Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 20, 2014, 08:38:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PETER GALASSI AND JOE D  (Read 5724 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2006, 12:38:01 PM »

Joe,

I'll highlight the part you must have missed....I think Peter is a great announcer, and he deserves the praise.  There's ulterior BS in that post, and you know it.  Stop with the spin.

Best,
EW

EW, if Peter's such a "great" announcer (and you'll get no argument from me there), where does the guy that followed him and tortured us for 4 long years rate in your book.  Please compare on a scale of 1-100 for each individual.  I'm sure the #1 forum in all harness racing would love to hear your response.   trotter  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2006, 12:55:58 PM »

EW, if Peter's such a "great" announcer (and you'll get no argument from me there), where does the guy that followed him and tortured us for 4 long years rate in your book.  Please compare on a scale of 1-100 for each individual.  I'm sure the #1 forum in all harness racing would love to hear your response.   trotter  TC

I'd give Scott about a 90 to 83 advantage.  That's my personal opinion.  I know you don't agree, but I could care less.  Peter has one of the best voices I've ever heard in the game (that Dave Johnson/Durkin kind of voice quality), however, I give a little more creedance to Scott's very specific calls.  If he didn't get a little over-zealous at times, I think you could make a serious case for him being the best in the Nation.  As it is -- I still think he falls in the top 3 in harness racing.

Personally, I really like both announcers.  We've always been pretty lucky here in Chicago for announcers talent, especially given some of the compensation packages.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2006, 01:10:25 PM »

I'd give Scott about a 90 to 83 advantage.  That's my personal opinion.  I know you don't agree, but I could care less.  Peter has one of the best voices I've ever heard in the game (that Dave Johnson/Durkin kind of voice quality), however, I give a little more creedance to Scott's very specific calls.  If he didn't get a little over-zealous at times, I think you could make a serious case for him being the best in the Nation.  As it is -- I still think he falls in the top 3 in harness racing.

Personally, I really like both announcers.  We've always been pretty lucky here in Chicago for announcers talent, especially given some of the compensation packages.

Best,
EW
Maybe in a hillbilly state an 83 is a "great" score, befitting a great announcer, but in Chicago, an 83 is NOT a great score, rather a "C+" at best.  I see you gave Peter's replacement a 90 - WOW !.  Expected, but wow.  That is  an impressive score for a guy with FP, QCD, stga, VD (3rd string no less), and Sacramento on the resume.  We won't get into my post on the old forum which pretty much proved that Peter's replacement was ranked no higher than 10th in harness racing announcers - for now.  I did ask for your opinion, I got what I expected, but I did astutely point out that, yet again, your math is horribly flawed on the world's #1 harness racing forum.  Simple logic, my dear esteemed poster, dictates you can't call someone "great", give him an 83 out of 100, then rate a cohort in archived video crime a higher score.  I suppose on your disjointed scale, that would make Peter's replacement "godlike" ?  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  trotter  TC   P.S. Thanks for the midday laugh and math lesson.  Wink
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2006, 01:16:24 PM »

Maybe in a hillbilly state an 83 is a "great" score, befitting a great announcer, but in Chicago, an 83 is NOT a great score, rather a "C+" at best.  I see you gave Peter's replacement a 90 - WOW !.  Expected, but wow.  That is  an impressive score for a guy with FP, QCD, stga, VD (3rd string no less), and Sacramento on the resume.  We won't get into my post on the old forum which pretty much proved that Peter's replacement was ranked no higher than 10th in harness racing announcers - for now.  I did ask for your opinion, I got what I expected, but I did astutely point out that, yet again, your math is horribly flawed on the world's #1 harness racing forum.  Simple logic, my dear esteemed poster, dictates you can't call someone "great", give him an 83 out of 100, then rate a cohort in archived video crime a higher score.  I suppose on your disjointed scale, that would make Peter's replacement "godlike" ?  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  trotter  TC   P.S. Thanks for the midday laugh and math lesson.  Wink

Considering that I consider 70 average, I think 83 qualifies as excellent.  I'd only put about 10-12 announcers at that spot or higher.

Being in the top 10 of your vocation deems "great," IMO.  Plus, it's to be considered that he's held (and actually, surpassed) that level for many years.

I don't care where people have called.  Durkin has QCD on his resume.  Should we write him off too?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2006, 01:26:33 PM »

Considering that I consider 70 average, I think 83 qualifies as excellent.  I'd only put about 10-12 announcers at that spot or higher.

Being in the top 10 of your vocation deems "great," IMO.  Plus, it's to be considered that he's held (and actually, surpassed) that level for many years.

I don't care where people have called.  Durkin has QCD on his resume.  Should we write him off too?

Best,
EW
Get this striaght before I go : 93-100 = A
                                          85-92 = B
                                          78-84 = C
                                          70-77 = D
                              70 and below  = F

...and it's not where you start, but where you are NOW, and where you finish.  Sad to see that some hapless, annoying individuals are peddling their wares at some of the sport's most remote outposts, isn't it ?  Last I checked, PHIL, GIL, and TONY = retired and enjoying the good life.  PETER = major market calling both breeds.  DURKIN = tops in the broadcast world by standards of measurable "Q" rating.  DOM = calling both breeds for nice cabbage and remaining in the midwest near family at a clean plant and the friendliest working environment that one could ask for.  None of those names got the boot from the only major market they worked in, and all but the up-and-coming DOM plied their trade at facilities for many, many years and all, including Dom, were well liked and respected by all.  BIG DIFFERENCE !   trotter  TC
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 06:42:04 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
tonymfan

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2006, 02:32:52 PM »

If Peter is posting on the forum now, why do we need Joe and TC to write long explanations of what he meant by his mention of Scott N.'s horse the other night?
VJRNR

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »

If Peter is posting on the forum now, why do we need Joe and TC to write long explanations of what he meant by his mention of Scott N.'s horse the other night?

because that's what humans do, they try to justify things they don't understand or that aren't right to them in their mind.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2006, 02:37:15 PM »

tonymfan:

You don't, you can just ignore the posts.  But it might be in your best interest to view back to other threads because it was posted by two or three other posters first.  Then come back on and say what you think, okay?  

Don't be so upset that Peter mentioned Las Vegas and the Nances in his race call.  It was actually pretty cool and posted by other people first.  don't hate-celebrate.  Enjoy your day.  LOL

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 02:37:43 PM »

Joe likes to hear himself talk.
Plus he writes more about homo sex than he does about harness racing.
On the number one forum in all of Harness Racing!!!!!!!!!
tonymfan

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »

You don't, you can just ignore the posts.  But it might be in your best interest to view back to other threads because it was posted by two or three other posters first.  Then come back on and say what you think, okay?

I read back. Some people said it was a shout out some people said it was sarcastic. Then petgal said what he meant. After that there shouldn't be any more need of explanation. But you and TC are still spewing about it today, telling us what it meant. Peter can talk for himself without spin from you two.
harness24/7

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »

THE GREAT SCOTT EHRLICH will always be my favorite harness announcer.......He just has what it takes..I even called balmoral when he first started and thanked them for a great pick....just hope one day he returns, but until then Peter will do just fine. yes he is good also, but no ehrlich...............
nelly

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »

TC,

You are just wasting your time trying to teach EW about harness announcers!!!  If someone rates Scott as
possibly the best in the country if not the top three is completely out of their mind!!!!  If Scott is so talented why is he announcing at the Death Valley of harness racing!!!!!!!
alan d

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »

once again  Joe  d   shows  what a  great schooling he has with his vulgar  mind how nice was this forum when he  wasn't  around
TC

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2006, 06:14:15 PM »

TC,

You are just wasting your time trying to teach EW about harness announcers!!!  If someone rates Scott as
possibly the best in the country if not the top three is completely out of their mind!!!!  If Scott is so talented why is he announcing at the Death Valley of harness racing!!!!!!!
Nelly, I respect EW and his rights to have opinions.  I can however debunk his silly math when he paints himself into a corner like he did.  Sometimes being a sycophant, groupie, or harpie of a boob has its drawbacks, and believe me this is the case here with him.  His blind loyalty to a snake-in-the-grass has led him to trip up over his "fuzzy math" yet again on harness racing's #1 forum.  It's OK; he's still young and starry-eyed.  He'll learn as he gets down the road of life.  The odds of his (fallen) star-crush being a top ten announcer aren't quite the 26,000,000/1 number he's thrown around previously here, but let's say if he's correct, he's cashing a healthy ticket if that catterwauler even merits the 9th or 10th slot on ANY list.   trotter  TC
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2006, 08:44:42 PM »

TC posted:

Nelly, I respect EW and his rights to have opinions.

You don't respect anyone that doesn't think like you or agree with you.

And your incessant put downs and vile spew on anyone that dares to disagree with you is proof of that.

TC= "Total Crap"
Dan Nance

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2006, 08:54:58 PM »

TC posted:

And your incessant put downs and vile spew on anyone that dares to disagree with you is proof of that.

TC= "Total Crap"

It's 7:53 PM Vegas time and I'm out the door with the wife and mother over to Red Rock for 9 PM Bingo.

NOW WE'RE TALKING HARNESS RACING 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »

TC posted:

TC= "Total Crap"

Sorry Charlie, but the bulk of the "crap" on this #1 forum in all harness racing comes from trolls such as yourself.  Watch your own "spewing" and when you talk some harness racing instead of your usual unhealthy fix on the # 1 poster here, it'll be a better place to be certain.  You are in a position to demand NOTHING.  No troll has any rights on Barn To Wire - that's a fact, so get over it !   trotter  TC
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »

Posted by TC:

Sorry Charlie, but the bulk of the "crap" on this #1 forum in all harness racing comes from trolls such as yourself.

Dream on, TC...  Roll Eyes

Watch your own "spewing" and when you talk some harness racing instead of your usual unhealthy fix on the # 1 poster here, it'll be a better place to be certain.

"unhealthy fix"?  Grin  I haven't bothered Dan in months... in fact, I started the thread wishing Dan a happy birthday... a thread that you obviously couldn't be bothered to add anything to.  Shocked

You are in a position to demand NOTHING.  No troll has any rights on Barn To Wire - that's a fact, so get over it ! 

I didn't "demand" a damn thing... what were you reading? Must have been something one of your other "fans" wrote...  Grin

And I doubt anyone but you, and a few of your flunky "supporters" considers me a Troll. You are clueless, TC.

TC= "Total Crap"
Perry Mutuel

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2006, 10:25:53 PM »

TC is part of the vocal minority.  I personally know of DOZENS who really liked Scott as an announcer.  I'm not going to knock the other announcers because they all try hard and obviously love their job.  But Scott is a cut above most.  Despite what TC says.

I'm surprised TC is so hot to trot about Ehrlich.  He usually makes perfect sense even when I disagree with his opinion.  Must be something personal.  Or maybe all the smoke at Balmoral is finally getting to him.  COUGH   COUGH
Richard Breth

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »

Sorry Charlie, but the bulk of the "crap" on this #1 forum in all harness racing comes from trolls such as yourself. 

Disagree. Bulk of crap is things as TC daily spew of *** fight against Scott Ehrlich. Like being restrained in chairs with eyes pinned open. Forced to watch one side from bad lover quarells of fat ugly white trash girls.
Richard Breth

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2006, 10:32:10 PM »

I'm surprised TC is so hot to trot about Ehrlich.  He usually makes perfect sense even when I disagree with his opinion.  Must be something personal. 

Good observation Perry. Some times I beleive over 2/3 troubles of BTW forum are do to one table of goofs from Balmoral club house and there little girls personal *** fights with other people of Chicago harness racing.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 10:25:32 AM »

Good observation Perry. Some times I beleive over 2/3 troubles of BTW forum are do to one table of goofs from Balmoral club house and there little girls personal *** fights with other people of Chicago harness racing.

Richard:

Sometimes you make very interesting points on the forum, however the above post is not one of them.  Your observation about 2/3rds of BTW troubles being a table of goofs in incorrect and off base. 

The troubles on the #1 harness forum in the country is due to 2/3rds of the trolls that Janine allows the opportunity to bash, aggravate, and provoke in-forum fights.  The trolls do this because they are able to hide their identity and post lies, rumors and innuendos without anyone ever knowing whom they are and not have to worry about having to face the people they have berated.

Think about it for a moment; there are many posters on this site that do not sign their real names, but they let the other forum members know who they are through posting under their initials or some kind of other method.  I'll use EW an example, or even TC for that matter.  Now most of the forum does not know these guys real names, but they do know whom they are or where to find them.  This adds credence and validity to their posts, would you not agree? 

I can certainly understand someone not wanting to post under their real name for whatever reason, but wouldn't initials or some sort of nickname suffice, especially if you were being critical or had a strong opinion to offer about someone?

Take yourself for example.  Now why would you want to register under a filthy name like you did and then expect to have readers give validity to your posts?  If someone thinks about it for a minute, your screen name Dick Breth was done to intentionally piss people off or to take a jab at the gay community.  You can't have it both ways.  I understand if you want to remain anonymous but then you can't expect your post to receive the very same validity as one whose identity is known.

It's just the way society thinks.  It's like a person that complains about something, yet never wants to address the problem with the person that can correct it.  Do you understand what I'm trying to say?  I have always said that if I make a mistake and you are bothered by it, come up to me like a man and let me know who you are, how it affected you and give me the chance to correct it.  But if you run around talking behind a persons back and posting under a troll name on BTW, true or not, the problem will never get corrected because the person has no idea who the person posting is and how it affected them. You are not allowing a person the opportunity to make things right because they don't know who the hell you are and if you're serious or not.  This line of thinking is political in nature but you have to give one an opportunity to make things right by validating who you are or else things will remain the same...like this forum and its content.   

It's a matter of common sense and courtesy, in my opinion, if you are going to post on a forum, (especially BTW) that MUST be some way to know if a poster is pulling your leg or just starting nonsense...and the only way to do that is by knowing the identity of the poster you are talking to. Otherwise, their post and opinion means absolutely nothing because people will start shit just to get a rise out of others, as we have seen so many times on this forum. I believe that everyone has a voice and an identity, and with those two things comes validity, it can’t be any other way.  Just my opinion and as always, open for debate.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras 

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Richard Breth

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2006, 01:24:19 PM »

Richard:

Sometimes you make very interesting points on the forum, however the above post is not one of them.  Your observation about 2/3rds of BTW troubles being a table of goofs in incorrect and off base.

Just my opinion and as always, open for debate.

Disagree with you Joe. Think about it. Tens thousands of posts. Many hunderds of troll posters. Includes yours. All spin offs from few little girls *** fights that estemmed posters fight in public forum. "Dakuras versus Tom Wendt". "Dakuras versus John Johnston". "Dakuras versus IRB." "TC versus Scott Ehrlich." "TC versus Tom Wendt." "TC versus Tony Morgan." Add "Dan Nance versus the world." Two years. The same little *** fights. One table of goofs and there goof freind from Las Vegas trolling *** fight posts to make other fights. Bottom cause of imense per cent of forum problems.

rest of your post was funny. No one cares for 2 thousand word playpen law opinion from estemmed goofs for what posters are credible. People read and make up there own minds thay dont need know it all estemmed goofs tell them.
Petro

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2006, 02:27:59 PM »

I was wondering if anybody caught Peter's call in the last race at Hawthorne last night!!!

"cooking up a wicked brew on the outisde" 

(Ryan Anderson on Jokers Jackpot)

GREAT CALL, SOUNDED JUST LIKE OLD GIL LEVINE!!!!!!!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2006, 05:23:58 PM »

Disagree with you Joe. Think about it. Tens thousands of posts. Many hunderds of troll posters. Includes yours. All spin offs from few little girls *** fights that estemmed posters fight in public forum. "Dakuras versus Tom Wendt". "Dakuras versus John Johnston". "Dakuras versus IRB." "TC versus Scott Ehrlich." "TC versus Tom Wendt." "TC versus Tony Morgan." Add "Dan Nance versus the world." Two years. The same little *** fights. One table of goofs and there goof freind from Las Vegas trolling *** fight posts to make other fights. Bottom cause of imense per cent of forum problems.

rest of your post was funny. No one cares for 2 thousand word playpen law opinion from estemmed goofs for what posters are credible. People read and make up there own minds thay dont need know it all estemmed goofs tell them.

Richard:

I guess that we'll never see eye to eye on this one, huh?  Just like now, I have no idea who you are and even if you're serious or not.  That is my point.  How the hell can anyone be sure if a person is serious or not when you are talking with a troll?  At least if you knew the person by their initials or nickname, you could have a decent conversation with them.

You have to hand it to a poster that lets others know who they are and what they stand for.  It’s the adult thing to do.  A poster that allows others to know who they are, puts themselves out there, on the edge.  That is why you see so many trolls who are the first to post something about that person, but scared to death that folks will find out who they are.  What kind of person is that?

When people try to answer a question or post of yours, what the hell are they supposed to think, I'm talking to a Dick Breth? That is not normal and you know it.  Come on Rich be reasonable.

I never believed it before but TC is right on.  Trolls have no voice, validity or existence on this planet.  Just my opinion.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up