Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 07:19:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does anyone think javier castallano has alot of regret?  (Read 926 times)
journalstuff

Ignore
« on: February 26, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »

am sure he's feeling alot of regret jumping off union rags and guess what he won the fountain of youth. it was a risky move castallano made. julien leparoux might be sitting on the favorite for the derby again.
Report to moderator   Logged
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 06:58:08 PM »

Not at all.  He took off last year's best 2yo and the likely Derby favorite to get on the flavor of the week, and then the flavor of the week got knocked off the Derby trail.  I'm sure he's fine with that. (Sarcasm fully intended.)

The more interesting question is why he did it in the first place.  Was he that completely seduced by a big race on a bad track, or does Pletcher just have that much more pull than Matz?
Chris Szulc

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 07:23:04 PM »

The more interesting question is why he did it in the first place.  Was he that completely seduced by a big race on a bad track, or does Pletcher just have that much more pull than Matz?

Future business for Pletcher won him over than just Union Rags. Big mistake IMO anyway.
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »

I agree on both counts.
bello

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

It was about appeasing Pletcher. He has become Pletchers #2 jock and that is a strong spot to be in.

Does he have regret, I am sure, he is human. Would he make the same decision if it were to happen again, which it will, you betcha. Much brighter future as the #2 jock to the mammoth Pletcher stable that the very good, but very small Matz stable.
Alpha Mare
Global Moderator

OYE VEY!!!!

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 09:02:15 PM »

It was about appeasing Pletcher. He has become Pletchers #2 jock and that is a strong spot to be in.

Does he have regret, I am sure, he is human. Would he make the same decision if it were to happen again, which it will, you betcha. Much brighter future as the #2 jock to the mammoth Pletcher stable that the very good, but very small Matz stable.

thumbs up totally agree......many more chances to ride precocious 2 yr olds n older stakes horses with the pletcher barn cause he has the numbers....

Absolutely amazing.......s.m.h.....
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 10:49:35 PM »

it was a business move he made
pezz97

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 09:16:39 AM »

it was a business move he made
I am confused, you said in your first post that you bet he is feeling a lot of regret. Now you are saying it is a business decision. Which Is it or did you just feel the need to add another post to your thread?
HarnessFanDE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »

When the Derby comes around and Castellano is still on the 2nd best Pletcher (whatever his name may be) He will be in with a chance.....And he will potentially be in the next 10 derbies.....I dont think Matz will be......Hell in 2012.....Matz is 50/50 to make this one the way horses fall out

SHOWTIME!!!
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 11:20:36 AM »

am sure he's feeling alot of regret jumping off union rags

Do you ever wonder if Wally Pipp regrets getting beaned in batting practice, and losing his spot as the Yankees 1st basemen? I ponder it incessantly...every day, since 1925.
Epsom Derby

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »

Do you ever wonder if Wally Pipp regrets getting beaned in batting practice, and losing his spot as the Yankees 1st basemen? I ponder it incessantly...every day, since 1925.

Wow. And I thought my "what would have become of Ray Fosse?" was quite the burden to bare.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 02:40:22 PM »

Wow. And I thought my "what would have become of Ray Fosse?" was quite the burden to bare.

Whether intentional, or whether you meant to use it's homophone -- this was much funnier!

Thanks for the laugh!
coldpunch

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 03:29:09 PM »

Matz runs a small operation--so choosing Pletcher was a business decision considering the future money to be made and not necesssarily a reflection on who JJ thought was a better horse

to answer the original question--NO--i dont think JJ regrets his decision and would do it again--hindsight is better than 20-20

If Algorithms is healthy and wins by 10--is there a thread saying how brilliant a move it was?
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67704/algorithms-injured-off-derby-trail

castallano has to be regretting it now!!
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »

Wasn't that at least semi-obvious back on Saturday?  Even if he just popped the splint, it was going to be pretty hard to get the Derby.
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 10:44:56 PM »

Wait.

So...when you opened this most marginal of threads, you didn't know that Algorithms was injured?

Really?

My original advice to you stand: FAR more time reading and learning, and much less posting. You're too green, kid.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 10:48:55 PM »

So a KID who comes on BTW to post and learn gets slapped down all the time?  Let him LEARN gently.  He is getting it. He is INTO horse racing, which you all say we NEED. 
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »

So a KID who comes on BTW to post and learn gets slapped down all the time?  Let him LEARN gently.  He is getting it. He is INTO horse racing, which you all say we NEED. 

Come on, Pam, stop sticking up for him. He isn't even reading the trades. That's pretty basic stuff, if you are really INTO horse racing.

He comes here to start what are essentially gossip threads. This is a horse racing forum, not "The View".
pezz97

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2012, 12:52:51 AM »

Wait.

So...when you opened this most marginal of threads, you didn't know that Algorithms was injured?

Really?

My original advice to you stand: FAR more time reading and learning, and much less posting. You're too green, kid.
beer beer

And he still has the ride on El Padrino for who? Oh Yeah Pletcher.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:11:29 AM by pezz97 » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2012, 03:06:21 PM »

Come on, Pam, stop sticking up for him. He isn't even reading the trades. That's pretty basic stuff, if you are really INTO horse racing.

He comes here to start what are essentially gossip threads. This is a horse racing forum, not "The View".

If anyone is guilty in making this forum sound like "The View" it's you and the ones you are always arguing with.  Over and over and over again.  Just like women!
pezz97

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:15 AM »

After watching Gemologist yesterday, I would say Javier will be just fine for the derby. Very Impressive yesterday.
journalstuff

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2012, 01:12:26 PM »

lets see what happens next to the horse off that win
Wings

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »

If you ride for Pletcher you will make money, early fast runners are great for the bank account, but his triple crown record is ABYSMAL.  I guess it's a case of money vs. prestige and money won.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2012, 02:31:40 PM »

"DANGER, GEMOLOGIST AND EL PADRINO... DANGER... DANGER!!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: