Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 11:30:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mi-harness  (Read 587 times)
wilderness

Ignore
« on: February 25, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »

The website is completely reactivated and functioning with 531 pages.
http://www.mi-harness.net/

I've still some minor cleaning up to do, and there may be some errors in links.
I do need to coordinate the menu links, however they currently function fine.

The HOF section needs recent additions of past few years, and I've no clue when I'll get to this.
The SBreds/Memorial section at 125 pages needs updating for all the obits that I've archived (old periodicals) from the past four years (easily doubling the current number), and I've no clue when I'll get to this.

BOTH the Memorial section and the HOF sections function in FRAMES and require extensive use of your browsers BACK button to remain focused. Many people won't enjoy this method of navigating the website sections, however the method best suits the needs of these pages.

There are going to be access errors (denied access) for some visitors (I'm still having issues with the complicated server file, which takes time and visitors to resolve).
 If your denied access, than you should contact me privately and explore the possibility of a solution.

FWIW, this website and its former sister site contained many more pages and perhaps 3,000 or more commercial and/or information links.
 ALL this have been removed.
 The only way that I'll considering adding commercial links to this current site or its new sister site will be based upon payment. I may make exceptions for some longtime devotees or friends.

There are icon links to multiple industry orgs.

The search engines (at least the major ones) will eventually list these reactivated pages and their contents.
 Currently, Yahoo seems to have been the most beneficial and quickest to add. In the past, MSN/Bing made the fastest additions, however Google always offered the slowest however most extensive additions.
 These additions to the search engines will simply take time.

Many thanks for your patronage.
Report to moderator   Logged

Regards Don
wizard78

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 05:46:03 PM »

Congrats and good luck  trophy
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 07:58:58 PM »

Having trouble opening this for some reason, W.   Sad
wizard78

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »

Having trouble opening this for some reason, W.   Sad

I thought it was just me
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 08:10:26 PM »

The annoying thing is that I think I had clicked onto this site some time back and found some good stuff about the great Count Kef.  Give it a look, W...
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 11:09:39 PM »

There are going to be access errors (denied access) for some visitors (I'm still having issues with the complicated server file, which takes time and visitors to resolve).
 If your denied access, than you should contact me privately and explore the possibility of a solution.

Posting to the forum is definitely the same as private Wink

Regards Don
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2012, 01:00:30 AM »

The annoying thing is that I think I had clicked onto this site some time back and found some good stuff about the great Count Kef.  Give it a look, W...

If by "some time back" you mean pre-2010, than this was online previously, however all these obits in the Memorial section were formerly located on this sites sister-site (COM).

Donald E. Koepfgen obit

In addition and within my archived materials there's a 1973 Mi-HHA article on Count Kef, also the 1974 USTA Handbook had a bio on Count Kef.

The only image I've of Count Kef is displayed on the Koepfgen obit page, however I'm sure other pics exist of the horse somewhere within the harness racing community.

Regards Don
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 08:30:41 AM »

Yeah, it was well back in the day.  I can access the Koepfgen obit readily, but the new site is still inaccessible to my 'puter, though oddly when you first got it up and running I got right on without a problem.  Sad
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2012, 09:19:55 AM »

I can access the Koepfgen obit readily, but the new site is still inaccessible to my 'puter,

Umh!
The Koepfgen is on the new (reactivated) site.

though oddly when you first got it up and running I got right on without a problem.  Sad

Perhaps your one of the "bad guys" Wink

Regards Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: