Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 11:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race being investiagted at Cal Expo  (Read 35784 times)
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2006, 09:20:15 AM »

EW:

Any word on who will be announcing Chester Downs?
Report to moderator   Logged
mano e mano

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2006, 10:00:47 AM »

Kaucha,
ok then, jason maier driving 50-1 (not from maier barn) horse in amatuer race, stings even money favorite to the half. amatuer clevenger pulls down the backside to draw away and win. oh by the way horse driven by clevenger owned by maier barn.
next day amatuer race, true believer owned by denise maier until name change to jason, so jason can drive in amateur race. too bad, money run over at the wire.
you're right, no games going on.
njhorseman

« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2006, 11:54:46 AM »

EW:

Any word on who will be announcing Chester Downs?

I heard a rumor it is going to be Freehold's Larry Lederman, but I haven't tried to confirm it.
FreeLegged

« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2006, 12:05:09 PM »

I heard a rumor it is going to be Freehold's Larry Lederman, but I haven't tried to confirm it.

I like this guy. Did he used to call races at Buffalo?

I rarely get to hear him at Freehold because in upstate NY The Capital District OTB channel carries no harness during the day. Not even the big M on Sundays :-(
njhorseman

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2006, 12:11:23 PM »

I like this guy. Did he used to call races at Buffalo?

I rarely get to hear him at Freehold because in upstate NY The Capital District OTB channel carries no harness during the day. Not even the big M on Sundays :-(

He hasn't worked at Buffalo as far as I know. He has worked at Atlantic City Racecourse, Garden State Park, and Freehold.
FreeLegged

« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2006, 12:20:59 PM »

OK thanks...because there was a guy at Buffalo years ago who had a similar style.

My fave of all time was a guy from Saratoga, George Miller.
One of the best,at least in the east, for sure.

No comparison to who they have now. The guy now, who replaced the Bullet, uses every cliche known to man...
in every race....we have a pocket rocket....somebody who might drop and pop, somebody taking the pylon path, the final left turn, he wins the first lap, etc etc

we have nicknamed him the cliche king.
poconomike

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2006, 02:36:09 PM »

Paul:

Do you think LL gives up the FHD to go to Chester? Both are (will be) daytime tracks
njhorseman

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »

Paul:

Do you think LL gives up the FHD to go to Chester? Both are (will be) daytime tracks

I asked myself the same question when I heard the rumor. There's no way he could hold both jobs, for the reason you state. If he will be working at Chester, he can't be at Freehold.

I like Lederman. He makes some awfully dull half mile racing a bit more entertaining. I'll miss him if he goes to Chester.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »

I am still laughing about this. How in the world is Plano's name not mentioned in fixed races or cashing tickets??? If your looking for the uncashed tickets just check Planos back pocket he's got plenty of them.

Cal-Fixpo is the biggest joke in the World everyone knows whats going on there. It must have been getting real bad and they were getting greedy. You knew when they did something it would be a bunch of no name guys. Plano is the "TEFLON" driver and trainer out there and never does anything wrong. Cal-Fixpo is a home for all of harness racing criminals, guys who are barred from every track in the U.S flag and even Canada. Its the only track in America that you can watch monkey business going on in front of your very eyes.

How can the Earache announce these races without laughing 3-times a race they must be giving him winners to shut his mouth (wait a minute we know he can't do that for a million dollars) Shut that rat  rat rat rat hole of a track down!!!!
njhorseman

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2006, 12:04:08 PM »

I asked myself the same question when I heard the rumor. There's no way he could hold both jobs, for the reason you state. If he will be working at Chester, he can't be at Freehold.

I like Lederman. He makes some awfully dull half mile racing a bit more entertaining. I'll miss him if he goes to Chester.

New, and more reliable sources, have told me that my first source had the announcer situation wrong.

Rather than Larry Lederman going to Chester Downs and being replaced by Peter Kleinhans, I am now told that Kleinhans will be the Chester Downs announcer. Lederman will stay at Freehold.
Mike Bozich

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »

If that is true, that is a great choice. Peter Kleinhans is probably THE MOST underrated announcer in harness/thoroughbred racing period. He will be working for a class act in Mike Tannor (Director of Racetrack Ops).

I remember quite a few years ago, I had a chance to meet Peter K at the Merrillville OTB where he was calling Hoosier Park races off of the TV. It was a promotion they were having and he went to all of the Hoosier Park OTB's to call a night of races. He meeted and greeted fans and I remember giving him a tape of my greyhound races that I called in Birmingham. He called me the next day and gave me some great advice and even tried to get me a job at Northville, but they had hired Tim Second over me.

Long story short, great guy who overcame a lot in his life (car accident, etc...) and a real asset to harness racing.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2006, 04:31:55 PM »

New, and more reliable sources, have told me that my first source had the announcer situation wrong.

Rather than Larry Lederman going to Chester Downs and being replaced by Peter Kleinhans, I am now told that Kleinhans will be the Chester Downs announcer. Lederman will stay at Freehold.

I've heard Peter as well.  Obviously, you never know if it's true though...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
SomeNutSomeWhere

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2006, 08:19:48 PM »

Larry Lederman also called some races up at Saratoga Harness, if I recall correctly it was about 5 yrs ago but it only lasted for a few months.

He's awesome, you don't even have to have a betting interest in races he calls to enjoy watching & listening to them.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2006, 06:47:46 AM »

I watched some races there last night and a couple horses I thought were just tanked. Poor racing
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2006, 07:07:44 AM »

Ideal-Have you watched any Chicago races lately??
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2006, 07:14:33 AM »

Of course I have , Even with the shape were chi-town harness is in it's still  better than cal .
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2006, 07:19:08 AM »

Have to say that I don't agree with you. Too many games being played by the so called leading drivers. The clique is pretty hard to beat. And throw in the drug situation and it is very tough to win playing Chicago races. You might be able to pick out a spot here or there, but overall it is very hard to win.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2006, 07:23:59 AM »

I agree. "You can beat a race but you can't beat the races"
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2006, 09:36:24 AM »

I agree. "You can beat a race but you can't beat the races"

I'd say the above quote is true no matter the situation.  Even in a perfect World with no cheating at all, there would STILL be races you should stay away from...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
mano e mano

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2006, 11:25:52 AM »

any word on the cal-fixpo rulings? seems like it's been a long investigation period. how are these guys supposed to make a living sitting on the sideline waiting, when they could be out there cold decking more trifectas for $200 into small pools.
Calharn

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2006, 03:19:13 PM »

Looks like they are going to sweep this ruling under the table "others" meaning bigger players must be involved.
mano e mano

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2006, 08:19:57 PM »

cal harn are you insinuating that they cheat at cal fixpo. how dare you.
Robin Clements
I'm a Kalbred

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2006, 01:44:17 AM »

No the investigation is not being swept under the carpet. It is ongoing but before the racing board and management just destroy these people's lives they want to make sure they have a case.Whether these men are innocent or guilty it will forever taint their lives.Mgt and the racing board are taking this race very serious but they are not just going to make a decision or ruling without the facts. So before you guys get a lynch mob going, give Cal Expo a break and let them investigate and decide the fate of these men.Even guilty people deserve a fair trial.
Idealtowne

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2006, 07:00:20 AM »

Here's a link.

http://www.calxharness.com/racing_center.asp?date=5/5/2006&race=1&type=3&file=05052006r1
mano e mano

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2006, 09:01:03 AM »

no one destroyed these lives. they created this mess, finally noticed. ever walk around the grandstand to see how these guys hit the windows? or come out of the side door to hand money off to a person to go to the window? hmmm, how come the tickets haven't been cashed. would the average person be afraid to cash a ticket that the payoff wasn't right? just look at that race.
and again i refer you to the amateur race;
ok then, jason maier driving 50-1 (not from maier barn) horse in amateur race, stings even money favorite to the half. amateur clevenger pulls down the backside to draw away and win. oh by the way horse driven by clevenger owned by maier barn.
next day amateur race, true believer owned by denise maier until name change to jason, so jason can drive in amateur race. too bad, money run over at the wire.
you're right, no games going on.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: