Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 01:21:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: would you or wouldnt you ?  (Read 504 times)
tammysinnett

Ignore
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »

Give me your opinion on this baby, and if you think investing in him to come to Illinois would be worth taking 

http://www.pedigreequery.com/gaelic+aire
Report to moderator   Logged
HorseVoice*

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »

Decent bloodlines. Gramps (Seeking The Gold) was an excellent sire.

I dunno. So close to racing (being a 2 year old) that I think conformation and 1 - 2 furlong breeze times / stride length analysis are needed to properly evaluate this one.

Got any pictures?
runninfool

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:28:32 PM »

Did any of his brothers/sisters race?
jgp

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:31:28 PM »

Great pedagree, but how much  dollar for your investment?  Sire is in Ven. now, first crop is 4, 5 winners from 15.  Unraced brood with 5 winners from 10 foals, but no standouts.  I personally am not a fan of unraced broods.  If you can afford for this horse to never step foot on the track, go for it.  But if you want a chance to not lose money, play the claiming game.
Just my opinion though
faster horses

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »

Would not, at least unless it's a really athletic looking horse and a good mover.  There's not much pedigree there, so the individual has to really look like a racehorse to make this a decent bet.  Remember what it costs to keep a horse in training--$20-30K a year, once you include training, vet, shoeing, shipping, etc.  You can buy a pretty decent yearling for the price of a couple of years' training bills.

Cheap horses are really expensive in the long run.  Better to get together with a bunch of people, put together a partnership, and buy something better.

Or, as jgp says, you can claim a ready-made racehorse.  There's less upside going that way, but also less downside, since you have a pretty good idea of what you're getting.  At least you should have some immediate cash flow.
tammysinnett

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 01:49:28 PM »

Thankyou everyone for your imput, I guess in the years on this board has taught me something....everything you said was where my head was thinking. I do have some pics of him and if anyone is willing to take the chance get ahold of me...the girl really needs to sell...and I will put you in touch. Thankyou once more for guiding me in this sport...love horse racing someday maybe I will feel the winners circle  crossedfingers

Sorry its been so long still trying to remember how to post a pic..... bang head
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: