Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 08:23:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Meadowlands Bars Rucker Stable  (Read 3481 times)
njhorseman

« on: May 18, 2006, 12:13:05 PM »

Hot off the presses. The Big M will not allow Rucker trainees to race there effective 5/24. They say they have an enforceable agreement signed by Rucker, which allows the track to bar him in the event of certain positives, including EPO.

Let's hope this holds up in court!!!

Here's the press release:

May 18, 2006

RUCKER STABLE BARRED FOR EPO POSITIVE

The Meadowlands will not accept entries from trainer Ken Rucker,
effective with the draw on May 19 for the races on May 24.
    All horses trained by Rucker that are scheduled to compete at
the Meadowlands on May 19, 20 and 21 will be required to race out of a
detention barn, reporting at 11 p.m. the night prior to their races with
the exception of Friday when his horses will have a 12 noon deadline.
    The event triggering the actions against Rucker was a positive
for the performance enhancer EPO [Erythropoietin] for the horse Highland
Pride A, who won the eighth race on April 30, 2006 at the Meadowlands.
    "The Meadowlands has what it believes to be an enforceable
agreement with Mr. Rucker that is explicit in outlining steps we can
take in the event of specific positive tests," said Meadowlands Vice
President for Racing Operations Chris McErlean.  "This most recent
positive test triggered those provisions, and we intend to follow
through on the agreement."
    The New Jersey Racing Commission issued a ruling on May 11, 2006
which said that "as a result of a blood test which indicated that the
horse was positive for elevated titers of anti-recombinant human EPO
antibody" the horse Highland Pride A was placed on the Steward's List.
The horse will be prohibited from racing until re-testing results are
"determined to be negative with the antibody test."
    This was the first positive since the New Jersey Racing
Commission began testing for EPO in March of this year.
    Rucker, 41, from Beecher, Illinois, is currently leading the
trainer standings at the Meadowlands with 68 wins and nearly $1.5
million in purses won.  He did not appeal the New Jersey Racing
Commission test results.
    In late December of 2005, Rucker signed an agreement with the
Meadowlands by which he accepted procedures which would be enforced,
including the denial of his entries, should he have a positive test for
specified medications, including EPO.
Report to moderator   Logged
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 12:21:17 PM »

Paul:

Wow, were you right on top of this or what?  I wonder what Burton will say now. Will the IRB ban him as well or will they allow Paul Stafford to train as they currently have?

Where is Johnny Cochran when you need him?  LOL I can see the attorney's phone lines ringing off the hook.  I recommend that Rucker hire himself competent counsel and let a judge decide.  I can't wait to follow a case like this through the legal system.  It should be very interesting, to say the least.

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 12:29:16 PM »

Let's hope this holds up in court!!!

Says it all.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 12:32:40 PM »

Lets see if the TEFLON trainer wiggles out of this. 

Also lets see if other states honor this.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 12:36:38 PM »

Says it all.

Best,
EW

EW:

Not so fast.  Prove him guilty first and then let it hold up in court.  Racing Commissions and boards can be very discriminatory when it comes to somebody they do not like.  If it holds up in court and a judge decides, then and only then will I say the Rucker is guilty.  Let's give him the opportunity to plead his case first before we jump the gun.

EW, you should know better than anyone as a student of law that "innocent until proven guilty."  Let’s hope that Rucker retains competent counsel and follow the case throughout the judicial process.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 12:39:16 PM »

Illinois will let him bring them here. John Eddy will say it was enviromental contamination. Some bird flew over. We have an open door policy here just for Ruck.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 12:44:25 PM »

EW:

Not so fast.  Prove him guilty first and then let it hold up in court.  Racing Commissions and boards can be very discriminatory when it comes to somebody they do not like.  If it holds up in court and a judge decides, then and only then will I say the Rucker is guilty.  Let's give him the opportunity to plead his case first before we jump the gun.

EW, you should know better than anyone as a student of law that "innocent until proven guilty."  Let’s hope that Rucker retains competent counsel and follow the case throughout the judicial process.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

He's had THREE suspensions of 180 days.  So many positives I couldn't add them all up on the ARCI report.

I don't want to hear about any of this nonsense.  Even if he's "innocent" here, I would prefer to never see him listed again.

Best,
EW
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 12:46:07 PM by edwardwilliam » Report to moderator   Logged

John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 12:45:14 PM »

Illinois will let him bring them here. John Eddy will say it was enviromental contamination. Some bird flew over. We have an open door policy here just for Ruck.

Hobbit:

I don't think that the IRB will allow him or Paul Stafford to train here any longer.  The Big M ruling should be honored everywhere.  If the IRB allows Rucker trained horses to race here then I want to speak with Mr. Jesk about retaining counsel for what he had to go through last month.  

Also, if Rucker is allowed to race/train back here, the IRB had better keep that door open for the Ledford’s, or there will be HUGE legal problems.  Just my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
brenda

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 12:55:19 PM »

Joe
  I also wouldn't care if he ever raced here again. The IRB seems to have a track record policy on him. However they never did anything here about EL until Jersey did. It shall be interesting to see what happens but somehow everything does slide right off of him here. I dont think they will be able to stop Stafford from going on the merry way.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 12:59:30 PM »

He's had THREE suspensions of 180 days.  So many positives I couldn't add them all up on the ARCI report.

I don't want to hear about any of this nonsense.  Even if he's "innocent" here, I would prefer to never see him listed again.

Best,
EW

EW:

You just edited your post before I had the chance to respond.  Your original post said the Rucker should be strung up.  May I remind you that a competent defense attorney would NEVER speak like that?  

I hope to God that if you are going to practice criminal law, that you keep an open mind and remember that its not an attorney's job to say if a client is guilty or not, its to represent him or her to the best of your ability.  It does not sound as if a Criminal Defense Attorney is your cup of tea at this time.  Good luck whatever you decide but please keep an open mind.  The Criminal Justice System is filled with flaws and we don't need overzealous people complicating matters worse.

PS- I'm glad you retracted that statement about Rucker being "strung up."  Not a very good choice of words for a law student, unless of course you are looking to become a prosecutor.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 01:01:41 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 01:02:14 PM »

Your mean they really "GOUT" him this time???
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 01:03:58 PM »

EW:

You just edited your post before I had the chance to respond.  Your original post said the Rucker should be strung up.  May I remind you that a competent defense attorney would speak like that? 

I hope to god that if you are going to practice criminal law, that you keep an open mind and remember that its not an attorney's job to say if a client is guilty or not, its to represent him or her to the best of your ability.  It does not sound as if a Criminal Defense Attorney is your cup of tea at this time.  Good luck whatever you decide but please keep an open mind.  The Criminal Justice System is filled with flaws and we don't need overzealous people complicating matters worse.

PS- I'm glad you retracted that statement about Rucker being "strung up."  Not a very good choice of words for a law student, unless of course you are looking to become a prosecutor.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

I believe what I said -- it just didn't really capture the point I was trying to make, so I changed it.

If you are guilty of something in the past, and you get out of it -- and proceed to be found guilty of the same offense later when you didn't do it...is it cause for a riot...or is it justice?

And, no, Joe -- I have NO interest at all in criminal law.  I've made my opinions regarding that profession well known in the past.  I believe too much in "justice" for that.

Best,
EW

off stride

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 01:06:56 PM »

Your mean they really "GOUT" him this time???
no 'gout' about it
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 01:25:38 PM »

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This does not look good.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
off stride

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 01:30:21 PM »

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

This does not look good.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

on the contrary mr chadwick...this looks great..getting the major cheats out..cant be a bad thing
TC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 01:31:12 PM »

Fellas, I bear Ken no personal ill will, but in the business world, sometimes enough is enough.  The barn is a "chronic abuser" of the racing rules, and as EW astutely pointed out, his ARCI report reads like Dillinger's FBI report.  The system, no matter how flawed, skewed, or biased, can only stand so much abuse.  I don't want to see the guy go to jail, lose his home, family, or earthly possessions; I just want to see justice served.  Anyone with half a brain knows that barn was not playing within the rules.  If personal feelings enter into it at all, I'd have to admit it galled me to see him saunter up to the tellers and play all those "magic $100 TRI wheels", time after nauseating time.  It was a slap in the face to all players and horsemen alike, letting him profit in an exorbitant way on top of possibly unfairly winning due to using performance enhancing and illegal drugs.  Furthermore, this isn't the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd offense in less than 10 years.  Try piling up 2 DUIs in less than 10 years and see if you'll have a DL when you leave court.

Lastly, I thank NJ horseman for the news.  He was on the ball as usual and outscooped everybody.  Perhaps in some small part, the pressure on that barn put on by BTW helped someone get off of their arses and render a ruling, putting a temporary end to all of that barn's shenanigans.   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 01:31:25 PM »

I believe what I said -- it just didn't really capture the point I was trying to make, so I changed it.

If you are guilty of something in the past, and you get out of it -- and proceed to be found guilty of the same offense later when you didn't do it...is it cause for a riot...or is it justice?

And, no, Joe -- I have NO interest at all in criminal law.  I've made my opinions regarding that profession well known in the past.  I believe too much in "justice" for that.

Best,
EW

EW:

If you believe in your original post that Rucker should be "strung up," then possibly any career in the legal system might not be for you since you are unable to keep an open mind.  

I guess your line of thinking is that since Rodney King was guilty of something in the past, yet was somehow able to get away with it, well, then he probably deserved to be brutally beaten by the L.A. Police officers on the night in question, correct?  Maybe you consider that justice, however, it's NOT.

It's unfortunate that you have formed such a negative opinion about Criminal Defense Attorney's.  It sounds like you believe Criminal Defense Attorney's are not concerned with justice...another wrong assumption.  It takes a special talent to be able to represent criminals accordingly, and not every one can do it.  

You need to reassess your evaluation of Criminal Defense Attorney's because it’s a tough and mentally challenging job, but somebody has to do it.

I'm not trying to change your mind or get off topic but I do feel compelled to share this story with you.  Twelve years ago in Nevada one of my best friends who is now a Judge, was representing a client that was facing the death penalty for a triple homicide.  It was a long, stressful, tedious trial and my friend was able to get the guy off on a legal technicality.  There were write-ups in all of the local Las Vegas newspapers and what not.  I attended this trial from day one and remember that when the jury announced the not guilty verdict, the judge remarked to my friend, something to the tune of, "well, I hope you're happy, there is another criminal that you just allowed to escape the punishments of justice."  My friend never said a word because the Judge was pissed off.  Some three years later, a guy that was sitting in a Nevada prison confessed to the crime.  The prosecutor or Judge never thanked my friend for the job he did, furthermore, they did not want him to know about the confession of the other guy.  That is how our justice system works.  In this case, a man could have lost his life for a crime that he never committed.  Let that be a lesson to you to never judge without allowing the accused the right to proceed through the criminal justice system.  That is my story for today.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras  

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
dt2

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

Joe

You must be smoking crack!!!

Prove Rucker guilty?HuhHuhHuhHuh??

I know you are in Law school, but please!! There has never been anyone, in the history of our sport there has never been a bigger lowlife,cheating piece of shit!!!!!!

Come on already, Exactly how many honest hard working horsemen have been forced out over the years by him using any  hard narcotic HE COULD GET HIS HANDS on to make them go forward???
BUT, ONLY WHEN HE IS GAMBLING!

I commend the meadowlands, at least they are trying to stop crooks like Rucker from doing anymore harm to our sport.

silent one

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »

Hmmm, first Ledford, now Rucker. Plowman back in Chicago. I guess that the Jersey boys have sent a message. I think that leaves Willis, Erv Milller, and somebody else. My thanks to the big M, and the NJRC for doing what the incompetent IRB should have done YEARS ago. Now let's see if the IRB grows a pair and stands up to Engel and Rucker. Maybe the tracks should  get Rucker (or his puppet) to sign some papers for his inevitable future positives.
swoodall

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 02:50:12 PM »

MC where are you?

Now is your turn to hammer Rucker and call for the same treatment Ledford and Jesk got!  You have every right to call for equal treatment and this time I won't attack anything you say,  I will support a Rucker ban and support a call for his and Engel's resignation from the IHHA board!
john

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 03:00:55 PM »

to joe dakuras and ew,

Did you ever hear, the boy who cried wolf !!!
Screw the legal system, it sucks. EW is absolutely right.
Joe, go *** your legal system.
Heres my dealing with the legal system. A man had 9 DUI's in 3 different states and decided to go 100 mph for his 10th DUI and kill my brother.
The judges all suck, the lawyers are the real crininals along with this piece a shit that did it.
TO SUM IT ALL UP, MR. RUCKER HAS A LENGTHY RECORD WITH THE ARCI.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. FIND A DIFFERENT JOB IF YOU CANT COMPETE ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD. EDWARD WILLIAM, AS USUAL YOU ARE CORRECT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, AS MR. DAKURAS POINTS OUT, BUT MORALLY AND ETHICALLY.
***** THE MORAL AND ETHIC COURT SYSTEM IS GOVERNED BY THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE JUDGES OR *** LAWYERS. ******
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »

Reminds me of Iron Mike Tyson getting convicted of rape. The girl willingly allowed him to perform oral sex on her (during her time of the month), yet cries rape after they were all finished. The poor guy then got convicted of rape.

No doubt in my mind he was not guilty of rape, but he surely deserved to go to prison for something in his lifetime.

OJ gets found not guilty by a jury of his peers, wink, wink. Then in civil court, he is found to owe like 30 million bucks for the thing he was found not guilty of in criminal court, wink, wink.

The Ledford crew and the Rucker crew are finally getting what they deserve, just like Tyson and OJ. Karma or justice, one or the other, prevails.
emp

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »

to joe dakuras and ew,

Did you ever hear, the boy who cried wolf !!!
Screw the legal system, it sucks. EW is absolutely right.
Joe, go f*** your legal system.
Heres my dealing with the legal system. A man had 9 DUI's in 3 different states and decided to go 100 mph for his 10th DUI and kill my brother.
The judges all suck, the lawyers are the real crininals along with this piece a shit that did it.
TO SUM IT ALL UP, MR. RUCKER HAS A LENGTHY RECORD WITH THE ARCI.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. FIND A DIFFERENT JOB IF YOU CANT COMPETE ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD. EDWARD WILLIAM, AS USUAL YOU ARE CORRECT, NOT POLITICALLY CORRECT, AS MR. DAKURAS POINTS OUT, BUT MORALLY AND ETHICALLY.
***** THE MORAL AND ETHIC COURT SYSTEM IS GOVERNED BY THE PEOPLE AND NOT THE JUDGES OR *** LAWYERS. ******

SHOW ME THE MONEY and Let's bring back Illinois/Chicago Harness Racing to the stature it once was......
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 03:08:51 PM »

on the contrary mr chadwick...this looks great..getting the major cheats out..cant be a bad thing

The reference is that this does not look good for Rucker.

I am a firm believer of keeping this sport squeaky clean.

Kenneth J. Chadwick
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:11:42 PM by Kenneth J. Chadwick » Report to moderator   Logged

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Petro

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 03:15:29 PM »

It's about time they clean up the dirty trainers.  I really give the BIG M alot of credit to stand up to these crooks.  The IRB and the rest of Illinois racing officials didn't have the balls to bust Ledfraud or Rucker!!!  THANKS NEW JERSEY!!!!

THE BIG M TRAINERS AND OFFICIALS STOOD UP TO RUCKER AND LEDFORD INSTEAD OF RACING FOR SECOND PLACE LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE DID IN ILLINOIS!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: