Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 30, 2014, 01:23:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Etorphine positive at the Haw flats...  (Read 2578 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« on: November 11, 2005, 08:03:50 PM »

Drug positive at Hawthorne
By MARCUS HERSH
Donald Paulik, a trainer on the Chicago circuit, has been ruled off all facilities under the jurisdiction of the Illinois Racing Board after one of his horses tested positive for the powerful synthetic narcotic etorphine. The horse that triggered the positive test, Texas Tree, won the first race on Friday, Oct. 21 at Hawthorne. An inquiry into the matter has been scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 19, at which time a penalty could be handed down for the offense.

Paulik, 59, has started only 13 horses all year, winning twice. He trains off a farm, shipping horses to the racetrack only for published workouts and races.

Etorphine, sometimes referred to as elephant juice, is a powerful synthetic relation of morphine. Administered in small doses, it can have a stimulant effect on horses.

----------------------

Is this the same stuff that was being used in the 80s in harness?

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 08:05:00 PM »

Yes, I think that is what is referred to as "elephant juice".
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 08:07:56 PM »

Drug positive at Hawthorne
By MARCUS HERSH
Donald Paulik, a trainer on the Chicago circuit, has been ruled off all facilities under the jurisdiction of the Illinois Racing Board after one of his horses tested positive for the powerful synthetic narcotic etorphine. The horse that triggered the positive test, Texas Tree, won the first race on Friday, Oct. 21 at Hawthorne. An inquiry into the matter has been scheduled for Saturday, Nov. 19, at which time a penalty could be handed down for the offense.

Paulik, 59, has started only 13 horses all year, winning twice. He trains off a farm, shipping horses to the racetrack only for published workouts and races.

Etorphine, sometimes referred to as elephant juice, is a powerful synthetic relation of morphine. Administered in small doses, it can have a stimulant effect on horses.

-------------------

Thanks for clearing that up, Burton -- haha  Cheesy

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2005, 08:14:50 PM »

EW:

Yes, Etorphine was the trainer’s choice drug used in the 80's. The most intriguing thing about this article is Paulik, the owner/trainer of the winning horse, was also a trainer/owner in the harness game around 2000. I think his wife’s name is Jaclyn, and they had blew up the black box with a ridiculous overage. Not sure and I don't want to point a finger, but I think they are the same people. When Ethorhine is used with a combination of other enhancers, the effects are unbelievable. It is so strong; that it is considered a controlled substance and mere possession will get you brought up on felony charges in this state. What kind of nut would use this shit when they have had a test for it since 85? Goof!

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
dirty dave

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2005, 08:20:23 PM »

good answer dakuras, i knew you and your buddy nanace would have all the answers on this one because you guys were the etorphine kings in the 1908s. now were talking racing, dakuras and ***, the drug kings and masters of pre-racing one with etorphine and every other black market drug. last one at the window to cash there ticket is a rotten egg!!!

10cc in the vein makes the mother run faster...go M99
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 08:28:50 PM by dirty dave » Report to moderator   Logged
sn

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2005, 08:26:20 PM »

"Frog" Don Paulik, was a harness man for years, he was part of the "Four Jacks" racing stable that raced in the 80's for trainer Jeffrey Northrup. "Frog" has also gotten positives in the harness game when he tried to train himself in the 90's. He also received a positive like this and lost his liscense when he trained the horse "OWL". "Frog" used some etorphine in the early 90's and has apparentally kept some on ice for another "Score" You see thats what "Frog" does, he makes one big "Score" every 4 or 5 years. He will take whatever time he is given and count his winnings over and over Right Denny???
If the T-Bred assoc. gave this guy his liscense without checking him out, then I am glad "Frog" pulled one off on them!!!!

Dirty dave, 10cc of etorphine in the vein will do you no good at all please dont figure on betting to much cause you probally wont even make the race!!!!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 08:28:51 PM by sn » Report to moderator   Logged
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2005, 08:35:59 PM »

good answer dakuras, i knew you and your buddy nanace would have all the answers on this one because you guys were the etorphine kings in the 1908s. now were talking racing, dakuras and ***, the drug kings and masters of pre-racing one with etorphine and every other black market drug. last one at the window to cash there ticket is a rotten egg!!!

10cc in the vein makes the mother run faster...go M99

Dirty Dave:

Wrong again troll. I never received a positive test for M99 in my entire racing career because I never used the stuff. Why don't you go blow a goat because anyone who knows me knows damn well I was not ever involved with any Etorphine at all. You are pretty funny though, which name are you hiding behind this time, let me guess, Richard Breth, Joe B., or Tom? Grow up.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
mr.maywood

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2005, 08:54:22 PM »

I THINK DAN *** GOT BUSTED FOR IT. THATS WHEN THEY RAN HIM OUT OF CHICAGO.
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2005, 09:00:09 PM »

Dirty Dick

You're right the ***'s know all about M99. You see, we had this mother *** owner named Dennis Bowen who was a mother *** crook and along with another mother *** *** sucker named Dr. Paul Steinmeyer they went behind our backs and had some lowlife mother *** groom hit our horses behind our back with the mother *** shit that causd us nothing but heartache and troubles in our racing career. This is something that has botherd me ever since it happened and now everytime someone wants to say that we were responsible for hitting our own horses I get so pissed off I want to bury the mother *** 6 feet under.

You see, this is no mother *** joke to me, so go ahead and keep posting your mother *** comments about us and hope I don't get terminal cancer, because I'll come back to chicago and bury all you mother ***.

And Janine don't take this post down or alter my words beause I just about had it with all these mother *** on this site.
mr.maywood

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »

THERE YOU GO AGAIN BLAME IT ON SOMEBODY ELSE YOU LOSER.
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2005, 09:16:39 PM »

Dan ***... The "epitome" of intelligence and maturity...  Cheesy

Go throw another HISSY FIT Dan... we all expect that from you... and don't forget to toss in a few more "threats" of breaking peoples heads with a baseball bat... YOU PSYCHO NUT JOB.
Armonsol

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2005, 09:17:56 PM »

It seems that several of the posters in this topic might just be the same person. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 09:20:36 PM »

Dan ***... The "epitome" of intelligence and maturity...  Cheesy

Go throw another HISSY FIT Dan... we all expect that from you... and don't forget to toss in a few more "threats" of breaking peoples heads with a baseball bat... YOU PSYCHO NUT JOB.

You guys want to take a topic that's about a t-bred trainer and turn it into a *** topic then you will have to deal with what I post.

Later on you might have to deal with me in person. ***'S!!!!
EasyScore

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2005, 09:34:22 PM »

But isn't it ironic that the Etorphine violation was on an ex-harness horseman.  Maybe there is some truth to all the rumors.   Nevertheless, he is laughing all the way to the bank.  Hope he bet a mint, because he will never get a Tbred license ever again. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: