Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 03:46:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wiggins, Taylor Madison, and other things  (Read 1979 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« on: November 12, 2005, 07:20:33 PM »

Well sir. After a couple really bad races in graded company in other states, Wiggins came back to the home stomping grounds and handily won the High Alexander, proving that he truly belongs. In Illinois. Smiley

Taylor Madison what can you say. We were promised on this forum that horse was going to win and we could take it to the bank. It didn't. Needless to say, I am DEEPly disappointed in the prognosticator of that win.

I was a winner in the Pick 5 contest today. Woo hoo! A free $56.82 for me and 100 friends. Missed the perfect 5 of 5 in the circle by "that much" thanks to a very nice run by Meadow Bride daughter of former champion Bonita Meadow, nosing out Jaguar City. That Meadow Bride is a nice horse. Wouldn't mind owning her one bit.

Congratulations and thank you to all the connections of the Illinois breds that ran today, especially the winners, and especially the Denoun and Deverb folks who made it a good wagering day for me personally. It was a fun day of racing as a fan, even if a bit chalky. I appreciate your investment in the game.
Report to moderator   Logged
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 10:19:21 PM »

I personally would like to thank the connections of Knowwhatimean and Silver Bid for giving me my one winning race of the day.  How a horse who had 7 wins of 14 tries at the distance (with 5 more placings) goes off at those odds, I don't know.  But I'm grateful :-)
John Frank

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 12:22:18 PM »

Just what I wanted to see at that rotton biased track. 2 winners and a second from Fairmont Park. That's what I call class racing on one of there big days. Taylor broke last. Might have been different had Eddie stayed on and not switched to Moses.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 04:49:02 PM »

Just what I wanted to see at that rotton biased track. 2 winners and a second from Fairmont Park. That's what I call class racing on one of there big days.

The funniest thing was seeing those same Fairmount horses beat horses that had wins showing from Arlington. What does that tell you about Arlington class?

Denoun N Deverb - beat Bluesbdancing who had an open stakes win at Arlington this summer and Dharma Girl who won the state Isaac Murphy last year at Arlington. Another Fairmount horse came 3rd! Of course, by my handicapping Denoun and Deverb was the controlling if not only speed in the race so that's why I bet him to win and also made him my circle horse in the Pick 5. I don't consider him a "bias" winner because that's the way the race set up on paper.

Lovely Love - Is this what you are calling the 2nd? One race at Fairmount in a stakes of 4 races lifetime makes it a Fairmount horse? Despite being trained by Hazelton owned by Barnow and broke its maiden at Arlington? Beat 4 horses showing wins at Arlington including the highly touted but WOEfully underperforming Taylor Madison. The race wasn't exactly a wire job, but all the horses at the front at the wire were near the front during the running, and  the big favorite won. How strange of a 2yo 6f race to unfold like that at any track.

Knowwhatimean - I did not expect this one I admit it. Benefitted from a huge speed duel where both the speed bias and the golden rail mysteriously disappeared for the duration of one race and came flying from dead last to win. "They" say a closer horse can't win at Hawthorne but what do you know here one is right in the middle of this discussion! Beat kind of a suspect group of Illinois breds that had nearly all been right in the thick of things at Arlington during the summer.

Bonus FP winner Canyon de Oro in the 10th (n3x allowoance) - This one doesn't really count in the golden rail and speed bias discussion since it was a  turf race but let's see who he beat anyhow, shall we? Icanmove with an $18k claimer win at AP that's not so good. Gold Hornet a n1x win at Arlington this summer. Echota a $25k clm win at AP. El Condor minor placing at $50k level this summer at AP. Marion's Man winner and minor placings at AP this summer. Spider the Glider state n1x winner at Arlington. Le Jester 2nd at $35k claimer level at AP. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say there was really only 2-1/2 legitimate n3x level turf horses in this race to begin with, Gold Hornet, the winner Canyon de Oro, and MAYBE Le Jester (2nd place) though his numbers were a bit low. The rest were either not turf horses or proven failures at the level, all probably only in the race because "it was there, and the purse was $34k". Pretty weak field.
EasyScore

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2005, 04:57:12 PM »

Terry, I thought the track played extremely fair yesterday.   As we get into colder weather, hopefully the speed bias will not be as great. 
Horse Voice

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2005, 05:40:11 PM »

I thought the track played extremely fair yesterday.

Or, the same as it's been for the last few weeks, when you were insultingly insisting otherwise, EasyScore. Objective review of race results works wonders, don't it? Embarrassed
EasyScore

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2005, 06:41:46 PM »

Pleeeze, give me a break, discussion over, you think Hawthorne does not have a rail and speed bias, thank you for your opinion, I have my own.   Discussion over.  Go argue with a wall, you may get an echo that sounds convincing to you.
Horse Voice

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »

thank you for your opinion, I have my own.   Discussion over.

Riiiight -- and you were so sure that your opinion was correct that you went and changed your Forum name...the Internet equivalent of hiding behing Mommy's skirt!

Weak sauce, EasyScore. Good luck with your "opinion".
EasyScore

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2005, 08:07:39 PM »

zzzzzzzzzz 
Mel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2005, 10:16:15 AM »

Congratulations and thank you to all the connections of the Illinois breds that ran today, especially the winners, and especially the Denoun and Deverb...

Did the jockey make the weight on Denoun and Deverb?  Kudos to the Hawthorne handicapper for assigning good weights in this race.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2005, 12:33:58 PM »

Did the jockey make the weight on Denoun and Deverb?  Kudos to the Hawthorne handicapper for assigning good weights in this race.

No. +4. There were quite a few overweights on the day.

At least one trainer said that one certain jockey (not Kurek) was having trouble controlling a horse because he was weak from reducing so hard to meet some of the the weights that were assigned for these races. Would not be surprised if more than one jockey had a little reducing weakness that day.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2005, 05:12:54 PM »

knowwhatimeans poor break was a blessing in disguise for the horse with the speed battle that took shape. i have to say the biggest disappointment of that race was just see james. the best horse in there in my opinion and he was poorly ridden(the chart comment doesnt do him justice at all). hes recieved a couple bad rides this year. as ive said before randys a really nice guy and has accomplished alot but he just doesnt fit this horse, if you put a guy like chris emigh up a rider whos a little more patient and a little more proficient from off the pace this horse is extremely dangerous and probaly dominant in the local division. in his 1st start of the year how many months off the bench he beat the likes of silver bid(whos still a nice horse but past his hayday) and the"mighty" wiggins! also im as a big of a humor at last fan as there is if he even has any kind of following lol but the price on him in that race was ridiculous tackling older foes like that and the way the pace looked to shape up on paper
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: