Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 07:53:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON ?  (Read 1329 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:29:47 PM »

Ken Warkentin
Sam McKee
Larry Lederman
John Bothe
Peter Galassi
Dom Polito
Frank Salive
Peter Kleinhans
Roger Huston (ugh)
Mike Bozich

Someone please loan EW and one or 2 others on planet Earth the answer please.  Thanks in advance.   trotter  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
VJRNR

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:31:10 PM »

I'd have to say they are all announcers Huh
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 01:37:21 PM by srotagtbs » Report to moderator   Logged
KingXerxes

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:41:33 PM »

1. They all have vowels in their names
2. None of them have ever been over to my house

Monster Mile
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »

TC hasn't posted scurrilous LIES about them on BTW>
Mike Bozich

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 01:51:05 PM »

TC, I appreciate you adding me to such elite company, but I have a ways and I do mean a ways to go to be anywhere near as good as some of the people on that list. Really the fact is everybody has different tastes in who they like and what they are looking for in a race call. Lots of guys like to give lots of info during their calls. Others opt for excitement more so then info. Still others instill humor in their call, and some try to be a perfect mix of all the three. Me, I am just simply a fan of the game trying to describe what I see.
VJRNR

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 01:54:26 PM »

I noticed that there are two people who i can't stand when they are announcing, but i'm not saying that they are bad announcers, i just cant stand their voices. One is Ed Burghart (sp?) from Los Al and the other is the guy from Northfield Park (I don't know his name).
off stride

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 01:55:31 PM »

I noticed that there are two people who i can't stand when they are announcing, but i'm not saying that they are bad announcers, i just cant stand their voices. One is Ed Burghart (sp?) from Los Al and the other is the guy from Northfield Park (I don't know his name).

that name being GREG YOUNG....and there you are..
VJRNR

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 01:55:54 PM »

that name being GREG YOUNG....and there you are..

thanks off stride
Imfaster

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 02:05:48 PM »

i think Raceway Parks announer Ron Sobzack.....not sure if thats how you spell it but.....he is a really good announer in my book.....its always fun when he calls the Sire Stakes at Toledo cause he really gets into it.
tonymfan

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 02:25:42 PM »

TC hasn't posted scurrilous LIES about them on BTW

So far.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 02:27:40 PM »

TC hasn't posted scurrilous LIES about them on BTW>

But Joe D. has?Huh?
off stride

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 02:29:50 PM »

i think Raceway Parks announer Ron Sobzack.....not sure if thats how you spell it but.....he is a really good announer in my book.....its always fun when he calls the Sire Stakes at Toledo cause he really gets into it.
ron is a good buddy of mine and a professional fm radio announcer in the toledo area, we have known each other for years, it must be tuff for any announcer to call one crappy group of horses after another and try to make them sound better than they are, when ron gets to call a good race he rises to the occasion... if you remember before ron we had..steve cross..who is now at hoosier and sam mckee who went on to ladbroke drc and then the meadowlands... before them we had the worst announcer of all time... john huston 'they are all behind the gate'..his whiney voice still bounces around in my head, nice to be able to have a forum to let it out...
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 03:15:05 PM »

I would have to guess that TC, the self-anointed announcer judge, proclaims that group to be better than Scott.  I think he's incorrect, but that's my opinion.

TC, you're a dick to Scott.  Not sure why.  Eh, it happens.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Isn't that strange? I think Greg Young is the best announcer working today. His mentor, Andy Cunningham, had nearly the exact sounding voice that Greg has. Personally, I find Roger Huston's voice extremely annoying.

The guy who does t-breds at Keeneland has a great voice, and Ohio county fair announcer Chris Patterson is also a good one. Funny thing about Chris, you can always tell which horse he has bet in a race. One county fair secretary tells me that Chris gets paid on the first day for all three days, and in cash, so he can lose it all betting there.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 06:05:02 PM »

TC, I appreciate you adding me to such elite company, but I have a ways and I do mean a ways to go to be anywhere near as good as some of the people on that list. Really the fact is everybody has different tastes in who they like and what they are looking for in a race call. Lots of guys like to give lots of info during their calls. Others opt for excitement more so then info. Still others instill humor in their call, and some try to be a perfect mix of all the three. Me, I am just simply a fan of the game trying to describe what I see.
Yes Mike, and most importantly, you're not annoying the fans every nanosecond with useless information to prove your worth as an employee.  You've mastered this avoidance in short order, and I'm sure every diehard Hazel Park patron as well as those in simulcastland appreciate it.  Lastly, you have moral courage to post on harness racing's #1 forum and don't deny reading the forum as some neer-do-well, half-baked colleagues do.  Keep up the good work.   trotter  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 06:31:50 PM »

I would have to guess that TC, the self-anointed announcer judge, proclaims that group to be better than Scott.  I think he's incorrect, but that's my opinion.

TC, you're a dick to Scott.  Not sure why.  Eh, it happens.

Best,
EW
Who ?  See, you're so starry-eyed that you think the thousands of readers on harness racing's #1 forum even know who in creation you're talking about.  As I've said, you are always entitled to your opinion, no matter how out of whack it may be.  I suppose as an aspiring announcer yourself, you'd consider it OK to talk down to the fans every chance you got , to try and prove your superiority over them, annoy them, and remind them of the ABCs of harness racing and wagering every single night.  Thank goodness you'll NEVER get a job calling the races here then, because we had one of those goofs and by God's sheer good grace he was run out of town on a rail to a place as far away from here as possible.  I think we'd all vomit if we had another Benita sighting in the winner's circle announced at 100 decibels again or reminded of "...the object of the Pick 3...".  As you are fond of saying "Sheesh" !   trotter  TC
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 08:56:25 PM »

TC posted:

I suppose as an aspiring announcer yourself, you'd consider it OK to talk down to the fans every chance you got , to try and prove your superiority over them, annoy them, and remind them of the ABCs of harness racing and wagering every single night.

You mean JUST LIKE YOU DO... to every poster on this board that disagrees with you, TC??   Roll Eyes

TC= "Total Crap".
TC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 09:25:35 PM »

TC posted:

You mean JUST LIKE YOU DO... to every poster on this board that disagrees with you, TC??   Roll Eyes

TC= "Total Crap".

Another classic troll post.  Trolls have fewer rights than illegals - that's a FACT !   trotter  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: