Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 22, 2014, 01:03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Open Thread  (Read 583 times)
Dolfan

Ignore
« on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:58 PM »

trophy trophy Go Tiger!  trophy trophy

I'd shoot 150 from the back tees on this course.  "These guys are good".

Report to moderator   Logged

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:51:57 PM »

Sharapova and Djokovic.
Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 04:29:59 AM »

trophy trophy Go Tiger!  trophy trophy

I'd shoot 150 from the back tees on this course.  "These guys are good".

I was close to that number on the Bethpage Black course~~

I trust no one, not even myself~~
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »

Chasing 5 on that course is going to be real real hard dolfan.
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 07:31:47 AM »

I'm thinking that in most cases you'd shoot whatever it is you shoot. But then again I dont have any distance issues. Tiger kind of became human again yesterday....welcome back to humanity. He was just SO STUPID good for 10+ years that now that he has to be a regular human it's just a lot tougher. Westwood sure had a great day yesterday....Im looking forward to a great showdown from G Mac & Furyk. Ernie's chip in certainly made for a good round....makes up for his triple on 16 on Friday. There is one thing about golf....if you hit the fairways and greens...no course is difficult. Going to be a great watch this afternoon.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 08:00:07 AM »

I'm thinking that in most cases you'd shoot whatever it is you shoot. But then again I dont have any distance issues. Tiger kind of became human again yesterday....welcome back to humanity. He was just SO STUPID good for 10+ years that now that he has to be a regular human it's just a lot tougher. Westwood sure had a great day yesterday....Im looking forward to a great showdown from G Mac & Furyk. Ernie's chip in certainly made for a good round....makes up for his triple on 16 on Friday. There is one thing about golf....if you hit the fairways and greens...no course is difficult. Going to be a great watch this afternoon.
agree Mel.. agree.
Yimmy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 08:03:29 AM »

You guys wanna watch flabby men in ugly pants hit balls into holes, fill your boots.  I'll take the blonde Russian babes in tight athletic gear any time.
newjackcity

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 09:15:57 AM »

You guys wanna watch flabby men in ugly pants hit balls into holes, fill your boots.  I'll take the blonde Russian babes in tight athletic gear any time.
hopefully not the ones with the facial hair and testosterone injections.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2012, 11:33:54 AM »

I was close to that number on the Bethpage Black course~~

I've played there quite a few times at 6 a.m., going straight from Roosevelt on a Friday or Sat night, sleeping (not!) in the car all night to be 1st on line.  Although that was 25 years ago & I would never have played from the tips, I was always around 100.

There is one thing about golf....if you hit the fairways and greens...no course is difficult. Going to be a great watch this afternoon.

Nicklaus once said "no hole is hard if you hit 2 good shots".  Nice comeback by Westwood to keep your pick alive but my opinion remains that he will NEVER win a major or even a significant PGA Tour event.  Beau is amazing.

Chasing 5 on that course is going to be real real hard dolfan.

Agree.  I thought he had a chance to run & hide on Friday with 2 great shots to 16 & 17 but he couldn't convert either time & is +1 on the 260 yard par 4 7th.  He's also had some bad breaks & Tiger has always said you need luck to be on your side to win these things.  Clearly, the golf gods are still holding a grudge.

No flab on Tiger or Furyk.  It is fun watching Natalie Gulbis or Paula Creamer though.

We can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time.  When we give someone our time, we actually give a portion of our life that we will never get back.
fuzzypants

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 12:41:40 PM »

laughing guy laughing guy laughing guy Love Sign gets his putter fludder.

" when I get got , I get my Glock"
Mel from Moline

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »

Webb Simpson proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that "keeping at it" is what wins US Opens. Good for him. I must also say that Jim Furyk must be kicking himself every way possible right now. One of the straightest and best ball strikers around and just plain old sniped that tee shot on 16... head shake How does that not go through your head every minute of every day ? Great open...really enjoyed the "prime time" viewing with the west coast lag time. NBC had to love that.

Horses make the humans...not the other way around.
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »

Very enjoyable Open with an okay result.  Surprised to see Phil just throw in the towel like that.  He ditched Jack a couple of weeks ago & now this debacle.  Just imagine had it been Tiger.

Furyk didn't make a birdie all day & by my count hit one iron shot to less than 20 feet.  Sometimes you're the bug & sometimes you're the windshield.  I was pulling for him & Ernie.  Westwood disappeared after that bad break.  It's clear that on the PGA Tour there are no "closers", just guys playing their game, trying their best but there is no magic.  And most tournaments will be lost rather than won. 

The world's greatest golfer, Luke Donald (LOL) is not in contention for any of the big tournaments.  The only #1 player who talks about being #1 more often than winning.  The #2 player missed 4 out of the last 5 cuts!  And #3, he's won 2ice - in his career!!!!!!!!

Vegas

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »

Very enjoyable Open with an okay result.  Surprised to see Phil just throw in the towel like that.  He ditched Jack a couple of weeks ago & now this debacle.  Just imagine had it been Tiger.

Furyk didn't make a birdie all day & by my count hit one iron shot to less than 20 feet.  Sometimes you're the bug & sometimes you're the windshield.  I was pulling for him & Ernie.  Westwood disappeared after that bad break.  It's clear that on the PGA Tour there are no "closers", just guys playing their game, trying their best but there is no magic.  And most tournaments will be lost rather than won. 

The world's greatest golfer, Luke Donald (LOL) is not in contention for any of the big tournaments.  The only #1 player who talks about being #1 more often than winning.  The #2 player missed 4 out of the last 5 cuts!  And #3, he's won 2ice - in his career!!!!!!!!
O.K.Dolfan,lets move away from the Tiger love feast and move on to Big John~~Very important 2 weeks coming up for him at the BMW & Irish Open on the European Tour~~After 5 tournaments he's 90th with 122.000euros,and needs to finish top 115 to get his tour card~~Don't know how many tournaments are left that he's been invited to. Dose the British Open count toward their money earned?

I trust no one, not even myself~~
Dolfan

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 10:14:18 AM »

O.K.Dolfan,lets move away from the Tiger love feast and move on to Big John~~Very important 2 weeks coming up for him at the BMW & Irish Open on the European Tour~~After 5 tournaments he's 90th with 122.000euros,and needs to finish top 115 to get his tour card~~Don't know how many tournaments are left that he's been invited to. Dose the British Open count toward their money earned?

British Open counts for money earned for both tours.

He needs to play in more events or have one good finish (top 5).  But I'm sure he'd much prefer to stay in the states & have his one good finish here.  I must say I don't fancy his chances.  Is that British enough for you?  laughing guy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: