Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 05:29:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quotes for the; $500,000 Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint  (Read 216 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 04, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »

Bob Baffert (trainer, Secret Circle, 1st) – “After I saw those fractions, I thought, ‘Oh boy,’ but he was doing it easy. He’s just a very gifted horse, he has unbelievable speed. I feel good about it because he came off the plane and won here. I was a little worried about him coming down the lane, he kind of lost focus, but he’s just young. We’re one-for-one now. The pressure’s on. I thought going in that if he didn’t run well, I might be in for a bad weekend.”;

Rafael Bejarano (jockey, Secret Circle, 1st) – “I put him in the race. We were going fast, but he was relaxed to the outside. I waited until the stretch to let him go, and when I did (let him go), he showed me a big kick. He wasn't comfortable on the track. That's why he was lugging out a little (in the stretch) you know. I was a little concerned about how fast we were going (early), but I knew I had to be close today. I was going to put him in the race, and see what happened. He acted like he was much the best in the race, and he proved that. The rail is really good, but the middle of the track is getting better. I think he'll be able to go two turns. This horse is getting experience and learning. When you send him, he can go really fast, but he can come from behind too.”;

Brian Meehan (trainer, Shumoos, 2nd) – “I thought she was going to get there. Never mind – she’s run really well though.  Getting beat is always hard, but she ran a great race, so we’re delighted with her. We’ve always had a good record coming here so it’s nice that she maintained that to a certain level. I’m disappointed getting beaten and pleased with the filly. I appreciate the owner having guts to send her here. She’s going to remain in the U.S. with Ben Cecil.”;

Garrett Gomez (jockey, Shumoos, 2nd) – “She ran really good.  She finished willingly. She sat in the gate bad and I wasn’t sure if she would get away good. But she did get out in good shape and put herself in race.  Coming down the lane, I thought I had a good chance to win.”;

Jeffrey Sanchez (jockey, Holdin Bullets, 3rd) – “I had a good trip. No excuses. He hadn’t run in a long time and this track is tiring today. He just got tired.”;

Julien Leparoux (jockey, Seeker, 4th) – “He ran good. They ran very fast up front. I wish I would have just stayed on the rail. The ground is a little better there right now. When I made my move, the rail was closed, so I took him outside. The rail is the place to be right now, but when the track dries out it can change every race. You have to play it by ear. Every race is going to be different.";

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: