Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 12:45:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $500,000 Sentient Jet Juvenile Sprint Notes, Thursday, Nov. 3  (Read 279 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: November 03, 2011, 02:02:07 PM »

Blacky the Bull – A 1m jog was the order of the day for the 2yo son of Flashy Bull as he put in his final exercise for Friday’s inaugural Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Sprint.

Trainer Jeff Bonde, watching his 2yo for the first time since arriving Wednesday afternoon from California, was happy with what he saw.

“He seems to be doing really well,” Bonde said. “I think his style of coming from off the pace gives him a chance. There should be plenty of speed in the race, so that will be helpful.”

Holdin Bullets – The son of 2004 Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Ghostzapper had galloped Thursday and has trainer Wesley Ward feeling fortunate that circumstances fell into the place that led to the colt being entered in the Juvenile Sprint, his first race since winning his career debut at Keeneland in April.

“I was hoping to get him in an allowance race at Keeneland last month, but the race didn’t fill,” Ward said. “Now, I think we’re fortunate that happened, because he’s really showing an affinity for this track. Of course, we’re going to have to beat that horse (Secret Circle) of Bob Baffert’s, but hopefully, after two fast efforts, he’s going to bounce.”

Secret Circle – The undefeated Bob Baffert trainee galloped 1m under exercise rider Peter Hutton Thursday morning in preparation for the Juvenile Sprint, the race that kicks off the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at 4:10 p.m. on Friday.

“His record is two for two and he’s the kind of horse that if you watch him train in the morning, he doesn’t tip you off like that,” Baffert said of the 2yo son of Eddington.

“He’s a very quiet, calm horse. I think he and (Filly & Mare Sprint contender) Turbulent Descent are probably two of the heaviest favorites coming in here, but we still have to break and run well.”

Baffert put a final work into the Jack Goodman Stakes winner at Santa Anita on Oct. 30, when Secret Circle went 5f in a handy 58 2/5.

“He didn’t work here or anything like that,” the trainer remarked. “But so far from what I’ve seen, he seems to get over the track just fine.”

Seeker – Installed as the 4-1 second choice for Friday’s inaugural running of the Juvenile Sprint, Winchell Thoroughbred son of Hard Spun represents the barn of Steve Asmussen, whose lone Breeders’ Cup victory came with Horse of the Year Curlin in the 2007 Classic.

“The goal is getting them here (to the Breeders’ Cup),” Asmussen said. “You keep the horses happy and healthy, and choose the paths that you think will put them in position to be successful, not only for this event, but into the future. It’s nice to now have this option (Juvenile Sprint) for a horse like him (Seeker).”

Shumoos – Fawzi Abdulla Nass’ Distorted Humor filly out of a Storm Cat mare went to the track for some light exercise Thursday morning.

The lone female in the nine-horse field will be making her first start on dirt in the Juvenile Sprint.

Sum of the Parts – “Everything is ready,” trainer Tom Amoss said of the son of Speightstown, a colt he thinks will be in the mix if expected heavy favorite Secret Circle doesn’t bring his “A” game.

The juvenile galloped 1 1/2m and schooled in the gate Thursday morning to finish up his fine tuning for Friday’s race.

Trinniberg – Although having two horses in the Breeders’ Cup is a tremendous accomplishment for owner Shivananda Parbhoo, who starts Trinniberg in the Juvenile Sprint and Giant Ryan in the Sprint, the Calder-based owner is ready for the experience to reach its conclusion.

“I’m just ready for the races already,” Parbhoo said Thursday morning. “This week has dragged on forever. I don’t mean that in a bad way, but I’m just getting more anxious by the minute. It’s funny, at Calder, we have a full barn (27 horses), but it’s been more busy and chaotic here even though we have just a few horses to look after.”

Parbhoo, who will have to wait until Saturday’s Sprint to complete his Breeders’ Cup experience, will start Trinniberg on Friday in the Juvenile Sprint, the first race of this year’s Breeders Cup.

“He just seems to be getting over the track better and better each day,” Parbhoo said of his son of Teuflesberg. “I’d say he is thriving here.

“I’ve had a chance to take a look at the competition a bit. I saw Baffert’s horse (Secret Circle) the other morning, and a few of the others. To be honest, none of them really scare me because I know what my horse can do, and I know how well he is coming up to the race.”

####
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: