Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 18, 2014, 01:36:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 million Grey Goose Juvenile Quotes  (Read 1294 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 05, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »

Michael Maker (trainer, Hansen, 1st) – “He’s a natural. Obviously his performance speaks for itself. That’s the way he wants to run and we weren’t going to change a thing. It’s just that natural ability. Obviously he’s got a lot of speed and he’s always shown it. He’s also got a lot of fight; a bunch of good characteristics. We pointed to the Breeders’ Cup before he ever ran. I only told that to the owners, and they’re as crazy as I am.”

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, Hansen, 1st) – "He ran superb for me. Going into the first turn, he was a little aggressive. That made me a little concerned. When we got to the backside, he switched to his right (lead) and he came back to me and relaxed beautiful. I got pressed pretty early, around the three-eighths pole, but he continued coming for me. I'm very pleased. He’s special."

Michael Matz (trainer, Union Rags, 2nd) – “They were wide on the first turn; they were wide on the second turn. He (Javier Castellano) said the other horse had it his own way, and he (Union Rags) galloped out good and strong. He said, ‘one more jump and we would have had him.’ I didn’t get a good draw. I guess that’s racing. What are you going to do? It’s one of those things. I wish I had an answer for you. It’s disappointing, that’s for sure, but I guess that’s horseracing.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, Union Rags, 2nd) – “One jump after the wire, I was in front. But that’s horse racing. I’m disappointed in the result, but I’m not disappointed in my horse. He ran a wonderful race; tried hard all the way. I give the winner a lot of credit. He ran fast early, and he held on. You have to give him credit.”

Mike Harrington (trainer, Creative Cause, 3rd) – “He ran a really good race. He just got outrun. We’re going to give him a little break and bring him back next year. We’ll look for really big things from him then.”

Joel Rosario (jockey, Creative Cause, 3rd) - “We had a nice trip. We were moving about the same time as Union Rags and I was trying to leave enough, but the winner (Hansen) was just a little bit better. He got a little aggressive in the post parade from all the noise and the people and I think it might have cost us a little bit in the end.”

Kent Desormeaux (jockey, Dullahan, 4th) – “He could have won the race except that he jumped at the start and that cost us six or seven lengths.”

#####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: