Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 08:42:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSC Elite  (Read 2759 times)
Round Table

And then I saw her, coming out of the sun.

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2011, 11:05:25 PM »

Yes. Hawthorne and Arlington. It's what the national numbers indicate overall, and if we took the time to analyze the Illinois numbers, I think we would see the same, if not worse. Twin Spires is obviously growing, as it sucks handle out of live tracks including its own, but it is part of overall national handle.

Not deliberately.

No, it's just a mistake they made, along with the whole industry. People claimed if they only had in home wagering, they would bet a lot more. They claimed they'd bet a lot more when they got rebates. The actual numbers say the promise of both scenarios has failed to materialize from an overall standpoint and deliver the promised benefits. Handle is down, and faster than ever before, impacting both tracks and horsemen. The only benefit has been to a small group of players.

A bit late to back out now that they're committed. You and I both saw how Hawthorne cleared out virtually overnight when they drastically reduced the existing rewards they had been giving people for several years. Try to go back now and take anything away from the players that are left, or stuff the genie back in the bottle, and they'll clear out, too. Back to the subject of this thread, when they take away existing TSC rewards from small fry, you're going to see clearing out there, too.

The handle numbers do not lie. They are down, and down big time, nationally and in Illinois, in the same timeframe as ADW and rebates have skyrocketed. ADW and rebates have been a failure, both for growing the business like many players promised, or even for holding onto existing business.

Handle is down.  Big time.  But is lower handle the result of the cost of doing business?  Or is it a cost of not doing business?  

Confusing, isn't it.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:17:36 PM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

They ought to return to Tampa and fix the mistake they made.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2011, 11:14:49 PM »

Well we Californians didn't get to add to the Hawthorne much today.  We had it up but not in our DRF form.  Why?  No one wants to be with no way to handicap.
Report to moderator   Logged
Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2011, 11:30:11 PM »

Well we Californians didn't get to add to the Hawthorne much today.  We had it up but not in our DRF form.  Why?  No one wants to be with no way to handicap.

Did you want to post this at the Hawthorne questions thread ? Because, I faced a similar situation when two posters came at me on 3 different threads at the same time.  Yeah.

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2011, 11:51:35 PM »

I guess I should have.  I've been handicapping for so many hours today.  For today and tomorrow.  I'm bleary eyed! 

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: November 26, 2011, 12:22:27 AM »

I guess I should have.  I've been handicapping for so many hours today.  For today and tomorrow.  I'm bleary eyed! 

Good luck tomorrow, Pam.  I have not been doing as well as I hoped this fall and I have these cataract operations and also moving to consider.

Round Table

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2011, 06:12:59 AM »

Has anyone else received an email on the revamping of the twins spires club.

My own thoughts about it would make HV blush. doh

Laura Jean, the ONLY reason you and gamblers like you are here, is to make sure the CDI signal signal reaches into and competes in Asia.

http://www.churchilldownsincorporated.com/node/285

Is W. David Thompkins Jr. still a senior VP and chief marketing director at CDI ? Because, if he isn't, then someone who looks, feels, smells, sounds and tastes just like him, is.

http://www.insideview.com/directory/churchill-downs
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 06:15:06 AM by 7474505B » Report to moderator   Logged

nmslim

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: November 26, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »

Aren't darts enough?Good method as any! Wink Wink
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: November 26, 2011, 10:50:45 PM »

Good luck tomorrow, Pam.  I have not been doing as well as I hoped this fall and I have these cataract operations and also moving to consider.

That's a lot all at one time.  Prayers will be said for you.  Good thoughts coming your way as well if that works for you better.  Starting now.
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »

In the old days it was hat pins, you stuck the pin through the program and whichever horse you perforated was a guaranteed winner.   But try to find a young woman with a hat pin today, sheesh.  Even Janine doesn't wear a hat.

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2011, 10:58:37 PM »

Today darts would have been good, ha ha!
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2011, 11:00:38 PM »

In the old days it was hat pins, you stuck the pin through the program and whichever horse you perforated was a guaranteed winner.  But try to find a young woman with a hat pin today, shush.  Even Janine doesn't wear a hat.

I wear a lot of hats.  But I don't need the hat pins.  BUT, I have about ten antique hat pins from my grandmother. They are beautiful. But useless.
Mick

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2011, 11:03:19 PM »

I wear a lot of hats.  But I don't need the hat pins.  BUT, I have about ten antique hat pins from my grandmother. They are beautiful. But useless.
Take the most beautiful or meaningful hat pin in your collection to the track and poke it through your program.   The old saying was that you had some guaranteed winners there.

Not that I will guarantee them winning but that was the theory.   haha

I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.  Sam "The Genius" Lewin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: