Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 28, 2014, 08:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the USTA blind, stupid, in denial or all three?  (Read 1437 times)
Farmington Flash

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:53 PM »

I can't read their "stories" anymore. Are they purposely shoving certain ongoings up everyone's rear? They wonder why people laugh at this business...
Report to moderator   Logged
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 05:01:44 PM »

I can't read their "stories" anymore. Are they purposely shoving certain ongoings up everyone's rear? They wonder why people laugh at this business...

Agreed.
TAURUS BOMBER

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 05:47:26 PM »

ALL   THREE
TAURUS BOMBER

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 05:53:56 PM »

laugh  you  say

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
harrylare

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:48:50 PM »

Like a friend of mine said in an email " USTA lives in the Land of Oz with the Wizard"

wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:45:40 PM »

Believe the following is for reporting difficulties:

Maintained online by webmaster@ustrotting.com

Regards Don
harrylare

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:26:45 PM »

Geez! Why didn't I think of that? doh
Yes, please email The USTA i'm sure your voice matters to them. laughing guy
Worst Association, etc. i've ever seen that can't take one ounce of criticism.
Don't forget send them a Bouquet of Roses.

JuiceJunkies

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »

THEY JUST IGNORE ANYTHING SENT TO THEM NEGATIVE.

IF YOU SEND THEM PRAISE THEY ALWAYS REPLY.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »

Have your rose hanging Wink

can't take one ounce of criticism.

The staff is under a gag rue, thus fire away. None of them will be here to oppose your criticism, course your aware of that.

Ron Fabiano is the webmaster and is spread pretty thin.
 He appreciates all the feedback and heads up for website issue.
 He doesn't always respond, but that doesn't mean he doesn't read it.

Regards Don
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:24 PM »

The people that run the USTA are living back in the 50's, and they think that harness racing is still all about the family bringing a picnic basket to the fairgrounds and drinking cider while they watch Uncle Ned rig up the family pet and race him to a win in 2:12 4/5.
They are clueless to the state of racing today and as long as they get a paycheck out there in Columbus, they seem to be content.
Fiddle while Rome burns?
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »

Vic,
     The people that run the USTA are the approximate 60+ elected directors.

That 8-10 times the board size of almost any large corporation in North America. Talk about representation overkill.

The employees that carry out the daily functions, are at the bequest of same directors and/or membership. And. . .despite the constantly declining membership, the director numbers remain constant by charter, which doesn't exactly make sense.

Regards Don
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 05:10:14 AM »

I use USTA to check entries and whatnut, but my biggest complaint with them is death notices on page 1. Its really depressing popping on USTA, i feel like i'm reading the obits. Stick a 'death page' somewhere in the back for those of you who love reading about that sort of thing...i dont like it being forced to read about dead people. nothing personal, its just not my thing.
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »

Vic,
     The people that run the USTA are the approximate 60+ elected directors.

That 8-10 times the board size of almost any large corporation in North America. Talk about representation overkill.

The employees that carry out the daily functions, are at the bequest of same directors and/or membership. And. . .despite the constantly declining membership, the director numbers remain constant by charter, which doesn't exactly make sense.

Didn't know how many were involved, I'm out of touch with that.
I was an owner in the mid 90's for a few years..
I had a problem with a driver/trainer at Vernon Downs. I shipped a horse up there and after the usual lack of success, the horse disappeared. Literally.
This trainer forged my name on the ownership papers. Was only a $4k claimer, but still.....
Now I want the money or the horse and was getting neither. A clear case of fraud.
I call USTA, because my other remedy was to choke this guy on his farm.
They tell me that fraud is hard to prove, they need to hear both sides of the story etc.
That was when I decided to get out of the business. 4 horses out of 5 that lost money was enough for me..And to deal with people like this at USTA was insulting.
They appear to be a bunch of old farts who could give a shit about anything other than a paycheck.
As a sidenote, I did get about 30 seconds worth of satisfaction with my fists in the parking lot @ Yonkers in 1997. It cost me 4 grand, but I bet his medical bills were at least that much..
He still drives today at Vernon, but he is not a big player there. Is a second generation scumbag horseman up there. If I wish ball cancer on him, is that too harsh?
BabyFireFly

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2012, 07:21:33 AM »

Didn't know how many were involved, I'm out of touch with that.
I was an owner in the mid 90's for a few years..
I had a problem with a driver/trainer at Vernon Downs. I shipped a horse up there and after the usual lack of success, the horse disappeared. Literally.
This trainer forged my name on the ownership papers. Was only a $4k claimer, but still.....
Now I want the money or the horse and was getting neither. A clear case of fraud.
I call USTA, because my other remedy was to choke this guy on his farm.
They tell me that fraud is hard to prove, they need to hear both sides of the story etc.
That was when I decided to get out of the business. 4 horses out of 5 that lost money was enough for me..And to deal with people like this at USTA was insulting.
They appear to be a bunch of old farts who could give a shit about anything other than a paycheck.
As a sidenote, I did get about 30 seconds worth of satisfaction with my fists in the parking lot @ Yonkers in 1997. It cost me 4 grand, but I bet his medical bills were at least that much..
He still drives today at Vernon, but he is not a big player there. Is a second generation scumbag horseman up there. If I wish ball cancer on him, is that too harsh?

Wow. Just WOW.
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2012, 07:32:11 AM »

Vic,
      The USTA staff has changed tremendously since the 90's and even more tremendously since the 60's and 70's (when nearly all data was managed by hand).

A more effective procedure (at least in reflection) would have been to contact your local director and let him initiate the proceedings.

Some of the stuff for hearings that I read in these old periodicals is almost comical.

Regards Don
VicD

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 07:33:54 AM »

For the sake of anyone wanting to own a horse today, I hope you are correct..
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 07:51:49 PM »

Where's whatsisname to point out  -- incorrectly, of course-- that the USTA is Only A Record-Keeping Organization?  Cheesy
JuiceJunkies

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »

Where's whatsisname to point out  -- incorrectly, of course-- that the USTA is Only A Record-Keeping Organization?  Cheesy

Maybe softball meetings.
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 09:32:32 AM »

I think im going to head to USTA now, i wanna see which old people died.

Its the highlight of my morning, you can always count on USTA to have front page news of old dead people.

RIP
wilderness

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 11:31:59 AM »

Didn't want you to miss the following from the Feb 18, 1932 Trotter and Pacer:

C. A. Harrison Dead
TOO late for publication in the issue of last week was received the news of the death of C. A. Harrison. which suddenly occurred on February 7, following a heart attack. Mr. Harrison must have been in the seventies, yet up to the end was actively interested in the trotting sport, as he had been for years as a breeder and owner.
THE TROTTER AND PACER joins his many friends in expressing to his family our sincere sympathy in Mr. Harrison's passing. He had taken a kindly interest in this, magazine and from time to time had graciously sent articles to us for publication. He was a booster for harness horse interests on the Pacific Coast, where lie will be sorely missed.

Many at Balliet Funeral
Allentown, Pa., Feb. 9.
THE funeral this afternoon of Dr. A. H. Balliet was one of the most largely attended ever held in this city. Dr. Balliet was as popular a citizen as Allentown ever had. Not only was lie a leader among the horsemen and fair men, but he was active in civic enterprises, in church work, in charity, and in business. At one time he was one of the leading fancy poultry breeders of the country.
Realizing that he would probably not live through the winter, Dr. Balliet wrote out instructions for his burial, naming his pallbearers, a few weeks before his death. He chose Dr. Robert F. Good, Marcus E. Good, John Dagler, Jonathan I. Krum, Abbott S. Weibel, Fred Doll, Harry F. Smith and Ray Brown. Mr. Dagler was for many years trainer of Dr. Balliet's horses. Dr. Good and Messrs. Krum and Good were associates on the speed committee of the Allentown Fair, during the period when Dr. Balliet was at the helm as president. Messrs. Smith, Doll and Brown were business associates in the A. H. Balliet Corporation, one of the largest cigarbox ill manufacturing  ring concerns in the world.
The funeral was attended by many horsemen and fair men from other cities. The delegation from Reading included A. S. Deysher, W. Harry Orr, Sol Brumbach, Hi Hoffer, Al Kline and Harry Corbin. Telegrams were also received from many horsemen voicing their grief at the death of one of the loyalest in their ranks.

Allie DeRose Dead
Springfield, Mass., Feb. 11.
A LBERT DEROSE, widely known New England owner and trainer, died at his home in West Springfield on Sunday morning, February 7. Allie, as be was usually called, was never of rugged health but death came unexpectedly from a heart attack. He was buried yesterday morning with a requiem high mass at St. Louis Church. He is survived by his wife Mrs. Bessie Dillon DeRose, and several brothers and sisters.
Mr. DeRose always raced at the fairs and usually had a horse or two entered through the Bay State Circuit. He also conducted the Central Riding Academy at the Eastern States Exposition grounds. He was noted for his genial, sunny disposition and courteous manner One of the horses he campaigned successfully was Minnie Edgewood.

Regards Don
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 11:41:20 AM »

Thanks Wilderness!

Its always a good thing to log onto a horse racing website for horse racing information and be greeted by pain, depression and death instead.

Shocked

Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »

But don't forget those unending and oh-so-exciting publicity stories about the likes of gruff but twinkly-eyed, 417-year-old trainer Abner Myers, Sr., and his brave little stable of two twinkly-eyed, exciting, action-packed Ohio-bred trotters that he races in 2:18 at the action-packed, exciting, Circleville, Ohio fair!!! 

And to think that people have been turning away from harness racing...  Angry
hungry

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 12:25:54 PM »

But don't forget those unending and oh-so-exciting publicity stories about the likes of gruff but twinkly-eyed, 417-year-old trainer Abner Myers, Sr., and his brave little stable of two twinkly-eyed, exciting, action-packed Ohio-bred trotters that he races in 2:18 at the action-packed, exciting, Circleville, Ohio fair!!! 

And to think that people have been turning away from harness racing...  Angry

95% of ustrotting's readers are 60+ year old men with health problems. We all know that old men with health problems favorite pasttime is reading the obits, USTA feeds right into that part of their day.

Wake up in the morning, grab coffee and a doughnut and crack open the obits/usta........great way to start the day!
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »

A former poster here actually got them to write an innaresting story about an underpublicized midwestern star pacer.  Otherwise the press releases range from
eye-glazing to sleep-inducing. 

"He's a nice horse," said the twinkly-eyed, action-packed, exciting native of action-packed, exciting Puslinch, Ontario. Wink 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: