Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 02:59:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 million Ladies' Classic Quotes  (Read 180 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 04, 2011, 06:30:47 PM »

Bill Mott (trainer, Royal Delta, 1st) – “I don’t think she gave her best effort last time (2nd in Beldame), but she gave it tonight.  She’s been training as well as our Classic horses (Drosselmeyer and To Honor and Serve).  This is special. It’s nice just to win one of these, let alone two in a row.”

Jose Lezcano (jockey, Royal Delta, 1st) – “I got a very good trip. She broke real good and she was very comfortable and relaxed. When I asked her, she gave me a very good kick. When we hit the quarter (pole), I felt very comfortable that we would win the race. She’s a fantastic filly. She handled the track very good. I knew those horses in front of her were good fillies. We ran against them at Saratoga (Alabama and Coaching Club American Oaks), but this time it was different. This was the big one."

Kiaran McLaughlin (trainer, It’s Tricky, 2nd) – “She was second best. Congratulations to the winner. We didn’t have any excuse. She ran great. We were hoping Ask the Moon would take on (trainer Bob) Baffert’s filly (Plum Pretty) and set it up more for us. But we ran well, we were just second best.”

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, It’s Tricky, 2nd) – “I had a great trip. I thought I was a winner once I got through. She came home and was trying very hard. The winner was just the best today. Our position was very good. The first turn she got a little strong with me. She was a little too eager, but it didn't take me long to get her to settle. I wasn't aware where the winner was turning for home. I felt confident we would hang on.”

Gerard Butler (trainer, Pachattack, 3rd) – “I’m so proud of her. I didn’t know at one stage whether we’d get fourth or third. The team has done a great job. She just loves this place and she loves this ground.”

Rajiv Maragh (jockey, Pachattack, 3rd) – “She gave me a good run. We were in ideal position saving ground and she was running well within herself and got into a nice flow. We had a good trip, but we were just third best today.”

Art Sherman (trainer, Ultra Blend, 4th) – “I thought she was coming on. I just wished that (the race) had been a little bit longer. I thought she brought her typical race. If there had been more pace up front, that would have made it a little easier for us to catch a few of the other horses. I was happy with her. She tries. She’s just a dream."

David Flores (jockey, Ultra Blend, 4th) – “She really tried hard like she always does. She gave a good effort. I was expecting a little more pace in the race, but I didn’t get it. They were finishing pretty strong.”

Bob Baffert (trainer, Plum Pretty, 5th) – “What the heck? He (jockey Rafael Bejarano) should have sent her. When you slow her down like that, it’s no good. She’s gotta go. She’s gotta rip.”

Rafael Bejarano (jockey, Plum Pretty, 5th) – “I couldn’t have gotten away with any slower fractions. When I saw the 5 (Ask the Moon) didn’t break, I said ‘Yes’ and took another hold. I thought I was going to be in great shape. But she had troubles with the track. She really didn’t handle it. She’s a filly that likes a fast track. She just got too tired on this track today.”

Todd Pletcher (trainer, Super Espresso, 7th) – “She tried hard. She gave a good effort, but there were a couple of really good fillies in there. She put herself in a good position, but just couldn’t quite quicken with them at the top of the lane.”

Neil Drysdale (trainer, Miss Match, 9th) – “(Jockey Garrett Gomez) felt that the (protective) goggles (worn by Miss Match) got too clogged up with mud, and she couldn’t see.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: