Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 16, 2014, 10:32:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $1 million Juvenile Fillies Turf Quotes  (Read 220 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 04, 2011, 04:38:07 PM »

Wayne Catalano (trainer, Stephanie’s Kitten, 1st) – “I’m so happy for Mr. Ramsey. He loves the game. And winning is the thing for him, it’s not even for the money. I got a little nervous late, so I want to go and watch the replay. She ran her heart out.”

John Velazquez (jockey, Stephanie’s Kitten, 1st) – “She was amazing. As soon as I asked her to go in between those other two horses, she responded right away. It's nice when you can ride horses like that. It makes it easy for us. She's game for anything I ask her to do. That's what I like about her.”

When asked if he had other options to ride in the race:

"She ran such a big race at Keeneland (winning the Alcibiades) on the Polytrack, and I saw her run in the race at Woodbine (3rd in Natalma) which was pretty fast, so I was confident that the distance and grass were going to help her. The ground was soft, and she handled it really well. She's very nice, professional and explosive. When you ask her, she's there for you."

Todd Pletcher (trainer, Stopshoppingmaria, 2nd) – “Ran great; second best.”

Javier Castellano (jockey, Stopshoppingmaria, 2nd) – “She ran very good. She gave me a great performance. I’m so happy the way she did it. I thought I was (home). At one point she took off, and she gave me everything she had. The other horse (Stephanie’s Kitten) finished strong; we just got beat. My filly handled the course so well. It was tough.”

Todd Pletcher (trainer, Sweet Cat, 3rd) – “Ran great; third best.”

Garrett Gomez (jockey, Sweet Cat, 3rd) – “The race was won or lost for us turning for home. I just couldn't quite quicken with the other two fillies. I hit a little flat spot. It's a little soft out there. She handled the ground real well the entire way around, but I hit that spot, and then the last 150 yards, she just couldn't keep pace. Down towards the wire she was still there and staying on well."

Aidan O’Brien (trainer, Up, 4th) – “(Jockey) Ryan (Moore) was very happy the way she ran. We’re delighted at the way she performed. She’ll be a nice filly for next season.”

Ryan Moore (jockey, Up, 4th) – “For a filly of her inexperience, she’s run a great race. It is good-to-soft ground out there, and she could have done with it being a little faster.”

Alex Solis (jockey, Somali Lemonade, 6th) – “The slow pace hurt her. Going down the backside, the horses were all stacked up and we had nowhere to go.”

John Gosden (trainer, Elusive Kate, 8th) – “The draw killed her (post 10). She was wide at the first turn and the slow pace didn’t help her. Maybe she should have gone on and made the running.”

William Buick (jockey, Elusive Kate, 8th) – “The draw was not good for her (post 10). She had trouble handling the ground. It was very loose, and she was skidding all over the place.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: