Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 11:45:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BETTER TO LET 20 CRIMINALS WALK FREE THAN CONVICT 1 INNOCENT PERSON...  (Read 1097 times)
john

Ignore
« on: May 18, 2006, 04:15:39 PM »

ANY COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC. THIS IS MR. DAKURAS QUOTE FROM THE RUCKER TOPIC.
Report to moderator   Logged
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 04:42:40 PM »

Actually, I think the original quote was "It's better to let 20 guilty people walk than to execute one innocent person."

Same principle, but a far different finality.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 04:48:57 PM »

In the hallowed halls of jurisprudence, I've heard this motto as "better to let 100 men free rather than convict 1 innocent person.  at least Joe D. is giving you lynchmob types better odds - LOL.   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 05:08:58 PM »

John:

That motto is not so “far out” after all, is it?  You and EW can learn a little from the BTW forum.  Actually, my criminal law professor says its better to let 1000 criminals walk, than execute 1 innocent man. 

Bottom line:  the Criminal Justice system does not want to execute a single person that might be innocent, thus the saying of allowing a specific amount of guilty criminals freedom, versus the execution of one innocent man.

Let me ask you this John. What if you were that innocent man sitting on death row?  Would you feel differently about the system then?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 05:11:06 PM »

John:

That motto is not so “far out” after all, is it?  You and EW can learn a little from the BTW forum.  Actually, my criminal law professor says its better to let 1000 criminals walk, than execute 1 innocent man. 

Bottom line:  the Criminal Justice system does not want to execute a single person that might be innocent, thus the saying of allowing a specific amount of guilty criminals freedom, versus the execution of one innocent man.

Let me ask you this John. What if you were that innocent man sitting on death row?  Would you feel differently about the system then?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

ASK DR. RICHARD "BRETH" KIMBALL - HE KNOWS - LOL   trotter TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 05:53:05 PM »

ASK DR. RICHARD "BRETH" KIMBALL - HE KNOWS - LOL   trotter TC

Thats funny TC because so many one armed men running around BTW forum. Doping people horses with M99 putting syringes in tack box doing other crimes that sets up all inocent posters of this forum. ha ha ha!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:54:44 PM »

Thats funny TC because so many one armed men running around BTW forum. Doping people horses with M99 putting syringes in tack box doing other crimes that sets up all inocent posters of this forum. ha ha ha!
See, I knew you had a sense of humor.   trotter  TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »

See, I knew you had a sense of humor.   trotter  TC

Why I read this forum. laughs all day.
FreeLegged

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:49:28 PM »

these words were said approx a week before he provided a list of 4 or 5 people who he hoped would
"die of aids and/or cancer".

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 07:56:48 PM »

these words were said approx a week before he provided a list of 4 or 5 people who he hoped would

I hope you do Mr. Troll.  LOL 

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
FreeLegged

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 08:00:30 PM »

JDakuras

Re: BETTER TO LET 20 CRIMINALS WALK FREE THAN CONVICT 1 INNOCENT PERSON...
« Reply #9 on: Today at 07:56:48 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: FreeLegged on Today at 07:49:28 PM

I hope you do Mr. Troll.  LOL 

Pure class.
john

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 08:01:59 PM »

I'd rather be the innocent man sitting on death row. I can go to bed knowing I'm innocent. I could care less what others thought. The 1000 criminals walking will affect the lives of others.

I definitely think your conservative thinking sucks !!!!!!!!!!!

There are far too many guilty people walking free nowadays
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 08:07:03 PM »

I'd rather be the innocent man sitting on death row. I can go to bed knowing I'm innocent. I could care less what others thought. The 1000 criminals walking will affect the lives of others.

I definitely think your conservative thinking sucks !!!!!!!!!!!

There are far too many guilty people walking free nowadays

John:

So, that is your opinion and I respect you for it.  Whatever the case may be, we see things differently.

You think my way of thinking sucks and I feel the same about yours.  Now what?  LOL Is there something that I am supposed to know out of all this?  What would you like me to say next? 

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
john

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 08:28:08 PM »

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WAS GUILTY AND GOT OFF ?
WHERE YOU EVER GUILTY OF A CRIME THAT WAS PUNISHABLE BY JAIL ? AND GOT SUPERVISION?
WHAT IS THE POINT OF PLEA BARGAINING?
DO YOU TELL YOUR KIDS OR OTHERS THAT DONT WORRY THE JAILS ARE FILLED SO YOU CANT GO TO JAIL FOR THAT CRIME ?
OR, YOUR A FIRST TIME OFFENDER SO THEY WILL GO VERY LENIENT ON YOU EVEN THOUGHT YOU KNEW YOU WERE A PIECE OF SHIT FOR COMMITTING THIS CRIME.
EVERY PERSON WHO KNOWS A GOOD LAWYER PAYS AN AMOUNT AN GETS COURT SUPERVISION FOR SPEEDING, WHILE THE POOR PEOPLE WHO CANT AFFORD A LAWYER PAY $150 FOR THERE TICKET.
ARE YOU PART OF A CLUB OF LAWYERS WHO GET THER CLIENTS OFF WHILE THE PEOPLE WHO CANT THOSE LAWYERS PAY DEARLY FOR THE SAME CRIME.

MR. DAKURAS I KNOW THE REALITIES OF LAW. I HAVE PLENTY OF FRIENDS WHO TELL ME THE STORIES. IVE BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES.
YOU MUST BE AT THE TAIL END OF CLASSES AND BECOMING ONE, BECAUSE YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ONE.

I HOPE YOU DONT PUKE EVERY DAY YOU GO TO COURT TO KNOW YOU CANT BEAT THE OTHER LAWYER OUT BECAUSE THE OTHER LAWYER IS TOO POWERFUL AND IS PART OF THE CLUB

YOU ARE NAIVE !!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 08:57:41 PM »

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT WAS GUILTY AND GOT OFF ?
WHERE YOU EVER GUILTY OF A CRIME THAT WAS PUNISHABLE BY JAIL ? AND GOT SUPERVISION?
WHAT IS THE POINT OF PLEA BARGAINING?
DO YOU TELL YOUR KIDS OR OTHERS THAT DONT WORRY THE JAILS ARE FILLED SO YOU CANT GO TO JAIL FOR THAT CRIME ?
OR, YOUR A FIRST TIME OFFENDER SO THEY WILL GO VERY LENIENT ON YOU EVEN THOUGHT YOU KNEW YOU WERE A PIECE OF SHIT FOR COMMITTING THIS CRIME.
EVERY PERSON WHO KNOWS A GOOD LAWYER PAYS AN AMOUNT AN GETS COURT SUPERVISION FOR SPEEDING, WHILE THE POOR PEOPLE WHO CANT AFFORD A LAWYER PAY $150 FOR THERE TICKET.
ARE YOU PART OF A CLUB OF LAWYERS WHO GET THER CLIENTS OFF WHILE THE PEOPLE WHO CANT THOSE LAWYERS PAY DEARLY FOR THE SAME CRIME.

MR. DAKURAS I KNOW THE REALITIES OF LAW. I HAVE PLENTY OF FRIENDS WHO TELL ME THE STORIES. IVE BEEN AROUND THE BLOCK A FEW TIMES.
YOU MUST BE AT THE TAIL END OF CLASSES AND BECOMING ONE, BECAUSE YOU SOUND JUST LIKE ONE.

I HOPE YOU DONT PUKE EVERY DAY YOU GO TO COURT TO KNOW YOU CANT BEAT THE OTHER LAWYER OUT BECAUSE THE OTHER LAWYER IS TOO POWERFUL AND IS PART OF THE CLUB

YOU ARE NAIVE !!!!

John:

I've got a ways to go yet until I’m finish and able to practice.  As far as beating the other Attorney out of a client, please understand one thing.  Unfortunately, crime happens everyday in this country.  It isn't slowing down anytime soon.  There are plenty of clients that will need representation. 

I have no idea of the elite club you speak of regarding Criminal Defense Attorney's.  As I said, we can debate and debate and debate, you're not going to change my mind or position and I’m not going to change yours either.

We can agree to disagree and you will hold you beliefs close to your heart and I’ll do the same while I do something that I love to do.  One element that you have left out as far as a Defense Attorney goes is this.  If a Defense attorney helps a client to avoid jail and a stiff sentence, maybe he can point that guy back on the right road to become a productive part of society. 

Another motto in the Criminal Justice system I'm sure you'll like is this;  "Go to jail bad, come out worse."  It absolutely the truth.  Jail does not solve anything except make people more violent.  That is a fact my friend.  We need to be a more forgiving society and offer the offender a chance at rehabilitation to make a better life for himself.  Doesn't that make more sense than the "throw em in jail and lock em up" mentality?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: [1]   Go Up