Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 02:50:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $2 million Grey Goose Juvenile Fillies Quotes  (Read 167 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 04, 2011, 05:53:15 PM »

Steve Asmussen (trainer, My Miss Aurelia, 1st) – “She’s extremely special. How proud we are that she’s a homebred (for Stonestreet Stables), and that George (Bolton) bought into her as a yearling. She’s been everybody’s pick at every stage, and she came through today with a great race.”

Corey Nakatani (jockey, My Miss Aurelia, 1st) – “She broke really well. My main concern was getting her in a good spot so I had options to go outside, or inside, or to the lead. Actually, she put herself in just the right spot. It’s great to be connected with (trainer) Steve (Asmussen) and (assistant trainer) Scott (Blasi). They give you a lot of confidence when you ride.

Tony Dutrow (trainer, Grace Hall, 2nd) – “Right now I’m very happy. That is an extremely good filly that beat us, but we beat the rest of them. She’s (My Miss Aurelia) the best 2-year-old filly right now, but maybe we’ll be the best 3-year-old filly next year.

Ramon Dominguez (jockey, Grace Hall, 2nd) – “I tried to get to the winner, but she was a little too much for us. She’s been doing great, galloping strong. I was very pleased. She ran great. She settled for me, and I had a beautiful trip. I wasn’t very far off the pace horse (Candrea), maybe four off the lead, she just couldn’t outrun the winner.”

Peter Eurton (trainer, Weemissfrankie, 3rd) – “It was a little rough on the first turn, but as it turned out, down the backside, we were in good position. But the track appears to be a speed-favoring track, and she didn’t get a hold of it well. Being third is no disgrace. I’m very proud of her.”

Rafael Bejarano (jockey, Weemissfrankie, 3rd) - “She ran well. In the first turn we were a little wide, and on the backside I tried to save ground. On the second turn, the leader went wide and I was forced to try to come around her, but it didn’t matter, because the first two were not coming back.”

Joel Rosario (jockey, Self Preservation, 4th) – “She relaxed nicely today. The last time she ran, she was rank early. Today, she settled nicely, and came with one run. We came up the rail, and the rail was very nice today.”

John Gosden (trainer, Questing, 5th) - “She’s done nothing wrong. She got shuffled back a little early, but she ran on well at the finish.”
Aidan O’Brien (trainer, Homecoming Queen, 14th) – “We’ll put that down to experience.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: