Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 09:29:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another NJ EPO Positive  (Read 2073 times)
njhorseman

« on: May 18, 2006, 08:06:44 PM »

My reliable sources have told me about a second NJ EPO positive. Unlike the first,  it is not on a big time trainer, so you folks in Chicago will likely not recognize the name.

I will withhold the name until an official announcement is made, but remember...you heard it here first .  Wink
Report to moderator   Logged
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 10:03:37 PM »

S L L Huh
casemania

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:53:23 AM »

youll know in a week or two!! punishment wont be as bad as rucker though!! Wink
casemania

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 04:20:11 PM »

S L L Huh
CG Wink
njhorseman

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 04:23:59 PM »

CG Wink

Correct
theiman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »

NJ,

Any idea if the agreement Rucker signed with the Big M or NJ, was he the only one to have to sign one? Or did all horseman have to sign it too? Perhaps only horsemen with prior positives?

I only ask as if he was the only one, perhaps a lawyer can argue causes for discrimination of some sort. However, if all had to sign it Joe D's excuse of "state or frame of mind" wont matter. Either way I dont think state of mind in signing an agreement would be a good defense. That would cause anyone to attempt to escape from a business contract because of frame of mind? The courts would be flooded with these claims and it doesnt seem to hold any credible acid test.

If this was answered in a prior post I am sorry that I missed it. Alot going on out there.
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 08:26:14 PM »

NJ,

Any idea if the agreement Rucker signed with the Big M or NJ, was he the only one to have to sign one? Or did all horseman have to sign it too? Perhaps only horsemen with prior positives?

I only ask as if he was the only one, perhaps a lawyer can argue causes for discrimination of some sort. However, if all had to sign it Joe D's excuse of "state or frame of mind" wont matter. Either way I dont think state of mind in signing an agreement would be a good defense. That would cause anyone to attempt to escape from a business contract because of frame of mind? The courts would be flooded with these claims and it doesnt seem to hold any credible acid test.

If this was answered in a prior post I am sorry that I missed it. Alot going on out there.

I really don't know the exact nature of the agreement Rucker signed, or whether anyone else was made to sign something similar.

Every trainer racing at the Meadowlands has to sign an agreement to follow their rules, and to be subject to various detention barn requirements in the event of serious or repeated positive tests. I think we can be pretty certain that Rucker's record and reputation played a large role in his having to sign something more stringent.

Only time will tell whether the Big M's action will hold up in court (assuming Rucker will challenge it).
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »

Heard yesterday there's 5 more coming.
bettor2belucky

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2006, 04:44:23 PM »

I heard he was asked to sign it in 2005 because of the positives in Chi.. What I don't understand is why sign it and then use EPO knowing that they test for it?

Ego or Stupidity?

Bettor

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,is a government big enough to take away everything you have."  Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the President I can afford better." Barack Hussein Obama
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 07:02:21 PM »

I heard he was asked to sign it in 2005 because of the positives in Chi.. What I don't understand is why sign it and then use EPO knowing that they test for it?

Ego or Stupidity?

Bettor

My guess is he was using Aranesp, which generally doesn't cause a positive, but did in this horse.
ChargingHard

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 01:23:04 AM »

There's a test for aranesp in humans, its only a matter of time before they have for horses, if they haven't already.

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/48/11/2057

Read the last paragraph.
tonymfan

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 01:30:38 AM »

Ego or Stupidity?

Or miscalculation since the tests started only recently. Might have thought he could keep using it right up to some date in March then the antibodies would be gone by the time the tests were done. Or antibodies were still in the horse system since the old trainer. Wasn't there someone who signed on here and said he claimed a horse full of EPO off the former trainer last year?
njhorseman

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 10:53:34 AM »

There's a test for aranesp in humans, its only a matter of time before they have for horses, if they haven't already.

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/48/11/2057

Read the last paragraph.

Yes, I'm familiar with this article. It's a different type of testing than is done on horses.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 01:26:53 PM »

My guess is he was using Aranesp, which generally doesn't cause a positive, but did in this horse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided on a new penalty for a trainers use of illegal substances on their horses:

No detention
No time off
No penalty
No loss of purse to owner

However, the trainer shall be injected by a licensed physician with the same substance(s)
that were given to the horse in question.

"Kenny Rucker, please bend over for your Aranesp injection--your red blood cell count is
a little too low right now!
tarafarm

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 04:55:43 PM »

Here, here, Trotter 1!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: