Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 11:32:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisemen Dad teaching his Daughter  (Read 1007 times)
fuzzypants

Ignore
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:29:26 PM »

I'm one who loves to watch horse jog train and just watch their way of going and they way a horse is handled much like a rail bird.

On quite a few occasion I have watched Wisemen teaching his young daughter how drive. Now if any of you know them you cant miss them she is a spitting image of her Father. But what touched my heart is watching the Father holding his little girl and her hands in his  holding the lines together with him gently guiding her to feel and jog a horse. I only wish more had this kind of relationship with their children in this sport its in the genes.
Really wish I had a camera of those moments to share instead of just the picture in my heart.
As I sat back and watched I noticed this beautiful Mother of the little girl standing alone with this big smile on her face.
Very nice family Kathy and Steve and the little Wisenhimer. Well I would like to think they are grooming her for the future someday.
Now we've had a few Father son drivers out here.
But I have hopes someday they will be the first Father daughter drivers I'm  always full of hope.
By the way the Mother is an impeccable horsemen who has saved the life of quite a few horses and returned them to racing sometimes illness sometimes injury. but the Lady does it. I have never once ever heard her say a bad word about any one in racing and I know for a fact she helped other women horsemen when they were carrying babies or in foal sorta speak.
Very nice family.
Report to moderator   Logged

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
TAURUS BOMBER

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »

I'm one who loves to watch horse jog train and just watch their way of going and they way a horse is handled much like a rail bird.

On quite a few occasion I have watched Wisemen teaching his young daughter how drive. Now if any of you know them you cant miss them she is a spitting image of her Father. But what touched my heart is watching the Father holding his little girl and her hands in his  holding the lines together with him gently guiding her to feel and jog a horse. I only wish more had this kind of relationship with their children in this sport its in the genes.
Really wish I had a camera of those moments to share instead of just the picture in my heart.
As I sat back and watched I noticed this beautiful Mother of the little girl standing alone with this big smile on her face.
Very nice family Kathy and Steve and the little Wisenhimer. Well I would like to think they are grooming her for the future someday.
Now we've had a few Father son drivers out here.
But I have hopes someday they will be the first Father daughter drivers I'm  always full of hope.
By the way the Mother is an impeccable horsemen who has saved the life of quite a few horses and returned them to racing sometimes illness sometimes injury. but the Lady does it. I have never once ever heard her say a bad word about any one in racing and I know for a fact she helped other women horsemen when they were carrying babies or in foal sorta speak.
Very nice family.

heart thumbs up
BabyFireFly

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »

Great story Fuzzy! Wish we saw more of that out here!
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 04:56:51 PM »

i just want all you to know these post are the things I see that I feel people forget about the real lives of horsemen and they just think these guys  set around but not true they have passions and family and a love of horses and talent even if they dont race at big tracks and make millions. Seems like people never want to see the good any more only make up and try to twist things into cheating and just not the real world of harness racing.
This kind of things I see in my eyes is the real world of harness racing.

jks best

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 06:23:56 PM »

Fuzzy i saw B KS Stiff in the pocket. I thought you might get it all.
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 06:29:15 PM »

Todd Warren And Tabitha Cannar
David abd Devon Miller

Youe wish has come true.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 06:43:57 PM »

Fuzzy i saw B KS Stiff in the pocket. I thought you might get it all.
was sure screaming my head off.
He raced well nice to see Wojo handle him so nice. I must say in the qualifier on his comeback with Wisemen he looked just as awesome and real sharp.
Thankyou I was sure wishing but Stiffler has all ready won a race and I did promise him if he won a race i would find him some mystery dates and so at the end of this month he has some dates lined up hes going to think hes a Muslim that went to heaven and is blessed with 20 virgins. I want the hansom little gentlemen to have it all. Farm life city life and lots of ladies for the player. the little horse deserves it never had a horse with so much heart. His siblings may have better race records but their is know way they ever had to over come all the things Bk's Stiff (aka Captain Casanova ) has.

Watching him is what has opened my eyes to so many other lives and and the in-credable dedication and perseverance families like the Wisemen have gone thru.

looking in

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:26 PM »

Bruce Nickells and his daughter Brooke are the most successful team driving that I can think of.
Bruce   1,535 wins   $6,193,481
Lauren B. Nickells  236 wins   $1,946,970

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
Rockstar Gambler

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:28 AM »

Excellent thread Fuzzypants. Your passion for Harness racing and the people involved is absolutely commendable!!!
Sea Biscuit

Member Since Dec 17-2006

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 07:07:28 AM »

The dream has already come true for Amber Lancaster and her trainer/driver father Tim Brown.

Make room on that Yellow Brick Road, Dorothy. Move over, Cinderella. Another young lady is primed to live out her childhood fantasy that becomes a reality this Friday night at Fraser Downs.

Amber Lancaster, 22, makes her debut as a full-fledged, professional harness racing driver Friday night after years of preparation, which included mucking stalls as a teenage groom, acquiring trainerís status after a grueling two-year program, and finally gaining approval from a panel of judges following a successful series of qualifying races.

Lancaster, a part-time professional model and product of Kwantlen College in Langley, BC has three drives Friday night, and will get right at it with her official debut in Race 1 which smacks of 'Entertainment Tonight' television material.

Lancaster will be in the sulky behind a five-year-old mare named Black Sierra, who just happens to be trained by her stepfather, Tim Brown, a perennial top-rated trainer and driver at Fraser Downs.

Her second drive will come in Race 7 behind Red Star Stella, trained by 81-year-old track legend Ray Gemmill. The irony here is that Gemmill broke Amber in as a 16-year-old groom when she would take great delight in getting to the backstretch at the crack of dawn and have her adoring mentorís first cup of coffee brewed upon his arrival.

Lancasterís eventful evening will conclude with her drive behind Hi Ho Serenade for trainer Murray Balbar in the 11th and last race on the card.

http://www.standardbredcanada.ca/notices/12-8-11/lancaster-make-driving-debut.html

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 07:12:17 AM by Sea Biscuit » Report to moderator   Logged
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2012, 07:24:18 PM »

Excellent thread Fuzzypants. Your passion for Harness racing and the people involved is absolutely commendable!!!
Thank you Rockstar I just wish more would post about the things they see in everyday life and the passion other share for this beautiful art of harness racing. Is is an Art and a Gift that the cream of the crop will rise and shine.

Sea Biscut I Love You great excellent and these are the kind of things myself and fans need to hear and see the devotion and love we share of this breed of horse. bowing

vegas jay

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 06:01:27 AM »

Todd Warren And Tabitha Cannar
David abd Devon Miller

Youe wish has come true.
Is Tabitha Cannar Todd Warren's daughter?
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 07:35:27 AM »

Is Tabitha Cannar Todd Warren's daughter?
yes

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
nextbonus

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 03:11:01 AM »

I knew Steve a little bit 18 years ago when he worked for Joe Anderson.  He was always friendly, polite and a very hard worker. 

He drove Next Bonus for us in his first USA qualifier at Hawthorne and also in a pari-mutuel race at Balmoral when it was a 5/8ths track.  Steve was in the sulky with Pacific Flight when she won her qually at Spoirtsman's after arriving from New Zealand.

I'm very happy to see him doing so well. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: