Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 03, 2014, 02:35:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4/20/12 - MAYWOOD SELECTIONS  (Read 184 times)
Charlie Horse

Ignore
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »

Maywood Park Selections  
Friday, April 20, 2012
(Program odds in parentheses)

RACE 1

2-THEDAYYOUHAVEMADE (6/1)   *** Winner: $14.40  $5.20  $3.00 ***
This is the best post this one has had in a while. Has some early foot. Look for Oosting to seek front end. Like the 6/1 morning line here.

7-PRIMROSE PATH (15/1)
Question mark. Out of town shipper with all sorts of scratches and barn changes in lines. Watch board for clues.

3-LT'S SPORTY BABE (3/1)
Very competitive at this level. Was a solid third here last week. Big shot.

1-SIX PACK ANNIE (4/1)
Rath trainee returns from layoff. Decent qualifier. Rail keeps her in contention. Struggles to win.

4-PUDDIN TAME (5/2)
Faces a bit easier tonight, but really has not shown much in last couple. Needs a better effort tonight.

5-APACHE GLITTER (8/1)
Horse has decent credentials. Solid fourth last time out. Gimmick possibility.

6-ECHOES IN MY SOUL (12/1)
Last few have been dull. Driver change to Roberts might help. Outsider.

8-BE MY ESCAPE (15/1)
Hasn't won in ages. Scratched sick last time. Toss.

RACE 2

1-ICE MAN COMET'H (8/5)
Soft spot for this guy. Draws the rail, dips in class and gets a new driver tonight. Had to work awfully hard for the lead last week. Should have an easier go of it here. No price, but solid.

5-KING BRUTUS (12/1)
Hoosier invader gets Oosting. Has had success here in the past and could threaten with the right trip. Use in gimmicks.

6-PAPA BRIAN (4/1)
Liked him last week and he just missed. Maintains good form and might fire out again for early position. Contender.

3-ANOTHER BEAUTY (3/1)
Terrific effort last week to just miss. Should have better striking position tonight and is one of the main threats to the top pick.

7-PICASSOS BOY (6/1)
Almost went the distance last week. Will be heard from and is a threat to hit the board.

2-WESTERN DEAL (10/1)
Scratched sick last time. Don't think he's good enough to beat these when healthy. Toss.

4-MY SECRET WEAPON (15/1)
Got romped on by easier last week. Appears overmatched tonight. Toss.

RACE 3

2-MIKE LANIGAN (3/1)   *** Winner: $3.00  $2.10  $2.10; 2-4 Exacta: $7.60 ***
Oosting chose this guy over several others. Horse has been racing very well at this level and with good speed and inside post, he is a strong contender.

4-M M WEST (7/2)
Always a factor at this level. Will seek an early spot. Has a big chance.

5-HANNIBAL HUDSON (9/2)
Big win last week from the eight post. These are a little tougher, but he has every right to be considered. Should come out gunning.

1-SPRINGLAKE DRAGON (12/1)
Suggestive try last week as he finished a solid third. Should be in the mix and has a great shot to be part of this.

7-PALMER (6/1)
Good try last week, but draws poorly and loses Oosting. Pass tonight.

8-KEITHER (8/1)
Another that's racing well, but loses top driver and is stuck outside tonight. Probably not in the cards.

3-HE'S BUCKS BEST (15/1)
Has missed a couple weeks and last race was rather dull. Pass.

6-OUR SECOND CHANCE (12/1)
Form appears to be tailing off. Pass.

9-OUR CHIP-E (10/1)
Has not won in ages. Form so-so. No thanks.

RACE 4

6-REVY REVRAC (5/2)
Returns from BMP where he faced much tougher foes. Horse appears to have some talent and is in good hands with Oosting in the bike. Short price, but might win for fun.

3-THISWAYORTHEHIGHWY (4/1)
Makes 2012 debut after decent qualifier. Looks like he was involved in some big races as a two year old. Barn does well following layoff. Big shot.

8-REDWHITENTRUE (3/1)
Speedball from the outside could make this interesting. Willis usually has them ready to go, so this guy will be a force in here.

1-BURNINUPTHETOWNE (6/1)
Impressive win last week. Now steps up, but rail will keep this one close. Use in gimmicks.

2-HUGGY BEAR (10/1)
Harmer trainee makes 2012 debut. Barn has done well lately off layoffs. Watch tote.

7-TOO SPORTY FOR YOU (12/1)
Comes into this off two solid tries. Might pick up pieces late if hot pace develops. Outsider.

5-CAPTAIN OBVIOUS (15/1)
Decent race last time in a start he figured to need. Has speed and will use it early. Probably does not have enough to win, but could be a factor.

4-SHOTGUN BOB (8/1)
Could not handle easier from the rail in last. Will need a big try to compete with these. Pass.

RACE 5

9-TROIX HANOVER (7/2)
Gets Oosting back tonight and that should make all the difference. Horse is loaded with speed and Oosting should have this guy in control. My pick in tough race.

2-DREAM GURU (6/1)
Class drop makes this one interesting. Decent qualifier. Might crush these if ready. Leonard barn has good record on class droppers. Use.

3-MOSES HANOVER (3/1)
Destroyed field last time out. Should fire for the lead again. Big shot.

8-JOEZEHRLOVESJOHNNY (8/1)
Faces much easier tonight. Eight post makes for rough assignment. Would not shock to see this one wake up and be a part of this.

6-LAWSUIT (12/1)
Hampered by poor posts in last few. This post is not much better. Maybe driver change to Warren will help cause. Form is not terrible. Maybe can get a slice with trip.

1-ELKHORN DAMIEN (4/1)
Picked up a rare win last week as the race set up perfectly for him. Rail will keep him involved again, but I have my doubts this one wins back to back. Use underneath.

5-DRAGON ON DEMAND (15/1)
Lost all chance after going off-stride last week. Prior races okay. Might fire out and hope for best. Slim chance.

4-REAL DESIRABLE (12/1)
Recent form lacking. Pass.

7-SAND JAKE (15/1)
Scratched sick in last. Prior races discouraging. Toss.

RACE 6

7-SUMMER PARTY (15/1)
Makes second start of layoff tonight. I like the 28.2 last quarter from her race last week. Perhaps a sign of things to come. This one will be at good odds tonight and this field does not have any world beaters in it, so I'll take a shot with this gal.

5-DAZZLING DIANA (5/2)
Went to the front and held on last week. Will likely try for the lead again. This field does not have much depth, and she has a great chance to repeat.

6-SKYWAY LENA (8/1)
Raced well last week, finishing third to a good winner. Maybe she can flush live cover and be a part of this. Possible.

4-AR SISSY (3/1)
Battled hard last week to just miss. Been racing very well and if she can avoid a first over trip, has a great shot tonight.

1-KID ANNETTA (4/1)
Oosting and rail help cause. Horse struggles to win, but is certainly capable of hitting the board. Use in gimmicks.

2-WINTHISONE HANOVER (12/1)
Another good draw for this one. Recent form encouraging. Can be part of this with decent trip.

3-BELLVALLEY MIRACLE (6/1)
Has not won in ages. Recent form yawn inspiring. No miracle happening tonight.

8-LITTLE L (10/1)
Rather dismal last week from out here. Not seeing any reason for optimism. Pass.

RACE 7

4-SPORTY LEVI (9/2)   *** Winner: $5.60  $3.60  $3.20; 4-1 Exacta: $37.80 ***
Been taking on tougher. Fits better tonight. Driver change to Miller also a plus. Might follow up the 3 and blow by them all.

1-CHARLIE RUSSELL (8/1)
Like the Roberts + Rail combo here. Horse has won his share of races here and an aggressive drive might be what the doctor ordered.

3-HURRICANE JOHN (7/2)
This one seeks fourth win in a row. Makes debut for new barn. Should be major factor once again.

2-CRIPPLECREEK FOX (12/1)
Sheds eight hole and draws well. Has shown early foot and may look for pocket trip. Has a legit shot if things go his way tonight.

9-GEORGE'S ZTAM (3/1)
Top driver will probably make early move here. Horse had perfect trip last week but seemed empty in stretch. I like others in here.

8-NO GIN (6/1)
Three third place finishes in a row for this one. Will need to work out a trip, but he's capable of being part of this.

5-SHASKA (15/1)
Ugly recent form. Toss.

6-STONEBRIDGE SYMBOL (12/1)
Poor recent form. Struggles to win. Pass.

7-JOSTING JACK (15/1)
Another that does not like to win. Recent form discouraging. Pass.

RACE 8

1-RICH N FANCY (9/5)   *** Winner: $2.40  $2.10  $2.10 ***
Razor sharp and draws well once again. Should gun for the lead and extend winning streak. No price, but can start your Pick 3's with this one.

3-FURIOUS FIVE (7/2)
Racing very well right now. Might make early move and settle in behind #1. Use in gimmicks for sure.

5-PACING PENNY TWO (9/2)
Having a great year with four wins in eight starts. Will try an early move and hope for the best. Not sure if she can beat the #1, but has a shot to hit the board.

7-HELEN'S PLACE GIRL (6/1)
Tough mare in tough spot out here. Will need cover and well-timed move. Outside shot.

6-WOLF CREEK VIXEN (12/1)
Just missed from the rail in last. Move out here does not help. Will need some luck to be part of this.

2-SEEKIN FOR GLAMOUR (8/1)
Scratched sick last time. Not good.  Not for me.

4-LOOKER HOTSPUR (15/1)
Looks overmatched in here. Pass.

8-BLUEBIRD REGAL (15/1)
Third straight eight post for this one. Has not been close to winning from out here. Toss.

RACE 9

2-SAMEASITEVERWAS (3/1)
Speedball with an inside post. Roberts will gun for the lead again and is one easy quarter from taking this to the bank. Strong contender.

3-NJ'S BIG DEAL (8/1)
Solid ICF three year old makes return to Maywood after racing well at BMP. Another one that wants the lead. He might be quick enough to get it. Price shot possibility here.

1-ANESCAPE N (5/2)
Was no match for Warrawee Lad last week. Does not have to deal with him tonight. Draws well for Warren. Should get a good trip and has a big shot.

5-FINN JET (15/1)
Flew down the lane to get up last week. With another hot pace likely, this race could set up for him again. If he follows up the #4, he has a legit shot to fly past them again. Use.

4-COLEFEDERATE (7/2)
Horse is red hot and takes on tougher tonight. Much respect for Oosting, but I will fade this guy here. Just don't think he's good enough to get the best of this bunch. Must use in gimmicks, tho.

7-CINNAMON SPIDER (15/1)
Didn't do all that much as my "Longshot Special" last week. Winner was a monster, so I can give him the benefit of the doubt. Will hope for a fast pace and good striking position to have a chance.

8-AT MAX SPEED (6/1)
Broke and lost all chance last week. Looks like he wants lead and will probably blast and hope for an early spot. Needs a lot to go his way, but if he minds his manners, he has every right to be part of this.

6-SOME OR LIS (8/1)
Clunker race last week. Prior races dull as well. Hard to toss anything from top connections, but I am not seeing a reason to invest in this one right now.

RACE 10

6-TIMELESS ARTIST (6/1)
Solid mare in good spot to contend. Will vie for early position and has enough class to beat these. I like the 6/1 morning line and will take a shot with her in this highly competitive event.

1-DISLOCATED (7/2)
Sharp horse, rail and Oosting all add up to this being a solid contender again. Not much of a price, but solid.

4-CAM TOWN CARRIE (5/2)
Speed horse returns to Maywood. Will have command and has a shot to take it all the way if given an easy lead.

9-WAITING AND HOPING (9/2)
Very solid race last week. Parked the mile and still had plenty left at the end of the race. Appears to have some breaking issues, so this one is hard to trust, but there's some talent here. Odds will be tempting.

7-WHISTLE PIG (12/1)
Shows decent form, but has hands full from way out here. Will be in outer flow and needs hot pace to run at late. Slim chance.

2-EPONA (15/1)
Racing well in her own right, but appears a bit overmatched. Will hope for pocket trip. Shot at gimmicks.

5-ACCOUNTABLE LADY (8/1)
Takes on tougher after an impressive win last week. Needs to get brought up to have chance here. Might be good enough to hit the board.

8-CHEESE PLUMPER (15/1)
The Plumper easily handled that last field blasting from the seven post. Now draws the eight slot against a rugged group. Pass for now.

3-FINAL ATTRIBUTE (20/1)
Was not a factor last week. Form trending in wrong direction. Pass.

RACE 11

7-FORT SILKY (4/1)
Despite the tough outside post, I think this one is just too classy for this group. Expecting an early move and believe he will fend off all challengers.

1-WARRAWEE LAD (5/2)
This one is on a major roll. Romped over his last three fields, now faces tougher. Guess we'll find out how for real this one is. I just don't think he's good enough to handle Silky.

2-MISCHIEF MAN (6/1)
Checks in after a solid BMP qualifier. He's two for two on this track and has some ability. Trainer has solid record with horses returning from layoffs. Use in your gimmicks.

6-TURN IT UP LOUD (12/1)
Seeks third straight victory. Will likely need some racing luck from this spot. If he gets brought up, has a chance to be part of this.

3-RAGING CAM (3/1)
Solid horse, but not quite at his best right now. Can't rule out, but he will need a big effort to prevail here.

5-FIVE COUGARS A (8/1)
Returns from BMP after showing speed in a decent effort. Appears a notch below the top contenders in here. Pass.

8-POLAR BEAR (15/1)
Was not much of a factor last week in a race he figured to need. Will be tighter tonight, but the post and tough field make it hard to consider him. Pass for now.

4-JUDSON DIRECTOR (12/1)
Last race was rather dull. Not sure of his tactics here. I don't think he can beat these first over. Toss.

RACE 12

7-REV ME UP (6/1)   *** Winner: $3.60  $2.40  $2.20 ***
Indy invader has ton of class. Could handle these for fun if ready. Much respect for trainer. Solid.

6-MAKENA CAT (9/2)
Solid race in first start after layoff. Finished a closing third after taking some action at the windows. Had done well at this track. Has a big shot tonight.

4-MO VALLEY MAGGIE (7/2)
Sparkling effort last week. I know it was against 4 claimers, but she looked terrific. She'll rocket to the front and might be good enough.

1-PARTY TIL THE AM (12/1)
Judges scratch last week. Recent form solid versus easier. Rail keeps her in contention, probably should include in gimmicks.

2-SPECIAL PROMISES (3/1)
I sure thought this one was in a good spot last week and was totally disappointed. Total clunker of a race. I'm off this one for now.

3-LYFSLYKABOXACHOCLT (8/1)
Couldn't get it done with the rail last time. Appears overmatched. Pass.

5-CHALLENGE MY HEART (12/1)
Last three efforts on the dull side. Need to see more before investing in this one. Toss.

8-LITTLE SWEETHEART (15/1)
Recent form okay, but eight post is a killer. Pass.

9-DASHING MAJORETTE (15/1)
Dull form. Toss.

RACE 13

7-KB'S ROBBY (3/1)
Raced very well last week against a classy foe. Should blast to the top tonight. Does not have much to beat.

5-BC'S BAD CAT (5/2)
Not a prolific winner, but form is solid. Had road trouble last week and finished a close up sixth. Hard to pick on top, but needs to be used in your gimmicks.

8-DONALD HIMSELF (12/1)
Comes in off back to back third place finishes. Hard to see him winning from here, but maybe he can get a slice.

3-RIVER OF FAITH (6/1)
Decent fourth place finish from the seven post in last. Needs more to hit the board. Outside shot.

6-LITTLE FISHY (15/1)
Reunited with Warren, who raced well for him two starts back. Still, a longshot for now.

1-EL GEES FOGGYFLYTE (10/1)
Scratched sick twice this year. Not a good sign.

2-LARRY'S PLACE (8/1)
Oosting and good post help, but form is dull. Pass.

4-BRING THE RAIN (4/1)
Non factor last week from the rail. Not a good sign. Not for me.

RACE 14

6- AMERICAN LEASE (3/1)
Monster effort last week parked out. Now gets Oosting back in the bike. Has a big shot to win the nightcap.

7- PARK BUG (10/1)
Has shown a knack for hitting the board. Winning is unlikely, but he can be part of this.

1- LEVI THUNDER THUNG (6/1)
Has not won in eons. Rail might help him hit the High Five, but that's about it.

9- FIRE FOOT (8/1)
The return to claimers sure to help. Another High Five contender.

2- DO ME BLISS (9/2)
Has early speed and can certainly be a part of this.

8- WESTERN BEAR (15/1)
Recent form is okay. Tough assignment for him way out here.

4- WESTERN RAVENSWOOD (7/2)
Struggles to win. Form is blah. Guess he can crack the High Five.

3- CAPTAIN HOGG (20/1)
Dull form. Does not like to win. Pass.

5- AIRY HEIR (15/1)
Has not been competitive in ages.

TOP PLAY: FORT SILKY

LONGSHOT: SUMMER PARTY
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:58:53 AM by Charlie Horse » Report to moderator   Logged

Even when you know, you never know...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: