Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 05:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawthorne Questions  (Read 734 times)
thearmada

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2011, 08:17:49 PM »

I have not been to Hawthorne for quite some years now so I have some questions. What should I expect from my experience? Do they still have the fried chicken I have heard about? Would it look weird if I brought my laptop with me? Do they have wi-fi available for public use? And finally, does anybody have any picks for inside information for races either on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks
Report to moderator   Logged
Maymoral

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »

Your laptop might be stolen quickly! Grin
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:54:24 PM »

I have not been to Hawthorne for quite some years now so I have some questions. What should I expect from my experience? Do they still have the fried chicken I have heard about? Would it look weird if I brought my laptop with me? Do they have wi-fi available for public use? And finally, does anybody have any picks for inside information for races either on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks

I don't like Flat Out or Ruler on Ice in the Clark Friday, at CD, but that is just my opinion.

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
zanzibar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 02:13:05 AM »

Hawthorne's menu hasn't changed too much.  I don't know if they have the fried chicken every day, but they always have a meal-deal.....big serving of meat plus two sides.   Good selection of hot and cold sides, soup, chilli, hot dog, polish, burgers, sandwiches.
They have wifi, though I'm not sure if it works well throughout the whole building.  Good place for a laptop user is the handicapping center on the third floor.  In case the wifi is out (which happens), there are some dsl outlets. so bring a cable.
We will not steal your laptop, contrary to sad little Maymoral's suggestion.
Chris Szulc

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »

Wifi is good throughout the first floor...haven't had a problem connecting on my iPad.

Some tough races to figure today but I like Team of Heart in the 1st and Giant Shift in the 2nd.
thearmada

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 12:41:47 AM »

I really enjoyed my Hawthorne experience today. Had the Fried Chicken and it was really good the price was unbeatable! Another plus to the day was on my way in a guy leaving in a truck handed me a free admission pass. Had some nice winners and it was a great day out at the track. Thanks to all for responding and I will definitely be going back in the future!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: