Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:01:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hansen Time!  (Read 2618 times)
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: February 03, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »

Yeah, they do that a lot with replays, just to f*** guys up.   doh

Relax.
Are they precision instruments?  More likely they're just made to record an image. They could be off a full second or more for all you know.  doh

And how do you know the winos the TG or Sheets get to clock by hand and record wind and so on in exchange for free sheets actually did an accurate job?

Seriously ?   laughing guy

Or, Pete gave you another option, Trakus.

Did I question the accuracy of trakus?   head shake   If GPS is good enuf for the next generation of air traffic control, it's good enuf for the trak since, unlike off-the-shelf  cameras,  it's probably,  calibrated.
Report to moderator   Logged

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
honest & balanced terry
formerly plain old clockerterry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2012, 07:21:18 PM »

Relax.
Are they precision instruments?  More likely they're just made to record an image. They could be off a full second or more for all you know.  doh

And so could the official timer, and so could anyone timing by hand, and so on.

Seriously ?   laughing guy

Yes seriously. I've met several of these sheets "local ground" guys.

By the way our own clockerbob really was a clocker back in the day.

Did I question the accuracy of trakus?

No, that was just another option if you doubt the films.

I'll tell you though, who really knows the time, and the accurate ground loss, and the real wind speed at critical points in the race, and the true track variant for each and every race - God.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:23:12 PM by honest & balanced terry » Report to moderator   Logged

"There are no $7500 maiden claimers, state-bred or otherwise, at Arlington."
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:10 PM »

And so could the official timer, and so could anyone timing by hand, and so on.

Yes seriously. I've met several of these sheets "local ground" guys.

By the way our own clockerbob really was a clocker back in the day.

No, that was just another option if you doubt the films.

I'll tell you though, who really knows the time, and the accurate ground loss, and the real wind speed at critical points in the race, and the true track variant for each and every race - God.

Well, Terry if you talk to and hear voices from God, ,, I don't know about that.  Cheesy
I suggest you rely on Trakus, if you must rely on a machine, since cameras might not be calibrated.

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »

Well, Terry if you talk to and hear voices from God, ,, I don't know about that.  Cheesy

I didn't say I did. I just said He's the guy who truly knows these things. And, if you're not talking to Him yourself, you probably don't actually know the true answers, but are just guesstimating like everyone else. Maybe guesstimating differently, but still guesstimating. That's what all fig making is.

I suggest you rely on Trakus, if you must rely on a machine, since cameras might not be calibrated.

How would you know the Trakus numbers are truly accurate, since the military blurs the GPS signals by as much as 30 meters? Assuming Trakus really ran off GPS. I thought they installed all their own receivers around the track.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2012, 07:57:31 PM »

I didn't say I did. I just said He's the guy who truly knows these things. And, if you're not talking to Him yourself, you probably don't actually know the true answers, but are just guesstimating like everyone else. Maybe guesstimating differently, but still guesstimating. That's what all fig making is.

How would you know the Trakus numbers are truly accurate, since the military blurs the GPS signals by as much as 30 meters? Assuming Trakus really ran off GPS. I thought they installed all their own receivers around the track.

Trakus is a proprietary global (comprehensive) positioning system, operating on a small scale, mfr by trakus inc. 30 globally positioned  antenaes surrounding the race track receive radio signals from transmitters attached to the horse and rider. These signals are fed into a computer which calculates speed and location and other variables.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:18:42 PM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:50 PM »

Trakus is a proprietary global (comprehensive) positioning system, operating on a small scale, mfr by trakus inc. 30 globally positioned  antenaes surrounding the race track receive radio signals from transmitters attached to the horse and rider. These signals are fed into a computer which calculates speed and location and other variables.

How can it be a "global" positioning system if the antennae are only around one local racetrack?

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2012, 08:38:21 PM »

How can it be a "global" positioning system if the antennae are only around one local racetrack?

Semantics.  Replace the word "global" with it's alternate definition, "comprehensive".

Trakus is a "comprehensive" positioning system. Like the comprehensive positioning system that will be used by air traffic control otherwise known colloquilly as GPS.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:39:56 PM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

honest & balanced terry

silver-tongued track bum

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2012, 08:40:56 PM »

Semantics.  Replace the word "global" with it's alternate definition, "comprehensive".

Trakus is a "comprehensive" positioning system.

Thank you, that's all I was trying to clarify, it apparently has nothing to do with what we all normally think of as GPS. Rather, it seems it is a "CPS" system.

Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »

there was no sarcasm in my post with regard to moving hansen out of the gulfstream barns and relocating to a track he might like better.
his demise in the holy bull was more than just a one race loss.
it sways him way of the course of the form path other derby winners folllowed. the regression is not a good sign, he should have gotten stronger and the one turn distance should not have even been an issue. he should have been on the lead and throttled down as he crossed the wire on the lead. thats the form the derby winner would have assumed. , it is not the form he displayed.

Certified Derbytologist
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2012, 10:48:31 AM »

there was no sarcasm in my post with regard to moving hansen out of the gulfstream barns and relocating to a track he might like better.
his demise in the holy bull was more than just a one race loss.
it sways him way of the course of the form path other derby winners folllowed. the regression is not a good sign, he should have gotten stronger and the one turn distance should not have even been an issue. he should have been on the lead and throttled down as he crossed the wire on the lead. thats the form the derby winner would have assumed. , it is not the form he displayed.

No doubt, the bumping, the bad start, and the slop contributed to Algorithims upset victory, who was the best horse to avoid trouble.  After all, look to consortium who raced last.  Once he figured out where he was, Hansen did ok.   Personally, I would overly attribute not much else toward the very wide margin of victory. 

Epsom Derby

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2012, 08:55:48 AM »

I believe I read a story about this horse on espn website about how the owner is going to dye the horses tail and mane in certain colours in upcoming races?
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »

I believe I read a story about this horse on espn website about how the owner is going to dye the horses tail and mane in certain colours in upcoming races?

Red, white and blue, my friend.  I'd love to see the neck and head white, the tail red, and the body blue with a field of white stars.

cool huh?

Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2012, 10:09:18 PM »

wow

the guy just dont get it..its not a toy
first he names a thoroughbred, after himself instead of a lineage designator type name, then he paints the tail like its a merry-go-round pony.
its all about him...dont ya know.
its supposed to be about racing and winning

maybe i'll tape a blue tail to his stupid ass ,
and kick him around the track for a few furlongs

why was that horse in the holy bull ?
he has the earnings to sit till 60 days before the derby to prevent injury?
what are ya gonna du ?

Certified Derbytologist
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: February 09, 2012, 10:31:45 PM »

wow

the guy just dont get it..its not a toy
first he names a thoroughbred, after himself instead of a lineage designator type name, then he paints the tail like its a merry-go-round pony.
its all about him...dont ya know.
its supposed to be about racing and winning

maybe i'll tape a blue tail to his stupid ass ,
and kick him around the track for a few furlongs

why was that horse in the holy bull ?
he has the earnings to sit till 60 days before the derby to prevent injury?
what are ya gonna du ?

Nah.  All the horses should be cool colors.  Like the war horses of old.  Were they toys? 

Secretariat

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: February 12, 2012, 12:37:02 PM »

Juvenile champion Hansen, attempting to rebound from his first loss in last month's Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III), is scheduled to make his next start in the $400,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct March 3.

Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67412/hansen-headed-for-aqueducts-gotham-next#ixzz1mBqX1HBq

Certified Derbytologist
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: