Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 05:59:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race being investiagted at Cal Expo  (Read 36021 times)
BIG FAN

« on: May 11, 2006, 04:26:20 PM »

see headlines at www.ustrotting.com! flag
Report to moderator   Logged
micha goss

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 04:29:42 PM »

Arent the betting pools very tiny at this place? Someone has a tri for 5 bucks they can crush the price.
sleepless

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 12:27:01 PM »

Race outcome being investigated in California
Thursday, May 11, 2006 - by John Pawlak, publicity/public relations director, the U.S. Trotting Association

Four drivers will not be participating at Cal-Expo Raceway while a race which took place this past Friday evening at the California track is investigated by state authorities.
In the wake of that race, drivers Daniel Maier, Jason Maier, Raymond Burt, and Todd Ratchford have agreed, effective 9 a.m. (PDT) on Friday, May 12, that they will not be permitted to drive in any race -- non-betting or betting -- nor enter any of the betting areas at Cal-Expo during the investigation.

Sacramento Harness Association officials saw what they felt was a low Trifecta payoff posted after this past Friday’s first race, and immediately began an inquiry into betting patterns.

In the wake of that action the Association “froze” a substantial portion of the winning tickets, which remain uncashed.

Sacramento Harness Association continues to investigate and has turned all of its findings over to the California Horse Racing Board, which will conduct an inquiry of its own into the conduct of -- and betting on -- the race. An investigator from Standardbred Investigative Services has also been consulting as part of the investigation.

trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 01:24:49 PM »

Race outcome being investigated in California
Thursday, May 11, 2006 - by John Pawlak, publicity/public relations director, the U.S. Trotting Association

Four drivers will not be participating at Cal-Expo Raceway while a race which took place this past Friday evening at the California track is investigated by state authorities.
In the wake of that race, drivers Daniel Maier, Jason Maier, Raymond Burt, and Todd Ratchford have agreed, effective 9 a.m. (PDT) on Friday, May 12, that they will not be permitted to drive in any race -- non-betting or betting -- nor enter any of the betting areas at Cal-Expo during the investigation.

Sacramento Harness Association officials saw what they felt was a low Trifecta payoff posted after this past Friday’s first race, and immediately began an inquiry into betting patterns.

In the wake of that action the Association “froze” a substantial portion of the winning tickets, which remain uncashed.

Sacramento Harness Association continues to investigate and has turned all of its findings over to the California Horse Racing Board, which will conduct an inquiry of its own into the conduct of -- and betting on -- the race. An investigator from Standardbred Investigative Services has also been consulting as part of the investigation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to see this happen.  I wonder how they could have reacted so quickly to freeze winning tickets.
I'm sure they didn't freeze all payoffs for the race and since people could have cashed <1 minute
after the race was official I'm impressed they acted so quickly.
swoodall

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »

Their pools are not as small as you would think.  On the weekends they usually handle over 1 million.
Harry Dapear

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:07:36 PM »

Seems like every time some one from Chicago shows up at a harness track there is larceny nearby. I remember when Hoosier park first opened. How easy it was to handicap and hit pers and tris all night long. Then the Chicago drivers showed up and turned the place into a pigeon drop.

God forgives Moochers, I don't.
GoBuckeyez

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »

Anyone have these details?

how big of field was it......what were the odds of the top 3 finishers...and what was the trifecta payout, or was it not even announced

due to being frozen

thanks
Armonsol

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2006, 11:15:18 AM »

Purse: $2,400

First Race
Pace, Cond/Claiming $3,000
Time: 29, 57.2, 1:26.1, 1:55.4
Track Condition: Fast

Prog # Horse Driver Win Place Show
 Green Fields  Jason Maier  $15.20 $8.20 $4.80
 Wovoca  Rick Plano   $4.60 $3.80
 Mow Em Down  Nick Casale    $6.80
 Omen  Ray Burt     
 Pleiades Bluegrass  Luke Plano       

Owner: Jason Maier
Trainer: Denise Maier

$1 Exacta: 7-6 paid $23.20
$1 Trifecta: 7-6-3 paid $79.50
mano e mano

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »

surprised it took so long to catch up to them. all one has to do is look at replay 4-7 3rd race to see how ethical racing is at cal expo. only one of many.
Justafan

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2006, 07:11:05 PM »

I can think of an easy way to get their attention.  And I can hardly wait til it happens!!!!
mano e mano

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »

lol, some invetigation. ray burt in paddock and horse racing tonight.
todd ratchford has 4 horses racing tonight.
Voyer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2006, 12:34:43 AM »

FYI..... there was a grace period were in these guys had so many hours (probably 48) starting yesterday, to leave. I'm sure you will not see them on the premises this upcoming racing week.
Calharn

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 10:33:13 AM »

.Anyone know what happened to handicapper Dave Goldschmidt he hasn't been there in awhile. The two guys there Gary knows little about Harness racing and Greg hasn't picked a winner ever he just likes to tout his horses that are racing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:37:57 AM by Calharn » Report to moderator   Logged
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 10:43:21 AM »

.Anyone know what happened to handicapper Dave Goldschmidt he hasn't been there in awhile. The two guys there Gary knows little about Harness racing and Greg hasn't picked a winner ever he just likes to tout his horses that are racing.

Dave made the decision to leave, and Gregg replaced him because he'd guested on the show before.

To be honest, it was a HUGE loss of talent...Dave was one of the sharpest handicappers I've ever met, with a sharp, sharp eye when watching replays.  Most of the time, I will now be muting between races.  Both Gary and Gregg are nice guys, but just don't possess the knowledge Dave had.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »

Dave made the decision to leave, and Gregg replaced him because he'd guested on the show before.

To be honest, it was a HUGE loss of talent...Dave was one of the sharpest handicappers I've ever met, with a sharp, sharp eye when watching replays.  Most of the time, I will now be muting between races.  Both Gary and Gregg are nice guys, but just don't possess the knowledge Dave had.

Best,
EW
Yes, talent and anything Cal-Expo go together like Dirty Dave and Zest soap.  Talent and Cal Expo...keep those sharp comments coming EW !   Grin   trotter  TC
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2006, 11:22:41 AM »

Yes, talent and anything Cal-Expo go together like Dirty Dave and Zest soap.  Talent and Cal Expo...keep those sharp comments coming EW !   Grin   trotter  TC

If you ever listened to Dave, and want to claim that he wasn't a talent -- you are wrong.  Just my opinion.

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2006, 11:36:09 AM »

If you ever listened to Dave, and want to claim that he wasn't a talent -- you are wrong.  Just my opinion.

Best,
EW
All I can say about Cal Expo is if any employee is such a scary talent there, why are they plying their trade at the Devil's Island of harness racing ?  Pierce, "Pacing Parker", "Little Joe" and the rest of talented guys got out as quickly as they could, but those that stayed must really be proud of themselves when they face that mirror to shave their punims each A.M.  They ought to put a huge fish market on the CA State Fairgrounds to cover the stench emanating from the track each night - and I'm not talking the sometimes malodorous stench this is *** either.   trotter  TC  P.S. Since you claim to be best pals with Dehrlich, advise him to get out of there ASAP.  Even a job at Tioga Downs with their slots would be better for him and his family.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2006, 11:39:04 AM »

All I can say about Cal Expo is if any employee is such a scary talent there, why are they plying their trade at the Devil's Island of harness racing ?  Pierce, "Pacing Parker", "Little Joe" and the rest of talented guys got out as quickly as they could, but those that stayed must really be proud of themselves when they face that mirror to shave their punims each A.M.  They ought to put a huge fish market on the CA State Fairgrounds to cover the stench emanating from the track each night - and I'm not talking the sometimes malodorous stench this is *** either.   trotter  TC  P.S. Since you claim to be best pals with Dehrlich, advise him to get out of there ASAP.  Even a job at Tioga Downs with their slots would be better for him and his family.

Supposedly Bacon and Oil will be splitting Tioga (Pocono and Monticello).  Drove by the plant on an Eastern roadtrip.  Didn't stop as we were behind schedule, but they have some excellent access, as you can see it right from I-86.

Best,
EW

BIG FAN

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2006, 11:42:21 AM »

Where is the Ol Tanker?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2006, 11:45:51 AM »

Where is the Ol Tanker?

He won a race last night!

Best,
EW

TC

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2006, 11:50:51 AM »

Supposedly Bacon and Oil will be splitting Tioga (Pocono and Monticello)...

Now there are 2 goofs !  If Dehrlich can't beat then out for a job, it's time to leave the booth and sell time shares in Alaska to Floridians.  He's way better than those 2 drones IMO, and even less annoying (wow, that saying quite a bit !).   trotter  TC
BIG FAN

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2006, 11:52:31 AM »

EW I just seen the results w/Ol Tanker on Green Fields last night! flag
mano e mano

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2006, 07:07:15 PM »

we know dave decided to leave. anyone know why? i agree it's now time to mute rather then listen to greg try to act like dave.
Robin Clements
I'm a Kalbred

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2006, 11:07:10 PM »

Mano... you need to check your stats. 4-7 3rd race was an amateur race and an east vs.west race to boot.Amateurs may cause alot of confusion because they arent professionals but they dont play games either.
Robin Clements
I'm a Kalbred

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2006, 11:26:03 PM »

Tc you talk about Pierce,Pacing Parker and Little Joe getting out of Calif. Little Joe was known as the Weasel, and went though as many horses as his owners could own almost putting them out of business, when 7 broke down no problem he just got his owners to buy more.Ever ? what's in his little brown bag when he visits his horses? Pacing Parker, not as clean as you think, Pierce landed in Calif from Makau and couldnt buy a drive for awhile.Now lets talk Chicago.Nice place I lived there for awhile but the 1st time we landed in Chicago to race and sell we barely got unloaded and were asked to stiff a horse..no thanks! Dont think for a minute that Calif is the only place that stuff happens..Chicago,Ny, Nj, Florida take your pick and you'll find a scandal. At least give SHA and the CHRB credit for catching this so quickly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: