Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 22, 2014, 09:24:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Pena situation is exactly why every race horse should have its own PHR  (Read 1040 times)
Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »

I honestly don't work for the company. I have assisted them in the past by helping to bring in business because I used to be a shareholder (I daytrade now for a living-used to be a owner/trainer in MI) and I live near the company HQ's in LA, but I am not paid by the company nor do I go into the office everyday.  Being a former trainer and knowing what this company does, I thought it might be the perfect marriage.  I have gotten to know the CEO pretty well.  Super nice guy.  He is a guy worth many millions (hundreds of millions?) who lives in Bev Hills.  Used to be the ceo of smart talk.  In fact he and his wife were featured on the Bravo show Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis a couple of months ago in the episode "Charity Begins at Home".  Here is a link to that.

http://www.bravotv.com/interior-therapy-with-jeff-lewis/season-1/episode-2-charity-begins-at-home
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:36:57 PM by Threeflight1 » Report to moderator   Logged
Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 08:35:22 PM »

The key imo is what was said below.  This was written in an article that was posted in another thread here.  IF the ORC wants to go to all this trouble to find trainers doing things illegally too close to a race, then what MMR offers with its PHR is perfect for that.  And it would be 100 x cheaper and easier to get all the info they need, online in a PHR, rather than having to go through all the time, hassle, and expense of trying to match up a vet record with when the horse raced.

So here is the major problem should other leading trainers come under scrutiny - who will be left standing?

Thatís right. According to more than one trainer we spoke with, the arsenal of medications Penaís horses raced with are commonly used by pretty much all trainers in the sport and most likely among Thoroughbred conditioners as well. Despite the breadth of this inquiry and the uncovering of so much alleged wrongdoing, the harsh suspensions and fines are not related to positive tests. They are related to horses being medicated closer to post time than New York State rules allow.

The seizure of veterinary records and the clerical effort required to match those records with actual race dates, is essentially how this information came to light. It was a brilliant deduction by an as yet unnamed party to go after Pena, and anyone else, in uncovering such widespread rules violations. What New York has done and now must continue to do, is go after as many others as possible in the same manner they went after Pena. Anything short would just be proving Pena's case before it ever reaches a judge.

Letís face it, whatís brilliant about the way New York went about its business, is the relatively low cost and high results they attained by doing this. No expensive tests. No research into discovering unknown medications that are more than likely the cause for horses going faster for some trainers than others. This was an economical way of attacking a problem that clearly does exits in both standardbred and thoroughbred racing.
Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 08:48:58 PM »

So here is the major problem should other leading trainers come under scrutiny - who will be left standing?

those that put the horse first  and only them and that is what it is going to take to turn this hole entire demise of racing around.

I like your idea of a log as you mention but for those that cheat the horse they will find a way to cheat on the records  how many have gotten a bad check or a signature on a contract my point the signature isnt worth the powder to blow it to hell if a individual wants and is the type to find a way to cheat .In other words you cant get blood from a turnip.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 08:56:15 PM »

those that put the horse first  and only them and that is what it is going to take to turn this hole entire demise of racing around.

I like your idea of a log as you mention but for those that cheat the horse they will find a way to cheat on the records  how many have gotten a bad check or a signature on a contract my point the signature isnt worth the powder to blow it to hell if a individual wants and is the type to find a way to cheat .In other words you cant get blood from a turnip.

Well fuzzy I don't think this will get rid of ALL illegal drugs right away.  Maybe 75% of them.  But it will cut down drastically on the amount of work done to a horse that is in to go.  Make the vet upload all work done to the horse that day within lest say 12 hours, create the software so the work CANNOT BE  BACKDATED, and if the vet fails to upload the info within that 12 hour period, then give them a stepladder fine system that provides a little incentive for them to do so.

The other 25% of drug use?  Lets face it the prerace and post race testing is just going to have to get a lot better, and that is all there is to it.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 10:11:09 PM »

Well fuzzy I don't think this will get rid of ALL illegal drugs right away.  Maybe 75% of them.  But it will cut down drastically on the amount of work done to a horse that is in to go.  Make the vet upload all work done to the horse that day within lest say 12 hours, create the software so the work CANNOT BE  BACKDATED, and if the vet fails to upload the info within that 12 hour period, then give them a stepladder fine system that provides a little incentive for them to do so.

The other 25% of drug use?  Lets face it the prerace and post race testing is just going to have to get a lot better, and that is all there is to it.
I sure think you have the right idea and I for one would welcome it anything to improve our standards of our treatment of horses I am behind 100 per cent and any one who knows me knows  these are the things I push for most in this industry.

Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »

I sure think you have the right idea and I for one would welcome it anything to improve our standards of our treatment of horses I am behind 100 per cent and any one who knows me knows  these are the things I push for most in this industry.

Thank you.  I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this idea.  I will be contacting various racing authorities soon to present them with this idea.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

Thank you.  I will keep everyone updated on the progress of this idea.  I will be contacting various racing authorities soon to present them with this idea.
May I suggest sending your purposal to a member of our California Horse Racing Board.
her name is Ms Derek

Threeflight1

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »

May I suggest sending your purposal to a member of our California Horse Racing Board.
her name is Ms Derek

Thank you I will.  I am in the LA area (so is MMR) so that would work well.  MMR also has its CFO in the NY area, so if they ever need to present the idea to NY and NJ, that should be no problem.

Do you have contact info for Ms Derek?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: