Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 04:51:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eddie Razo  (Read 5467 times)
pony

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2012, 08:46:19 PM »

Easy there, O feisty one -- the veins in your neck are bulging. That's not good.

I know quite well that Long Grove is "well to do". Been there, worked there, shopped there, etc...but I don't care how "wealthy" you say they are -- it's a TINY place, and there is NFW they have a full-fledged, full-time, fully-certified Bomb and Arson Squad. I'd be shocked if they had just ONE FBI-Certified Bomb Technician; this isn't a "diss" of Long Grove -- it just doesn't make sense that they would spend that kind of money to retain such an expert: explosions in Long Grove? Before last week, how many explosions or bomb threats have they had in the last 10 years??  

Don't assume I "know nothing" about firefighting at all: my uncle is a retired Lieutenant of the Chicago Fire Dept., and my best friend is a former volunteer firefighter for a community near Merrionette Park, IL (now an EMT in Naperville) -- do you think I just made up what I wrote?

Even with my knowledge, I readily admitted that I didn't know the exact mix of what expertise the Long Grove FPD has -- maybe if you weren't so hellbent on writing a scorching reply, you would have slowed down a little, and read for comprehension.

Besides, one thing you wrote makes no sense: I have no doubt that the Long Grove FPD is taking this VERY seriously, but if they have all the "high tech equipment" you claim they have, then does Lake County have to get involved in the cause of the explosion (as was reported)?

When Naperville has an explosion, they either take care of it themselves or get the Feds involved if the situation warrants it, but they DON'T dump it on Will County.

I think you need to step back from the keyboard, have a cool drink, and go talk to Daddy the Fireman some more -- ask him what he knows about how the local, county, state and federal investigators cooperate under something called "comity of jurisdictions". Then you can come back and apologize for biting my head off.

Just Like my sister said. The explosion didn't kill him. I'm Not going to fight with some one that no facts ,and doesn't know what they are talking about!.My Nephew Is a LAKE COUNTY SHERIFF~Police officer~ So we do know what  is going on. Plus My dad was the Capt of the Long Grove fire dept. So we do know about fire,and how this is handled .SO for the family sake could you please. Just pray ,and not to fight. So the family can get over this. Thank You .
Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 09:34:33 PM »

I apologize for my tone in that post, pony, but I'm having a hard time deciphering what you write here -- like the post where you just started out of the blue with "she's my sister..."?

That didn't register with me in a thread titled "Eddie Razo": whose "sister", and who is "she"? Since it didn't make any sense (sorry, I'm usually a little better at figuring this stuff out), I just skipped it and moved on.  

Now, had I known you were a family member, I would have responded much more gently, or not at all.

I empathize with you and your family over the sudden and shocking loss of someone so young and so beloved, and I'm sure this is what is causing the misunderstanding and the misinterpretation of my comments. I really meant no harm, and nowhere did I say the explosion did this or that; I have no idea what you are objecting to.

So let's forget about that stuff. Please accept my deepest sympathies instead. As I wrote elsewhere, I gave your brother-in-law the highest praise he'd ever get from a horseplayer: Eddie ALWAYS rode hard, rode to win, gave me my money's worth every time I bet one of his horses...that's actually pretty rare these days.

I wish you all the entire Razo clan the best in these difficult and sad times. I wish you all peace.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:38:07 PM by HorseVoice » Report to moderator   Logged
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012, 02:32:06 AM »

Any news from anywhere as to what caused the fire?

Daily Herald? Followup?

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2012, 07:19:42 PM »

Any news from anywhere as to what caused the fire?

Daily Herald? Followup?

From what I have read from family members there was an explosion that didn't kill him but he was in the garage and was badly burned. 

Was he in the garage before or after the explosion?  Such a terrible accident. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2012, 11:56:16 AM »

Fire still being called "suspicious", but no one investigating it could be reached for comment.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120512/news/705129825/

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »

Still no word on fire cause? This is very unusual. Almost starting to feel like there's some sort of coverup.

glahn

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 02:40:35 PM »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:27:03 PM by glahn » Report to moderator   Logged
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 05:36:18 PM »

I don't see any reason in the world there would be a cover-up.  Come on, he is not a celebrity or politician.  Outside of the Chicago racing world nobody knows who he is or cares!
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2012, 05:45:17 PM »

I don't see any reason in the world there would be a cover-up.  Come on, he is not a celebrity or politician.  Outside of the Chicago racing world nobody knows who he is or cares!

These are all the same reasons I would give for the oddity of not giving any recent update on an investigation of a fire that was officially described by the Lake County Sheriff's Dept. as "suspicious". I mean really, when there's any other fire in the news, isn't there normally some followup in a couple of weeks (if not sooner) that says, "this was suspected arson", or "this was an electrical short", or "oily rags" or whatever?

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2012, 07:10:49 PM »

I would think there should be something out by now.  But on the other hand, why would they cover up anything?  Like the other poster said, he's not exactly a celebrity with big connections.
glahn

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:26:43 PM by glahn » Report to moderator   Logged
NIATROSS

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2012, 07:48:40 PM »

If Goober had not died recently the case probably would have been resolved by now.
glf01

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »

Here is the latest news about this tragic thing that happend. As his wife I will only speak the truth here. There is still an on going investigation. They will be sitting with all the lead detectives, coroners and fire marshalls soon.And soon as all tests to come back such as toxicology and samples taking from the building and such.That panel will sit and put this all togeher. I was told it would be anywhere from 4-6 weeks from that week of 4/24 All I know he did not suffer and did not consume any smoke in his throat, lungs or any CO2 in the blood. I loved my husband very much and his son is doing the best he can to coupe with his loss.With today's technology there has to be an answers out there some where and I hope it comes soon.
On May 22 we would have been married for 26 years. So I hope I answered some of your questions and set some things straight.
My husband never left for work without a smile on his face and a positive thought on his mind.He will be so greatly missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm looking to take in horses for layups and I want to get my trainers license. I will keep you all posted as the info comes in
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2012, 10:24:30 PM »

It was very kind of you to let his fans know what is going on.  I wish you and your family healing  from this terrible tragedy.as soon as you possibly can. 
honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2012, 10:56:46 PM »

Thank you for the update.

glf01

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »

Thank you all for all the positive things and the negitive things my son and I deserve an apology for. Lake County police, the coroner and fire marshall is going a full investigation. Right now things are up in the air and there was alot of positive thoughts in our our the morning of the accident. I just want people to stop being judge and jury in this case were even the officialls are still doing there job. My son and myself especially my son doesn't need to here the gossip about his mother being a killer. I loved my husband we have been together for 27 years and married for 26. So I would appriecate people stop running the mouths with out the facts. Our money situation in extremely tight and this only adds to the stress of it all. SO PLEASE TALKING JUST TO TALK UNTIL THE FACTS COME OUT MY HUSBAND NEVER HAD A BAD WORD ABOUT ANYONE OF YOU WHY ARE YOU STARTING NOW
Cablacinasian

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 06:51:49 AM »

I dont think that anyone here has implied that you killed your husband.  I think the stories I have read hinted at suicide.

I am sorry for your  loss and I know it is a very tough time for you and your son.   
UncleEddiesPal

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2012, 08:21:29 PM »

Any updates on this tragic death ? I havent seen anything on this
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »

There's a memorial fund being organized.  Donations can be directed to:

Eusebio Razo Memorial Trust Fund
c/o Dennis McWilliams