Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 03:27:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meadowlands Bars Rucker Stable  (Read 3534 times)
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »

Dear Group:

It's my theory that you always will get caught sooner or later.

Look at the gangesters at Enron.  They should all serve hard time.

That means jail.

Look at our famous governor George Ryan who left off all the murders on death row.

Welcome home George. maroon

It shows a good example that you can't continually abuse the system and think you will pocket the money at someone else's expense and think that you will get away with it.

You do the crime now do the time.

There was a prior posting about John Leahey doing hard time.  John Leahey thinks long hours about his bad deeds.

You enjoy the benefits of cheating, stealing and being a bad guy, now when you get caught don't try to get religion real quick. It doesn't work. Remember the spots on the leopard don't change.

Kenneth J. Chadwick
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:26:31 PM by Kenneth J. Chadwick » Report to moderator   Logged

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
john

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2006, 02:30:09 PM »

I WILL NEVER EDIT MY COMMENTS FROM ABOVE
Report to moderator   Logged
race track phil

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2006, 02:31:59 PM »

to joe dakuras and ew,

Did you ever hear, the boy who cried wolf !!!
Screw the legal system, it sucks. EW is absolutely right.
Joe, go f*** your legal system.
Heres my dealing with the legal system. A man had 9 DUI's in 3 different states and decided to go 100 mph for his 10th DUI and kill my brother.
The judges all suck, the lawyers are the real crininals along with this piece a shit that did it.
TO SUM IT ALL UP, MR. RUCKER HAS A LENGTHY RECORD WITH THE ARCI.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. FIND A DIFFERENT JOB IF YOU CANT COMPETE ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD. EDWARD WILLIAM, AS USUAL YOU ARE CORRECT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, AS MR. DAKURAS POINTS OUT, BUT MORALLY AND ETHICALLY.
***** THE MORAL AND ETHIC COURT SYSTEM IS GOVERNED BY THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE JUDGES OR *** LAWYERS. ******

JOHN !       GREAT POST !          RTP
nelly

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

John,

I could not agree with you more about our so called justice system!!!!  Joe D. since you seem to paint defenses attorneys as the greatest human beings on earth explain why they do not take pro bono cases for the poor and defend them just as they would their wealthy clientell!!!  Our current system is all about
how much money you have not if you were innocent or guilty!!!!  Rucker should have never signed that agreement and now he will suffer the consequences!!!!!! The New Jersey racing officials should be applauded for not putting up with the chemists any longer!!!!  Illinois racing officials please follow this excellent lead and start showing cheaters the door!!!!!!  Last but not least thanks to Paul for keeping us in the know regarding this situation!!!!!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2006, 02:49:18 PM »

to joe dakuras and ew,

Did you ever hear, the boy who cried wolf !!!
Screw the legal system, it sucks. EW is absolutely right.
Joe, go f*** your legal system.
Heres my dealing with the legal system. A man had 9 DUI's in 3 different states and decided to go 100 mph for his 10th DUI and kill my brother.
The judges all suck, the lawyers are the real crininals along with this piece a shit that did it.
TO SUM IT ALL UP, MR. RUCKER HAS A LENGTHY RECORD WITH THE ARCI.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. FIND A DIFFERENT JOB IF YOU CANT COMPETE ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD. EDWARD WILLIAM, AS USUAL YOU ARE CORRECT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, AS MR. DAKURAS POINTS OUT, BUT MORALLY AND ETHICALLY.
***** THE MORAL AND ETHIC COURT SYSTEM IS GOVERNED BY THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE JUDGES OR *** LAWYERS. ******

John S.

Now hold up a minute.  We have already discussed numerous times about the unfortunate way the justice system failed with regard to your brother’s untimely death.  I want to express my sincerest condolence to you and your family.  I am quite ashamed and embarrassed about the way the Criminal Justice System let your family down and allowed a criminal to escape justice.  With that said, errors and flaws are present within the system and they do happen.  

John, in criminal law we have a saying..."better to let twenty criminals walk free than convict one innocent person.  Truer words were never spoken.  I don't know if you had a chance to read the story I posted to EW earlier today, but an innocent man almost lost his life because of the flaws of our justice system.  It's not a perfect system and I don't claim it to be...but it's all we have.  Until something better comes along, we can only make the best of it and try to limit the errors.

I catch hell everyday from my fellow students, friends, and family members, especially my wife, for my devotion and passion to practice Criminal Law.  What I try to tell them is that my feelings are the same as theirs in a sense that I do not want a society full of criminals.  I just want to make sure that the criminal’s rights are respected and they receive due process all the way through the entire Criminal Justice process.  If I represent somebody that is accused of a crime, I am obligated to fight for him or her and represent him or her competently and to the best of my ability, period.  I’m not concerned if they committed an illegal act or not.  What I am concerned with is that since they have decided to retain my service that I provide them with the best representation as I possibly can and get them off with the lightest sentence possible.  Whatever decision is rendered, that is what I have to respect.  At the end of the day, if I know that I did my job well, I will be able to lay my head on my pillow and sleep comfortably.

John, please don't feel that the Judge's and Attorney's all suck because that is a silly statement.  John you are talking out of anger when you say this and I do sympathize with you over the loss of your brother.  I know you are upset with the system and rightfully so, but you have to have faith.  You of all people are one of the most positive people I have ever met.  I know that it’s tough to lose a loved one to somebody that has no regard for human life.  A criminal that is irresponsible and decides to drive a vehicle while under the influence cannot be the fault of a Judge or Attorney.  Please, change your perspective about Criminal Defense Attorney’s because they have a tough job to do and must be both, psychologically and emotionally fit to be able to perform well.  

I agree with you that the moral and ethic courts are governed by society, but unfortunately, those people cannot enforce the laws of the land.  We live in a democracy and are governed by a justice system...sometimes it works to a "T" and other times, not so well.  All I am saying is give Mr. Rucker his due process and let him have his day in court.  Whatever the court decides lets respect that decision and progress forward.  I am not concerned about somebody’s past because if the IRB did not punish Rucker accordingly at the time of the alleged infractions, they certainly should not now.  That is called "ex post facto" of law, which is Latin for, if there is no law, there is no violation.  You can't change the rules in the middle of the game and that is what a lot of you guys want to do.  If he is guilty, punish him accordingly, but for Christ sake; grant him his due process, will you?

I want to make it perfectly clear that I have no opinion on whether or not Rucker is guilty of these allegations.  My only concern is just like everyone else before him, Rucker deserves to have his day in court, in front of a judge.  I'll respect that decision when it is rendered. In the meantime, give the man his rights, allow him the opportunity to present his best defense in a court of law, and lets see what is the court decides.  Fair enough?

And please, lay of the offensive remarks about Criminal Defense Attorney's, they're only doing their job.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras  

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 02:55:11 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
nelly

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2006, 03:02:07 PM »

Joe D.

Please explain Ruckers due process to me!!!  Here is how I see it: He signed an agreement that if he ever had a positive test for certain substances (EPO was one of them) he would face certain consequences!!!
Perry Mason would not be able to get him out of this one!!!!!!  He signed his own walking papers!!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2006, 03:07:16 PM »

Burton, as long as we're friends, I had no idea of the hidden message of your favorite horse.  Now that the veneer off of the "Teflon Trainer" is eroding, Deliver the Goods must have been named after the entire operation at that crooked barn, no ?  Who knew that Deliver the Goods was code for how that barn got so successful, rather than just a made up moniker.  Some chutzpah by that owner/trainer, huh ?   Wink   trotter  TC
john

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »

NO, THE POLICE ARE TRYING TO DO THERE JOBS. THE LAWYERS AND JUDGES ARE SCREWING UP THE WORLD.
WHY BE A POLICE OFFICER IN THIS WORLD. YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY SMALL MISTAKE YOU MAKE. MOST OF THE TIME YOU LOSE YOUR JOB.
AS FAR AS BEING A CRIMINAL ITS WONDERFUL. CHEAT, RAPE, DO DRUGS, SELL DRUGS, MOLEST PEOPLE, ETC ETC ETC. THEN PLEA BARGAIN AND GET AWAY WITH IT.
JOE, I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH YOU, AND *** 90% OF ALL LAWYERS.
THERE IS ALWAYS THE 10% THAT DO THINGS RIGHT. IN THIS CASE, I FEEL 90% OF ALL LAWYERS SUCK, I WILL NOT EDIT THIS. I WILL ALSO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE SYSTEM SUCKS. ONE MISTAKE BY AN OFFICER YOUR FIRED. 10 MISTAKES BY A CRIMINAL AND YOU ARE STILL A FREE MAN TO *** UP PEOPLES LIVES.
YOU CAN BLABBER AND DEFEND THE LEGAL SYSTEM ALL YOU WANT, YOU BELIEVE IN IT AND I DONT. END OF STORY.

P.S., BY THE WAY I DONT NEED YOUR CONDOLENSCES ON MY BROTHER, I NEED MY BROTHER BACK. YOUR SYSTEM THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HAS FAILED ME. NO SYMPATHIES OR CONDOLENSCES CAN CHANGE THAT. ONLY A CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM THAT YOU BELIEVE IN CAN CHANGE THAT !!!!!  
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »

John, in criminal law we have a saying..."better to let twenty criminals walk free than convict one innocent person."

With all due respect, Joe -- this may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  If this quote forms the rally cry of your potential future profession, then -- by the way I think, all my thoughts about most defense attorneys being scum are spot on.  If all else fails, at least you erased any doubts I may have had.

It's all about the $$.  The criminal defense lobby blocks so much positive legislation in Washington, it's incredible.  I spent a summer in DC, working to get a prelude to Jessica's Law passed -- and those bastards did nothing but block, block, block.  Why wouldn't they want a minimum sentence for a convicted child rapist?  They wanted that latitude to make those fat fees negotiating pleas.  Bull.  That's what I say.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
john

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 03:12:23 PM »

MY REPLY WAS TO JOE. IT SEEMS THE TIME I STARTED MY POST TIL I FINISHED IT THERE WERE OTHERS POSTING ON THIS TOPIC.

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 03:16:40 PM »

Joe D.

Please explain Ruckers due process to me!!!  Here is how I see it: He signed an agreement that if he ever had a positive test for certain substances (EPO was one of them) he would face certain consequences!!!
Perry Mason would not be able to get him out of this one!!!!!!  He signed his own walking papers!!!!!

Nelly:

Are you saying that Rucker does not have due process afforded to him?  Is that what you are contending?  Do you know Mr. Rucker's psychological frame of mind when he signed the document?  Do you know if he signed under duress of any kind?  Do you know if he even was aware of what he was signing (everything explained to him)? Do you know if Rucker fully understood what he was signing and the document was clear and concise?  Was Rucker able to make competent decisions at the time he signed the document or was he suffering from some type of psychosis or mental disorder?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions and I'm quite sure that you don't either.  We can't assume anything and therefore I look forward to seeing what Rucker's defense will be.  Believe me of one thing,  Rucker does have due process and if you think this is a slam-dunk case, you had better guess again.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras  

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 03:31:03 PM »

Believe me of one thing,  Rucker does have due process and if you think this is a slam-dunk case, you had better guess again.

I surely wouldn't change places with him.

Technically those are viable questions.  But, in all honesty, I don't care about his psychological state.  All he had to do was not get another damn positive.  Not asking much.

Best,
EW

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

NO, THE POLICE ARE TRYING TO DO THERE JOBS. THE LAWYERS AND JUDGES ARE SCREWING UP THE WORLD.
WHY BE A POLICE OFFICER IN THIS WORLD. YOU ARE LIABLE FOR ANY SMALL MISTAKE YOU MAKE. MOST OF THE TIME YOU LOSE YOUR JOB.
AS FAR AS BEING A CRIMINAL ITS WONDERFUL. CHEAT, RAPE, DO DRUGS, SELL DRUGS, MOLEST PEOPLE, ETC ETC ETC. THEN PLEA BARGAIN AND GET AWAY WITH IT.
JOE, I WILL NEVER AGREE WITH YOU, AND f*** 90% OF ALL LAWYERS.
THERE IS ALWAYS THE 10% THAT DO THINGS RIGHT. IN THIS CASE, I FEEL 90% OF ALL LAWYERS SUCK, I WILL NOT EDIT THIS. I WILL ALSO LET YOU KNOW THAT THE SYSTEM SUCKS. ONE MISTAKE BY AN OFFICER YOUR FIRED. 10 MISTAKES BY A CRIMINAL AND YOU ARE STILL A FREE MAN TO f*** UP PEOPLES LIVES.
YOU CAN BLABBER AND DEFEND THE LEGAL SYSTEM ALL YOU WANT, YOU BELIEVE IN IT AND I DONT. END OF STORY.

P.S., BY THE WAY I DONT NEED YOUR CONDOLENSCES ON MY BROTHER, I NEED MY BROTHER BACK. YOUR SYSTEM THAT YOU BELIEVE IN HAS FAILED ME. NO SYMPATHIES OR CONDOLENSCES CAN CHANGE THAT. ONLY A CHANGE IN THE SYSTEM THAT YOU BELIEVE IN CAN CHANGE THAT !!!!!  
John:

Why all the anger at me?  Yeah, the police do their jobs real well...like in the Rodney King beating, or by deceiving a suspect under questioning to get a forced confession that the person did not do.  Don't tell me about cops in this world because I'll name case after case of Police deception that will make your head spin.  

Now you know damn well that most criminals are punished accordingly.  By the way, some of those drug dealers and rapists are none other than Police officers themselves.  Don't patronize the Police because they are just as corrupt as the system you speak of.  

Plea Bargaining is part of the system.  If a criminal wishes to plead guilty to a crime for a lesser sentence, what should we do, kill them?  

If you want to F### ninety percent of Attorney's, who am I to change your mind?  I can only tell you of my experiences and how I feel.  All of you guys will say F### all Attorney’s and that nonsense until you or a family members ass is in the "hot seat", then it suddenly changes your opinion of Defense Attorney's.

I am not blabbing about any legal system.  If you don't believe in it, then fine.  Maybe you should just say leave Rucker alone and let him keep racing horses because you have no faith in the Civil or Criminal Justice Legal System, right?

I have never asked you to edit your posts because I like to hear what others have to say.  The only way to make something better is to hear feedback about it and how it affected that person.  You hate the system and think 90% of Attorneys and Judge's suck.  Okay fine, next point?

Since you do not want my condolences on the passing of your brother so I'll retract my statement, if that makes you feel better.  With all due respect, you say, “I need my brother back and don't need condolences from a failed system.”  Then you say, “a change in the system would fix that,” right?  How would a change in the system bring back your brother?  I give up!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 03:42:51 PM »

With all due respect, Joe -- this may be the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  If this quote forms the rally cry of your potential future profession, then -- by the way I think, all my thoughts about most defense attorneys being scum are spot on.  If all else fails, at least you erased any doubts I may have had.

It's all about the $$.  The criminal defense lobby blocks so much positive legislation in Washington, it's incredible.  I spent a summer in DC, working to get a prelude to Jessica's Law passed -- and those bastards did nothing but block, block, block.  Why wouldn't they want a minimum sentence for a convicted child rapist?  They wanted that latitude to make those fat fees negotiating pleas.  Bull.  That's what I say.

Best,
EW
EW, seeing that you took the LSAT, you should know that that motto in question is the rallying cry of many defense attorneys.  EVERYONE ACCUSED OF A CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY AND/OR INDICTED OF SAID CRIME IS ENTITLED TO A DEFENSE.  Gacy, Dahmer, Speck, Lizzie Borden, OJ, Robert Blake - each and every one of them.  Just because you and I think that person "A" is guilty as sin, they are entitled to a trail by a jury of their peers.  The only way good defense advocates can look themselves in the mirror defending people they may not even care for is to believe in the system and fight passionately for every client, no matter the horrendous the charges they face.  John Q. Public shows mostly disdain for lawyers - up until they find need for one.

If John S. were to shoot his brother's slayer on the courthouse steps after being let go, I'd justify it in my ethical "eye for an eye" mind, but I do know we can't paint the courthouse steps red with the blood of the freed.  John S. would need a good lawyer then, if for no reason other than to argue diminished capacity and temporary insanity.  Otherwise, he's spending a long spell as a guest of the state without any doubt.  Joe D. is honing his sense of honor that he'll need if he becomes a defense attorney.  I expect no less from him.  If you, RTP, or John S. can't see that, it's OK.  It will be Joe D. that has to believe in the system, regardless of which side of the aisle he ends up on in the courtroom.   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 03:51:22 PM »

EW, seeing that you took the LSAT, you should know that that motto in question is the rallying cry of many defense attorneys.  EVERYONE ACCUSED OF A CRIME IN THIS COUNTRY AND/OR INDICTED OF SAID CRIME IS ENTITLED TO A DEFENSE.  Gacy, Dahmer, Speck, Lizzie Borden, OJ, Robert Blake - each and every one of them.  Just because you and I think that person "A" is guilty as sin, they are entitled to a trail by a jury of their peers.  The only way good defense advocates can look themselves in the mirror defending people they may not even care for is to believe in the system and fight passionately for every client, no matter the horrendous the charges they face.  John Q. Public shows mostly disdain for lawyers - up until they find need for one.

If John S. were to shoot his brother's slayer on the courthouse steps after being let go, I'd justify it in my ethical "eye for an eye" mind, but I do know we can't paint the courthouse steps red with the blood of the freed.  John S. would need a good lawyer then, if for no reason other than to argue diminished capacity and temporary insanity.  Otherwise, he's spending a long spell as a guest of the state without any doubt.  Joe D. is honing his sense of honor that he'll need if he becomes a defense attorney.  I expect no less from him.  If you, RTP, or John S. can't see that, it's OK.  It will be Joe D. that has to believe in the system, regardless of which side of the aisle he ends up on in the courtroom.   trotter  TC

I'm not going to argue that accused folks shouldn't have a defense!  But, saying that you'd rather have twenty guilty parties on the street rather than make one mistake?  That's wildly radical.

Bottom line: I'm old fashioned on this front, and Joe is waiting for his ACLU membership card to come in the mail.  There's no reason in even discussing it, because we are sitting in completely opposite places on these things.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 03:52:53 PM »

I'm not going to argue that accused folks shouldn't have a defense!  But, saying that you'd rather have twenty guilty parties on the street rather than make one mistake?  That's wildly radical.

Bottom line: I'm old fashioned on this front, and Joe is waiting for his ACLU membership card to come in the mail.  There's no reason in even discussing it, because we are sitting in completely opposite places on these things.

Best,
EW
Spoken like a true collar county Republican - no harm in it though.   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 03:58:57 PM »

Best,
EW

EW:

With all due respect--you don't have to suck up to John to make a point.  If the twenty criminals free theory disturbs you, then maybe you should not get involved in the Justice system?  You are free to form whatever opinion you wish about Defense Attorney's, just as I am able to view Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Salesmen or Commodity Brokers and Traders as real scumbags.  Thank you for validating that for me.

Personally, I believe you will have difficulty with any career within the Justice System because of your mental inability to keep an open mind.  One of the biggest things that help to become successful in any facet of law is the ability to keep an open mind, something that you have shown that you are not capable of.

I have no opinion in your allegations of money controlling the system.  If you think that way-I certainly can't change your opinion.  I too have visited Georgetown University in D.C. and happen to disagree with your assessment of our Judicial Branch of Government.  Plea bargains are part of the system so get used to it, or in your case, don't get used to them because anyone who plea-bargains is scum.

You have a lot to learn and I wish you well.  Now that we know that John and you think 90% of Judge's and Attorney's suck, tell me what type of law you are going to practice EW?  I hope it’s not anything that requires court appearances because you think that all Judges’ are scum.

Now that John and you have made it clear about how you feel with regard to the system, Defense Attorney’s and Judges, and how they are the worst people on the face of the earth, is there anything else that you would like me to know about that profession?

Just like I told John, yeah- I agree, 90% of all Judges and Criminal Defense Attorney's suck and are crooks…that is until your ass needs one.  Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 04:13:35 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 04:07:09 PM »

...  You are free to form whatever opinion you wish about Defense Attorney's, just as I am able to view Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Salesmen or Commodity Brokers and Traders as real scumbags....

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe, you'll not get much of a fight from me on your list of scumbags, having had close contact with or having been a part of all three.  What about 3rd rate bald harness announcers though ?  They seem to be the low of the low on the profession poll, no ?    maroon  rat  thumbs down  LOL   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2006, 05:34:40 PM »

EW:

With all due respect--you don't have to suck up to John to make a point.  If the twenty criminals free theory disturbs you, then maybe you should not get involved in the Justice system?  You are free to form whatever opinion you wish about Defense Attorney's, just as I am able to view Mortgage Brokers, Insurance Salesmen or Commodity Brokers and Traders as real scumbags.  Thank you for validating that for me.

Personally, I believe you will have difficulty with any career within the Justice System because of your mental inability to keep an open mind.  One of the biggest things that help to become successful in any facet of law is the ability to keep an open mind, something that you have shown that you are not capable of.

I have no opinion in your allegations of money controlling the system.  If you think that way-I certainly can't change your opinion.  I too have visited Georgetown University in D.C. and happen to disagree with your assessment of our Judicial Branch of Government.  Plea bargains are part of the system so get used to it, or in your case, don't get used to them because anyone who plea-bargains is scum.

You have a lot to learn and I wish you well.  Now that we know that John and you think 90% of Judge's and Attorney's suck, tell me what type of law you are going to practice EW?  I hope it’s not anything that requires court appearances because you think that all Judges’ are scum.

Now that John and you have made it clear about how you feel with regard to the system, Defense Attorney’s and Judges, and how they are the worst people on the face of the earth, is there anything else that you would like me to know about that profession?

Just like I told John, yeah- I agree, 90% of all Judges and Criminal Defense Attorney's suck and are crooks…that is until your ass needs one.  Have a great day.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe,

I understand what you are saying, and I "understand" your point.  In theory, your "saying" is great -- because, of course, I don't want to see anyone innocent become a prisoner.  At the same time, however, I cannot morally believe that one mistake is worth letting 1,000, 100, or even 20 crmiinals walk the street.

Maybe I'm completely wrong -- but that's just not right.  No process is at all perfect, and on the whole, I have faith in our system.  It's your "hypothetical" saying that I have a problem with...and the fact that you might possibly believe it.  Would you honestly let 1,000 murderers walk the street if it meant one person wasn't falsely charged?  If so, we just differ.  I'm pragmatic.  I want general improvement for the whole -- and the benefit of a 1,000 criminals off the street far exceeds the sorrow of one person wrongly convicted.

My interest lies in tax and business law.  I have no interest in dealing with criminal cases -- the "gray" line of morals in those cases becomes so razor thin that it just doesn't interest me.

By the way, I'm not sucking up to John at all.  I like John, but if you noticed, my argument was stated well before he chimed in...although, I do completely agree.  If you are on DUI #9, you should be rotting in a cell, doing hard labor, or be buried in the ground.  Personally, I hope the fact that he killed someone rots on that ***'s conscience every single day -- because he's a piece of crap.

Although I don't have a direct problem with the Judical branch, the lobbying actions of defense attorneys on the Hill are reprehensible in many cases.  They surely aren't lobbying for justice -- let me tell you that.

Best,
EW

And, yes, TC -- I'm a collar county conservative.  Proud of it too.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 05:55:16 PM »

Hey ladies and gentlemen, The Meadowlands is tossing him AND saying he signed an agreement as a condition of his license. For them to say at this early juncture, you had better believe;  one, State Attorneys wrote it. Dont forget, The Meadowlands is state owned and two the agreement is written very well and favors The Meadowlands.

On face value from just what the statement says, it appears Mr. Rucker better hope the test was not done properly and can get it thrown out cause he is screwed if he is going to hang his hat on getting the agreement thrown out.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

The answer to a government thats too big is to stop feeding its growth. - President Ronald W. Reagan
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 05:57:31 PM »

Joe,

I understand what you are saying, and I "understand" your point.  In theory, your "saying" is great -- because, of course, I don't want to see anyone innocent become a prisoner.  At the same time, however, I cannot morally believe that one mistake is worth letting 1,000, 100, or even 20 crmiinals walk the street.

Maybe I'm completely wrong -- but that's just not right.  No process is at all perfect, and on the whole, I have faith in our system.  It's your "hypothetical" saying that I have a problem with...and the fact that you might possibly believe it.  Would you honestly let 1,000 murderers walk the street if it meant one person wasn't falsely charged?  If so, we just differ.  I'm pragmatic.  I want general improvement for the whole -- and the benefit of a 1,000 criminals off the street far exceeds the sorrow of one person wrongly convicted.

My interest lies in tax and business law.  I have no interest in dealing with criminal cases -- the "gray" line of morals in those cases becomes so razor thin that it just doesn't interest me.

By the way, I'm not sucking up to John at all.  I like John, but if you noticed, my argument was stated well before he chimed in...although, I do completely agree.  If you are on DUI #9, you should be rotting in a cell, doing hard labor, or be buried in the ground.  Personally, I hope the fact that he killed someone rots on that ***'s conscience every single day -- because he's a piece of crap.

Although I don't have a direct problem with the Judical branch, the lobbying actions of defense attorneys on the Hill are reprehensible in many cases.  They surely aren't lobbying for justice -- let me tell you that.

Best,
EW

And, yes, TC -- I'm a collar county conservative.  Proud of it too.

EW:

Point well accepted and we are not as far apart as you think in terms of criminal law.  I've said a thousand times over, (to my wife especially) that I do not want criminals walking about in society.  Do you think that I don't realize that there is a chance that they could harm someone I know or love?  Of course I realize it.  

I have entertained other areas of law and thought about family or tax but I have to be honest; two of my professors keep urging me to practice criminal law.  I think it’s because of my debate/mock trial strength of stepping right up to the gray area of law without crossing it.  All they ever tell me is that I have a gift for Criminal Defense Law and that is my calling.  

EW, I can understand that you don't agree with the 20 walk free theory, but what if you were that poor SOB awaiting execution knowing damn well that you did not do it?  What if?  By the way, most people that do not fully understand Criminal Law feel the same as John and yourself so I am in the minority on that one.  But if you want to practice Criminal Law with any degree of success, you block that kind of stuff out of your mind and have a goal of doing the best you can for the Criminal that you represent.  It's your job to make sure that the criminal receives as lenient of a sentence as possible.  If you are lucky enough to find a clerical error or some sort of legal loophole you may be able to get the accused free from all charges.  I keep having to explain to my wife that it is not my business to know if a client committed an illegal act or broke the law, only to represent them and try to put them back on the road to a more productive life, through a soft sentence or rehabilitation of some kind.

As in John's case, it's an unfortunate situation and clear case of injustice.  Should we deny that mistakes don't happen or do we try to learn from them and make things better?  How do you know that the guy with 9 DUI's does not have some kind of mental disorder or drinking problem?  Should we lock him away forever or try to rehabilitate him into becoming a productive part of society?  So the man has an alcohol problem, he deserves to be rehabilitated like everyone else, no?  That is all I am saying.

Our justice system in the country does not operate on the "eye for an eye" theory.  Is the system perfect, no, far from it?  But it’s all we have and we're obligated to make it better and fair for everyone...even the accused.  End of story.

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 06:05:26 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »

Hot off the presses. The Big M will not allow Rucker trainees to race there effective 5/24. They say they have an enforceable agreement signed by Rucker, which allows the track to bar him in the event of certain positives, including EPO.

Let's hope this holds up in court!!!

Here's the press release:

May 18, 2006

RUCKER STABLE BARRED FOR EPO POSITIVE

The Meadowlands will not accept entries from trainer Ken Rucker,
effective with the draw on May 19 for the races on May 24.
    All horses trained by Rucker that are scheduled to compete at
the Meadowlands on May 19, 20 and 21 will be required to race out of a
detention barn, reporting at 11 p.m. the night prior to their races with
the exception of Friday when his horses will have a 12 noon deadline.
    The event triggering the actions against Rucker was a positive
for the performance enhancer EPO [Erythropoietin] for the horse Highland
Pride A, who won the eighth race on April 30, 2006 at the Meadowlands.
    "The Meadowlands has what it believes to be an enforceable
agreement with Mr. Rucker that is explicit in outlining steps we can
take in the event of specific positive tests," said Meadowlands Vice
President for Racing Operations Chris McErlean.  "This most recent
positive test triggered those provisions, and we intend to follow
through on the agreement."
    The New Jersey Racing Commission issued a ruling on May 11, 2006
which said that "as a result of a blood test which indicated that the
horse was positive for elevated titers of anti-recombinant human EPO
antibody" the horse Highland Pride A was placed on the Steward's List.
The horse will be prohibited from racing until re-testing results are
"determined to be negative with the antibody test."
    This was the first positive since the New Jersey Racing
Commission began testing for EPO in March of this year.
    Rucker, 41, from Beecher, Illinois, is currently leading the
trainer standings at the Meadowlands with 68 wins and nearly $1.5
million in purses won.  He did not appeal the New Jersey Racing
Commission test results.
    In late December of 2005, Rucker signed an agreement with the
Meadowlands by which he accepted procedures which would be enforced,
including the denial of his entries, should he have a positive test for
specified medications, including EPO.

All I have to say is that it's about time. Also, what took them so long, and it looks like they want no part of the Chicago trainers out east.

Can you blame them? I wonder what the great race secrertary Doc Narotsky thinks about Rucker and Ledford's integrity. OH, that's right he told people he feels Ledford is innocent. Now he can go around and tell people Rucker is innocent too.

The next thing we need to hear is that the IRB is going to enforce the stewards ruling on the 6 gout positives. What the IRB should do is overturn the ruling and give him an additional 3 years for all the past positives that the " Teflon Trainer " got away with. Then again Rucker is probably laughing at them all thinking to himself " I'M THE TEFLON TRAINER AND I'LL GET OUT OF THIS JAM TOO ". 
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 07:08:08 PM »

ken deserved a bar and got a bar now he can sit at the bar and talk abut the screwup he did by cheeting.ill send enricky over to drink carvesas with him so hes not lonelee.mabee they both can go to laranes and get hoochie dances for free.enricky is doing all the hard work with paco gone for the hole thoroobreed meets in indiana.i looked for dona to say hi but she mustnt get to barn earlee enugh so ill go back after noon one day when sleepie heads and boozers show up lol.i bught some baked goods from them and sge didnt now it was me so i guess she didnt asl doug or val.truth
john

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 07:15:39 PM »

Joe D. to answer your comment about 90% of lawyers suck until you need one.
The lawyer in my brothers defense told me to plea bargain and get the 10 of 14 years maximum. Great lawyer !! I needed one and he didnt want to work, just plea bargain. The defense the scumbag was timing the lights at 100 mph and wasnt trying to kill someone.
Heres what I said, If he walks away guilty, god will judge him. I didnt accept a plea bargain. he got the maximum. To all lawyers who are scumbags and trainers and to all scumbags, "your day will come to be judged by someone higher"
I hope you all pass the test.

By the way Joe, I have no anger towards you. I actually think your awesome, you know that. You are a person that you can have a great debate with. You are also a person who has changed his life from what you said was a not so good Joe. You havent killed anyone and you are recovering from past mistakes. I admire the transformation you are undergoing. BUT, YOU BECOME A LAWYER WHO GETS PEOPLE YOU KNOW OFF ON A TECHNICALITY OR SOME SMART ASSED QUIRK IN THE LAW, i HOPE TO GOD THEY DONT AFFECT ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS.

TO TURN THE TABLE MR. DAKURAS, "WHAT IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR WIFE WITH 9 DUI'S AND GETS OFF INNOCENT ON A TECHNICALITY. ARE YOU STILL GOING TO STICK TO YOUR BELIEFS ?
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2006, 07:42:08 PM »

Joe D. to answer your comment about 90% of lawyers suck until you need one.
The lawyer in my brothers defense told me to plea bargain and get the 10 of 14 years maximum. Great lawyer !! I needed one and he didnt want to work, just plea bargain. The defense the scumbag was timing the lights at 100 mph and wasnt trying to kill someone.
Heres what I said, If he walks away guilty, god will judge him. I didnt accept a plea bargain. he got the maximum. To all lawyers who are scumbags and trainers and to all scumbags, "your day will come to be judged by someone higher"
I hope you all pass the test.

By the way Joe, I have no anger towards you. I actually think your awesome, you know that. You are a person that you can have a great debate with. You are also a person who has changed his life from what you said was a not so good Joe. You havent killed anyone and you are recovering from past mistakes. I admire the transformation you are undergoing. BUT, YOU BECOME A LAWYER WHO GETS PEOPLE YOU KNOW OFF ON A TECHNICALITY OR SOME SMART ASSED QUIRK IN THE LAW, i HOPE TO GOD THEY DONT AFFECT ONE OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS.

TO TURN THE TABLE MR. DAKURAS, "WHAT IF SOMEONE KILLS YOUR WIFE WITH 9 DUI'S AND GETS OFF INNOCENT ON A TECHNICALITY. ARE YOU STILL GOING TO STICK TO YOUR BELIEFS ?
John:

To be 100% truthful in answering your question, if a drunk driver killed my wife, I would probably recluse myself from future DUI cases, but would still practice Criminal Defense Law. 

John, you and I both know that there are bad apples in every facet of life.  You seem to be taking the job that Defense Attorney's do very personal.  Remember one thing, a judge or defense attorney did not kill your brother...some ***hole drunk driver who was irresponsible did. 

My beliefs are my beliefs and I hate to say this but in my previous mock trial at school last week, I just got a guy off of his third DUI. It was a very interesting case but there were plenty of police screw-ups and my client was passed out at the scene when the cops arrived.   The police could not give him a breathalyzer or field sobriety test because he was rushed to the hospital.  Furthermore, the hospital made a major mistake by not taking blood while he was there.  My defense to the whole episode was that my client had a seizure of some sort and passed out behind the wheel.  NOT GUILTY.  I let the state put their case on along with all of their witnesses and so fourth without a single objection, when my time came, I made one statement to the judge and asked for a directed finding.  It was all over, NOT GUILTY.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I do not condone criminal behavior in any form, nor do I think its okay. Your point about the almighty judging us in the end is well received.  On the flip side of things John, if I agree to represent a child molester, should I do a shitty job so the guy gets sent to prison because I think he is a bad person?  It's not for me to judge people, only put on the best game face that I can to give them their money's worth of good and competent representation.

I understand what you are saying, but I have a job to do and it just so happens to be a Criminal Defense Attorney.  The greatest thing about that is if there ever comes a day when I think along the same lines as EW and you, I can recluse myself from any case or not accept a case because I don't feel comfortable representing the person.  Just my opinion and I hope you understand my position.  There is nothing wrong with exposing the gray area of law, just don't overstep it.  That's my thoughts.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up