Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:18:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $500,000 Marathon Quotes  (Read 199 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 05, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »

Robert Reid (trainer, Afleet Again, 1st) He ran fabulously. Its so rare to get this kind of distance, so we decided to take a shot. We always thought he could go this far. Theres no limit to how far he can run. When I saw a 48 (fraction) for the first half and we were only seven or eight lengths out of it, I thought we were in pretty good shape.

Cornelio Velasquez (jockey, Afleet Again, 1st) I rode this horse in the Travers (4th in 2010), and he has one pace all the way. I stayed behind the speed, and at the quarter-pole, put him in the clear. And I had a lot of horse. I like this horse. He needs a strong ride. In the last five-sixteenths I had a lot of horse. The jockey on the four (Joel Rosario on Pleasant Prince) sent his horse at the quarter pole. At the three-eighths I pulled the trigger."

Bill Mott (trainer, Birdrun, 2nd) He ran well. He tried hard. Funny enough, the horse that won it, wed been beating him all year long, every time. Hey, it was his turn today. Im glad for those people; hes been chasing us around there all year long.

John Velazquez (jockey, Birdrun, 2nd) I knew we were going kind of fast early and I tried to get him back, but he wanted to go. I finally got a hold of him and was able to get him to settle. Then, when that horse (leader Pleasant Prince) took off once more, he wanted to go again. I didnt think Id have enough (horse), but he kept going, and at the five-sixteenths (pole) I thought I could win the whole thing. He just kept going. He ran a really good race.

Chris Block (trainer, Giant Oak, 3rd) I thought he got a good trip. (Jockey) Shaun (Bridgmohan) did a good job getting him settled in there. He was a little keener than youd want going a mile and three-quarters, but thats going to happen with a horse coming off a mile and a-quarter and a mile and an-eighth race. Shaun did a real good job getting him settled. We took our shot at the head of the stretch. The horse ran hard, he just ran out of gas the last sixteenth.

Shaun Bridgmohan (jockey, Giant Oak, 3rd) - This horse tries hard every time. He got a little strong with me early on, but then he settled into a good rhythm. We had a good trip and we got beat only a head for second.

David Lanigan (trainer, Meeznah, eased) She seemed to be going OK until she came past the stands. And then, according to (jockey Tom) Queally, she took a bad step. And then was never going after that.

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: