Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 10:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Burton?  (Read 1820 times)
John Doe

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2006, 08:33:52 PM »

Burton:

Since I took the time to answer your question as honest and straight forward as possible, I'm hoping you'll do the same.  Tell me what horses you owned, past and present, your involvement in the industry, and why you are not in the game today?

Your answers are appreciated.  Thanks.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 09:57:03 PM »

Don't ever expect to get answers to those questions, Joe. That's why they don't post under their real name like we do.

TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 10:30:04 PM »

Don't ever expect to get answers to those questions, Joe. That's why they don't post under their real name like we do.

Trolls will be trolls, although of all the idiots on BTW, at least Burton has a brain.  his choosing to fry it on meaningless retorts aimed at yourself and Joe D. are regretful, but at least he'll talk a little harness racing from time to time.  Then again, he's united with Wendt and that misinformed Joe B(lowhard), so I guess nobody's perfect.   trotter  TC

TROLLS HAVE NO RIGHTS !
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »

Dan & TC:

I want to see what type of person Burton is.  I answered his questions as truthful as I could.  I want to see if he extends the very same courtesy my way.  Burton often says he wants to talk harness racing; well a good start would be to boast of his accolades in the game, good or bad. 

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and see if he answers my questions from his work computer in the morning.  That is usually when he is on here posting.

Dan, whatever you do, you have to make sure Scotty wins a race at Hawthorne.  If he does, Peter Glassi has everything under control and we'll get to see what kind of people some of these BTW posters are.  Burton will definitely be reminded about his post, this I guarantee.  LOL I can't wait!  Tell Scotty I said good luck and get one to the winner's circle, PLEASE!!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 07:51:57 AM »

I've posted this a number of times, but here we go again.
Started going to the track around 1976.
I owned some horses in partnership starting in the mid-80' through the mid 90's.
Worked with a couple of trainers.
Mostly cheap claimers and two or three young horses.
Never hit paydirt but had a helluva time.
Didn't go bust either.
The problem was affording a wife and kids.
That became the priority and still is.
I no longer own any stock but still love the game and follow it as closely as I can.
I am saddened by how badly Illinois racing is.
I do miss the old days.
But on the other hand the new days with the internet feeds, OTB's etc; help keep a guy like me involved in his favorite sport.

Oh, and one more time, I'm not any of the people I've been accused of being.
"Burton" has been my nickname for 30 years.
Putting my real name or the names of the horse I've owned is no badge of courage to me.
I want to discuss harness racing.
You don't need to state your given name to do that.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 10:37:47 AM »

Trolls will be trolls, although of all the idiots on BTW, at least Burton has a brain.  his choosing to fry it on meaningless retorts aimed at yourself and Joe D. are regretful, but at least he'll talk a little harness racing from time to time.  Then again, he's united with Wendt and that misinformed Joe B(lowhard), so I guess nobody's perfect.   trotter  TC

TROLLS HAVE NO RIGHTS !

Still don't get the tie in with Wendt?
Why do you keep this nonsense up?
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 10:42:31 AM »

Burton:

Could you answer my question and let the forum know what were the names of those cheap horses you owned and what trainers you worked for?  Maybe I know you better than I thought and its possible that we both worked for the same people, no?  Your answers are appreciated. Thanks

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 11:05:12 AM »

Burton:

Could you answer my question and let the forum know what were the names of those cheap horses you owned and what trainers you worked for?  Maybe I know you better than I thought and its possible that we both worked for the same people, no?  Your answers are appreciated. Thanks

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe,
I didn't work for any trainers.
It was the other way around.
I'm not naming anyone.
They were all good people, still in the game and I don't want to see them attacked (not by you) on this forum.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »

Joe,
I didn't work for any trainers.
It was the other way around.
I'm not naming anyone.
They were all good people, still in the game and I don't want to see them attacked (not by you) on this forum.

Burton:

So let me get this straight, you expect to be able to judge Dan Nance and myself in our careers in the business, yet when it comes to yourself and the accomplishments you achieved, you don't want to post any of the horses names or trainers that you were affiliated with, right? 

Kind of sounds like a double standard Burton, don't you think?  You think that it is okay for you to post things about Dan and myself knowing who we are and what we accomplished but you don't want to post the very same things about yourself.  Wow, I guess Dan was right in what he said.  So was Tc by the way, trolls really do not have a voice, validity or even existence for that matter.  Have a nice day Burton, and congratulations on your accomplishments in the business, no matter how big or small they were.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 11:43:53 AM »

As Dan would say,
I don't owe an explanation to anyone.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 11:53:45 AM »

As Dan would say,
I don't owe an explanation to anyone.

Yeah Burton, that's what I thought you'd say.  At least I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  Have a great day busting somebody else’s balls.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 12:02:48 PM »

Yeah Burton, that's what I thought you'd say.  At least I gave you the benefit of the doubt.  Have a great day busting somebody else’s balls.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Joe,

I understand that you'd like to know burton's real identity (it can really help to understand a person, knowing where they come from), but at the same time, the internet can be an "interesting place."

Although most people know who I am, I really can't fault someone for withholding their identity.  There's a lot of crazies out there that can cause trouble in your life if they see your info in a public space.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 12:03:42 PM »

One doesn't have to have been a trainer for 20 years to love the game.
One also doesn't have to be a trainer for 20 years to have a valid opinion on your self serving often filthy, homophobic and schizophrenic posts.
Sorry I don't have all day to argue this non-racing nonsense with you.
I also don't have fellow "esteemed goofs" who will join in and argue my points, no matter how ridiculous.
Read some of your posts Joe.
You need help.
You almost make one want to side with the Johnstons.
Mind you, I said almost.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 12:12:25 PM »

Joe,

I understand that you'd like to know burton's real identity (it can really help to understand a person, knowing where they come from), but at the same time, the internet can be an "interesting place."

Although most people know who I am, I really can't fault someone for withholding their identity.  There's a lot of crazies out there that can cause trouble in your life if they see your info in a public space.

Best,
EW
EW:

I can't say that I disagree with your pre-emptive attitude with all of the things that are going on in the world, especially via the Internet. 

With that being said, one could easily be identified on BTW through the use of initials, a nickname or other source.  You don't have to post your full name to receive recognition as to your identity, if you know what I mean.

Most, and I say most of the posters that are on here that hide their identity are doing so with one purpose in mind, to damage someone or bust their balls through lies, rumor and innuendo.  That is why I whole-heartedly agree with TC when he says trolls do not have any voice, validity or mere existence.  That is the true reality of it all, in my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 01:16:47 PM »

Still don't get the tie in with Wendt?
Why do you keep this nonsense up?
Sorry old sock.  Even I can't keep track of all the minions that Tom "hired" to carry on his annoying legacy.  Sorry if you're mixed in with the rest, but you did appear out of the clouds right at the very moment of his publicized shame.  You can see where all of our errors ensue from there as a logical human being.   P.S. I think you and I are OK.  I never mind you chastising me for putting "nonsense", in your words, on the forum.  It's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  I still don't get all the swipes at Dan, but you must have a history with him as an owner or close competitor.  Other than that, I'd be glad to talk harness racing with you as long as you realize that the Tonys of the world aren't perfect as you claim.  Joe D. and I differ 180 degrees on Tony and he and I get along swimmingly.  I respect your standing in the business community and I wish you well.   trotter  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 01:36:20 PM »

Sorry old sock.  Even I can't keep track of all the minions that Tom "hired" to carry on his annoying legacy.  Sorry if you're mixed in with the rest, but you did appear out of the clouds right at the very moment of his publicized shame.  You can see where all of our errors ensue from there as a logical human being.   P.S. I think you and I are OK.  I never mind you chastising me for putting "nonsense", in your words, on the forum.  It's your opinion and you're entitled to it.  I still don't get all the swipes at Dan, but you must have a history with him as an owner or close competitor.  Other than that, I'd be glad to talk harness racing with you as long as you realize that the Tonys of the world aren't perfect as you claim.  Joe D. and I differ 180 degrees on Tony and he and I get along swimmingly.  I respect your standing in the business community and I wish you well.   trotter  TC

Thanks TC!

Dan and I get along better than most people think.
Even he left me off the hook for the winner's circle ass kisssing comment.
LOL!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 01:39:16 PM »

Thanks TC!

LOL!!
We know what you meant and I for one don't think anyone was going to hold your feet to the flame literally on that one.  I myself hope Scott does well, and if he gets a couple of steeds, anything is possible.  They say it's like riding a bicycle (training again), so let's hope he's a Lance Armstrong or Greg Lemond.  Grin   trotter  TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 01:44:56 PM »

Thanks TC!

LOL!!

Burton:

You're wrong, my friend.  I just spoke with Dan about an hour ago and can tell you that if and when Scott wins a race, you better have your knee-pads on and be ready for an ass kissing that will be announced play-by-play if it should happen at Hawthorne.  Dan will be posting later today because he is out running some errands and checking on the building of his new $700,000 palace.

This is a great publicity stunt and everybody has been talking about it.  It will give BTW more publicity than it already needs, and maybe teach you a lesson about the Nance’s and help you to cease and desist from spreading false and injurious statements about people.

Don't worry because the next time Scott races a horse, Peter Glassi will be keeping everyone informed about the ass kissing you promised.  Have a great day.

Now we're talking harness racing.

Best regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2006, 02:07:07 PM »

Get some help Joe.

OJ is guilty!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2006, 02:40:46 PM »

Get some help Joe.

OJ is guilty!!

Burton:

I don't need any help, but you might need some when Scotty wins a race and you have to go through some ass kissing procedures.  LOL

As far as your OJ being guilty comment, I can't say if he was or wasn't, but am more than happy to tell the "official" verdict of his criminal was NOT GUILTY.  I would simply ask you to refer to the verdict for information, however; in the meantime, OJ Simpson was officially found not guilty in his criminal trial.  Have a great day.  LOL

Now we're talking harness racing and ass kissing to boot!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
alan d

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 05:22:14 PM »

O.J.   was found guilty in a civil trial were the truth came out and burton i don't know you but i can tell that you seem to be person whom tells the truth on this  web site which seems to get under certain people's skin   keep up the good work
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2006, 07:18:16 PM »

Joe D....

If this was in a court room... the judge would chew your ass off for BADGERING THE WITNESS.

Burton answered all your 'leading" questions in a decent and accurate manner. That apparently wasn't good enough for you.  Roll Eyes
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2006, 07:27:52 PM »

Interested Observer:

And if this were a regulated Internet site...the moderator would throw your ass off for TROLLING AND BADGERING THE ESTEEMED POSTERS.

Tc addressed some of your emotional issues on another thread, GET LOST.  Roll Eyes

PS- don't worry, nobodys trying to find out your indentity so Dan could bust your head.  LOL  Relax. 

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 07:32:44 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2006, 07:50:54 PM »

Posted by Joe D:

Interested Observer:

And if this were a regulated Internet site...the moderator would throw your ass off for TROLLING AND BADGERING THE ESTEEMED POSTERS.

Tc addressed some of your emotional issues on another thread, GET LOST. 

PS- don't worry, nobodys trying to find out your indentity so Dan could bust your head.  LOL  Relax.

"Trolling and badgering the esteemed posters"...  Roll Eyes

Not hardly, Joe... just the ESTEEMED GOOFS like you and your "goof patrol".  Grin

Why do you feel the need to include TC & Dan's thoughts or opinions in your responses? They can speak for themselves. You are just a "shit stirrer", Joe. You also have a "bully mentality"... which will serve you well if and when you ever become a "Defense Attorney"... as you blame the "victims" for the offenses your client committed.

You are one "class act", Joe.  Roll Eyes
abtruth

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2006, 07:51:41 PM »

whom is burton and what is a intersted observer.pleese tell me becuse no body in the barns nows these names.truth
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: