work. The owner should call the police and report the horse as stolen property plain and simple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: