Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 21, 2014, 01:10:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Googoo Gaagaa  (Read 9368 times)
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2012, 08:30:30 PM »

1:50.4 tonight
Just an awesome horse that you have to appreciate.

I will go on record and say that this horse is as good a trotter I have ever saw. Powerful gait, big strong , WOW!!

Agree!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Maymoral

« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2012, 08:38:22 PM »

1:50.4 tonight
Just an awesome horse that you have to appreciate.

I will go on record and say that this horse is as good a trotter I have ever saw. Powerful gait, big strong , WOW!!

IN HAND!!! WOOOOOOWWWWWWW
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2012, 09:20:02 PM »

Not sure how people with mares to breed will see him......but when they told me what they turned down for him after last weeks elim.....Somebody thinks they will......He is a freak and a freakishly fast one

SHOWTIME!!!
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:48 PM »

He has some ability.
See you at yonkers in 2 weeks.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2012, 12:17:31 PM »

Folks, this word "freak" is being overused. 

He is just a fast trotter who races against slower trotters.  He is not Hambo eligible.  There were all sorts of track records at Pcd last night as the conditions were perfect.  As for him being a "freak", you must be referring to a horse who is "unusual".  There is little unusual about one of the trotters winding up well above the others - this happens more often than not.  Deweycheatumnhowe, Donato Hanover, Muscle Hill are just some recent examples.

My guess is if they stay with Callahan it will be costly at some point, same as it was for Somebeachsomewhere with MacDonnel.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
swoopdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2012, 12:38:54 PM »

He is just a fast trotter who races against slower trotters.  He is not Hambo eligible.  There were all sorts of track records at Pcd last night as the conditions were perfect.  As for him being a "freak", you must be referring to a horse who is "unusual".  There is little unusual about one of the trotters winding up well above the others - this happens more often than not.  Deweycheatumnhowe, Donato Hanover, Muscle Hill are just some recent examples.

My guess is if they stay with Callahan it will be costly at some point, same as it was for Somebeachsomewhere with MacDonnel.
dolfan, don't you find it unusual that this horse is by cams rocket who was bred to pace? if I'm not mistaken the trotters that you named were bred to trot. Ive seen many trotting sired horses who pace. the speedy crown sired free=legged pacer rowdy yankee was one of the most beautiful horses to watch but rarely can a pacing sired horse trot at any where near the speed of this freak. its your definition I'm using that, it must be unusual to be consider a freak. he's unusual allright. you havent seen very many like him.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 12:41:28 PM by swoopdaddy » Report to moderator   Logged
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2012, 12:42:17 PM »

Are you just trying to create controversy?   

The horse is an absolute freak of nature in every regard.   hE Is A reaLLY GuD hoRSe, MMMmmKaY.   

As for Callahan he is capable and as long as he dont get himself intimidated this horse will do all the talking.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2012, 04:08:27 PM »

Secretariat won the Belmont by 35 Googoo won by 41 on a half mile.

Yea he will probably lose again sometime.
And you and Cano and the others will make a big deal and blame Corey I hope.
He manned up and took the blame on the one loss.

Then you can cry about him racing until hes 7 or 8 or whatever he does.
And he wont live up to your standards.

You are conditioned for failure and cant enjoy simple things.
When I pull that lever for Barrack in a few months. Its for you ( and Terry).
You earned it.

coldpunch

« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »

sorry Dolfan--the fact that he is out of a $1200 mare and his sire was a nobody pacer--and they produced a trotter that just broke the world record for all ages over a 5/8ths--and you are saying that isnt a freak?

well--you are entitled to your opinion even though you are way wrong here-the horse is a freak of nature
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:31 PM »

I'm not trying to create any controversy or knock Cory Callahan & yes, I do agree that it isn't typical to find pacing bred trotters.

I assume then that any standardbred who can pace or trot fast enough to win pari-mutuel races "freaks" too.  There have been a few handful of those.

I'm not rooting against the horse, although the way 3WW rains on others' parades it is tempting.  Just kidding 3WW - I still love you but we all know you could never pull the lever for that man - I don't care how much you threaten...

Since he is not eligible for the Hambo, can they supplement into it?

The Callahan thing: My personal opinion is & always was, use the best for the best & throw loyalty out the window.  I'm a very loyal person but this is a once in a lifetime horse & I'd have called Brian Sears several times by now.

I do really feel that the posters here have gotten carried away with the times of these races & are using phrases like "I've never seen one better" a bit too often.  What you mean is they're all going faster than ever due to the bikes, the racing surfaces, the vets - whatever.  We've all seen champion horses win by 5 one week & not look so champion-like the next week.  Like Sweet Lou, who was easily better than Niatross, Cam Fella, Albatross... until last week when he finished 4th.

Here's your Saturday night timeline with comments:

Pcd - 6:53 pm - Versado wins the 1st in 148.4, the 1st of 8 sub 150 miles.

M1 - 7:22 pm - Chapter Seven finishes in 26- for a 1:50.4 win in his 1st start of the year with Tetrick laying down.  "Fastest trotter I've ever seen".

Pcd - 8:25 pm - Aracache Hanover scores uncovered the last 5/8's in 148.1 as George Brennan proves my Corey Callahan point.  "Unbelievable mile".

Pcd - 9:19 pm - Hurricane Kingcole blows away his field in 148.1.  "Looked like Tetrick never even asked him".

Nfld 10:00 pm - A Little Crazy goes very crazy, winning a $3200 purse by 9 lengths for Aaron Merriman in 152.1.

Pcd 10:05 pm - Pacing bred Googoo Gaagaa scores in a world record 1:50.4.  Callahan says afterward "he got rough going to 3/4's".

Pcd 10:29 pm - Bolt The Duer jogs in 148.3.  "Nothing could've stopped him tonight".

YR 11:09 pm - Life Up Front wins the finale, capping off a night where every YR winner broke 154 without the help of any of the top drivers, who were all breaking 149 at Pcd.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2012, 12:49:22 AM »

Is anyone coming to the Yonkers trot?

I am stoked to see him in person again.

Also will be interesting to see where he is in the top 10 poll on usta.

Dolfan is a good guy and he is right. If this wasn't the best horse ever to come out of Maryland I'd probably not even be noticing.

CC has moved well beyond just a Delaware guy and cant find a nicer person. If you had 200 of him in the sport you might just save the whole thing.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »

nice read here

http://espn.go.com/horse-racing/story/_/id/8095638/modern-day-seabiscuit
zoot

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:32 PM »

haughton had a chestnut horse that had 2 sets of papers (speedy romeo maybe??) cause he'd race both on the trot and pace. believe he took sub 2 minute marks on both gaits.

zootsuit was by nevele pride out of a pacing mare glad rags and came within a neck of winning the hambo.

many of the great french horses that came here were not allowed to be listed as standardreds but rather were listed as a seperate breed called "french trotters"
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2012, 02:26:12 AM »

haughton had a chestnut horse that had 2 sets of papers (speedy romeo maybe??) cause he'd race both on the trot and pace. believe he took sub 2 minute marks on both gaits.

zootsuit was by nevele pride out of a pacing mare glad rags and came within a neck of winning the hambo.

many of the great french horses that came here were not allowed to be listed as standardreds but rather were listed as a seperate breed called "french trotters"

Battlin Barry another Hans (Roger) horse here in Maryland has raced as a trotter and a pacer within the last year or so.
Horsemanship never been an issue in MD.
6 tracks within an hour of the state with alternative gambling as MD sat like dummies has been one.
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2012, 03:16:48 PM »

Todays updates.

He is 2nd in the USTA top ten poll same amount of first place votes as the leader and only 4 total points behind.

Also

Only 5 horses total dropped into the Yonkers trot. So no elim for Googoo and no outside post in the final.

The other 4 are as follows.

Stormin Normand, Archangel, Market Share and Muscolo.
zoot

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2012, 04:57:24 PM »

the rest know they cant win without a misstep by goo and there are many opportunities elsewhere.

they'll all show for hambo cause goo is not eligible
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2012, 08:33:12 PM »

Only 5 horses total dropped into the Yonkers trot. So no elim for Googoo and no outside post in the final.

The other 4 are as follows.

Stormin Normand, Archangel, Market Share and Muscolo.

Shameful.  So even when Yonkers Trot gets the big dog it is still a nothing race.  Too bad.  The hits for the sport keep on coming, either from management or from horsemen.

3 wide and wingin

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2012, 09:10:13 PM »

Shameful.  So even when Yonkers Trot gets the big dog it is still a nothing race.  Too bad.  The hits for the sport keep on coming, either from management or from horsemen.

There is a $10,000.00 starters fee for an elimination and then for a final. So if there was an elimination you'd be out $20,000 just to start hypothetically.
Then there is the issue that 7 and 8 holes at Yonkers are a death sentence.
Then there is the fact that between Goo and Stormin Normand that's probably 75% of the purse eaten up right there.
So I understand it somewhat.

I am a little disappointed since I am going up for the race that it isn't going to be very competitive. But it will still be a thrill to see him in person and in a triple crown race.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2012, 10:22:53 AM »

There is a $10,000.00 starters fee for an elimination and then for a final. So if there was an elimination you'd be out $20,000 just to start hypothetically.
Then there is the issue that 7 and 8 holes at Yonkers are a death sentence.
Then there is the fact that between Goo and Stormin Normand that's probably 75% of the purse eaten up right there.
So I understand it somewhat.

I am a little disappointed since I am going up for the race that it isn't going to be very competitive. But it will still be a thrill to see him in person and in a triple crown race.

Well, you couldn't be out $20,000 because you would have earned some purse money by qualifying but I know what you're saying.  If everyone just throws in the towel why bother to run the race or better yet, why are there always the maximum starters for the KY Derby?  Because you've got to be in it to win it!

Anyway, have fun seeing him in person.  Let me know if he does indeed have 4 legs, 2 ears...  laughing guy

Incredible Shadow

« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2012, 08:26:30 PM »

Congrats to the connections for a great job of putting the horse first, by getting him right and pointing him towards this race.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:32:50 PM by Incredible Shadow » Report to moderator   Logged
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

Raced great again today in beating the Hambo winner. Congrats to the connections for a great job of putting the horse first, by getting him right and pointing him towards this race.

He beat the first second and third horse in the Hambo.
And the morning line favorite in the Rambo.
And Little brown Fox the wise guys choice.
Wings

« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2012, 11:53:01 PM »

meanwhile you made yourself look like a fool to someone who's actually involved in the sport....
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #97 on: August 20, 2012, 10:07:55 AM »

meanwhile you made yourself look like a fool to someone who's actually involved in the sport....

Had a post about you ready to send.

I wont.

Please just stay away from me?
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #98 on: August 20, 2012, 10:48:16 AM »

Replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2C_FwPqFhHs
3 wide and wingin

« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2012, 12:06:49 PM »

Who makes this post the day he wins the colonial?

A bitter person.

Sorry but some people deserve their lot in life.

This is one.

Cry a river and make another name.

I don't have time for people like this.

He does make a novel and some of you dummies will respond.

Cause he is INVOLVED

lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: