Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 21, 2014, 04:18:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wish me luck!!!  (Read 6736 times)
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2006, 01:34:26 PM »

well i finally took the driver/trainer test ... and i passed ... wish me luck on gettin Qf's and hopefully makin my P's  anyone lookin to invest in me and get me started let me know ... pretty soon you guys can blast me and tell me how much of an idiot i am .. ill be lookin forward to your harsh words and bad help lol ....   so if anyone wants to try to help me out a lil bit ya know invest in the no les than 8 nark stables lol   either way wish me luck folks
Report to moderator   Logged

loved by many hated by most rollinsmolin aka bobby
race track phil

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 02:08:29 PM »

congratulations ,         lets hope you have a bright future in racing , we need young blood in the game to bring it back the way it use to be in illinois . just remember patience is a virtue when you drive a horse . I've seen just about every driver get started and it seems like the young ones who learn patience at the start of their career are the ones who become successful like magee , tetrick ,paisley to name a few ask your father he knows . I've been friends with your dad for along time and sincerely wish you the best and hope to see you in the winners circle soon .          RTP
Terry Hunt

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 04:03:02 PM »

Congratulations on passing your test, and best of luck with your new career.

I really don't know you at all, but I think it is pretty sad that 152 people would read your post, and only RTP passed along some good wishes.

I have known your dad for years.  We rarely agree on matters, and on those few occasions where Ira and I find ourselves on the same side of an issue we both second guess ourselves!  :-)

Everyone in our business can use a little good luck along the way, especially getting started.  Good luck Rollinsmolin!

Terry Hunt
mr.maywood

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 04:08:04 PM »

WELL YOU GOT TO BE A BETTER DRIVER THAN DEAN MAGEE OR JASON DILLANDER ALREADY.BUT THAT REALLY ISN'T SAYING MUCH IS IT . WELL ANY WAY GOOD LUCK.
Big P

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 04:14:19 PM »

Congrats!! Bob told me the news good luck.Ill see you out there
LVd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »

bobby,

Congrats and good luck!!    If you want to stay in the horse business:

1)  gets lots of experience

2)  Listen and absorb all the knowledge yoy can,especxially from the old schoolers.

3)  Be pleasant and honest.  Use Dave M as an example.

4)  once you have done the first 3 rules above----   GET OUT OF ILLINOIS and go for the gold!!!!!

P.S.----------   You bought some old colors from me when I got out of the business 5 years ago.     
here's to your future.   
LV_GaryD
Highly Unesteemed Former Horseman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 05:09:24 PM »

LvD, if he bought old colors from you, he's too damned fat to be a good driver. LOL

Seriously, good luck and stay away from booze, dope, and racetrack gossip.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 07:05:54 PM »

lol .... i have those colors somewhere around  ... i never wore them i just thought it would be funny to have a set of your colors .. maybe put them in the hall of fame someday? lmfao thanks guys

Heede

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 07:38:34 PM »

Hey BOBBY

Good Luck

HEEDE
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 07:50:47 PM »

well i finally took the driver/trainer test ... and i passed ... wish me luck on gettin Qf's and hopefully makin my P's  anyone lookin to invest in me and get me started let me know ... pretty soon you guys can blast me and tell me how much of an idiot i am .. ill be lookin forward to your harsh words and bad help lol ....   so if anyone wants to try to help me out a lil bit ya know invest in the no les than 8 nark stables lol   either way wish me luck folks

Best of luck!

Go get em!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Honest1

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »

Good luck, I know when I got my Q I had a blast, I had a lot of good guys give me advice I was lucky no one gave me any shit! Don't get a big head just be yourself!And safe too.   
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 09:22:04 PM »

Bobby:

Congratulations on passing the test, that’s great news.  The best advice I can give you was when I started driving in qualifiers; I always stayed on the rail and out of people’s way.  I had a horse or two that I owned and practiced using those two horses in qualifying races.  I never cared if they qualified or not, just as long as I learned something. 

One day the old Balmoral presiding judge Ken Stock called me upstairs to the stewards room and said quote," here kid, I ordered your "P" license, good luck and I think you’ll do okay."  I never asked for my license and only kept qualifying those horses so I could get experience and learn. 

You'll never believe how nervous I was when I first started driving under the lights.  I mean to tell you that I was a complete basket case.  I have to say that Don Brooks and Yvon Demers taught me quite a bit about driving but one guy that I always admired was Jim Curran.  I think he was very under rated.

I would always watch Curran come from far back and get check, after check, after check.  I thought to myself, you know what...if I stay on the rail and save ground, I will get a shot sooner or later at the winners circle but in the mean time, I won't look like a fool and should be able to pick up a check here and there.  It worked well for me and I personally think if you just stay out of the way and on the rail, you'll accomplish a few things; you learn the shortest distance around the track safely; and you'll most likely get a check and keep the horse fresh and race ready for the following week.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best.  Ask your "pops" a question or two about driving. Keep in mind that he was “rookie of the year” driver at Washington Park around 73 or 74? Good luck, have fun, and be safe.  There is no better feeling than returning to the winner’s circle because of a smart decision that you made.  There are many peaks and valleys but keep your head up, remain confident, and you’ll get along just fine.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
micha goss

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 09:35:05 PM »

Good advice JD....stay on the rail, save ground on the turns, angle out and win!

Richard Breth

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 10:28:27 PM »

Good luck with driving career. Your one of good posters on the forum also.
Rollinsmolin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 10:39:31 PM »

thank you everyone for the great responses back ... ill keep everything you guys say in mind ... but ive been watching the races since yay hi ... i always watch how everyguy drives ... see what to do in this scenario and that .. i try to learn from others mistakes .... im sure to mess up been a noob to the driving career ... but ill always make my drives a learning experience thanks again everyone who did post

bobcat

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »

Hey Bobby, Congrats!  See you out there and good luck!!!!!!!!!!
  •          
INTERESTED OBSERVER

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 01:06:21 AM »

Good Luck to you, Rollinsmolin... 

Richard Breth

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 01:23:44 AM »

You and Bobby can go f*uck yourself. You're the only ***hole. Why don't you drop dead already or go get hit by a car. 

Nice guy = Dan Nance. Every one else wishes Bobby good luck Dan comes in Bobbys subject to spew bitter bullshit and hate. Like all others subject. Your right you made the forum what it is today estemmed poster.
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 01:28:47 AM »

Nice guy = Dan Nance. Every one else wishes Bobby good luck Dan comes in Bobbys subject to spew bitter bullshit and hate. Like all others subject. Your right you made the forum what it is today estemmed poster.

That's right, pal. There always comes a time to get back at someone when they do you wrong for no reason.

Bobby didn't think twice about spewing bitter bullshit and hate when he made comments about my daughters that were UNCALLED for. He's damn lucky I was 1800 miles away when he made those comments and I can only get revenge by posting on this computer.

He's asking me to wish him good luck after the comments he made? I don't think so, pal. 
Richard Breth

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 01:31:40 AM »

That's right, pal. There always comes a time to get back at someone when they do you wrong for no reason.

Bobby didn't think twice about spewing bitter bullshit and hate when he made comments about my daughters that were UNCALLED for. He's damn lucky I was 1800 miles away when he made those comments and I can only get revenge by posting on this computer.

He's asking me to wish him good luck after the comments he made? I don't think so, pal. 

Dan "Vendetta" Nance. getting his revenge on every one from 1800 miles away behind a computer. Thats what trolls do Dan.
Dan Nance

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2006, 01:34:11 AM »

Dan "Vendetta" Nance. getting his revenge on every one from 1800 miles away behind a computer. Thats what trolls do Dan.

Would you rather me fly to Chicago and ballbat a few people?
Richard Breth

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2006, 01:40:45 AM »

Would you rather me fly to Chicago and ballbat a few people?

You wont. or else all you wrote about never setting foot in Chicago again would be come a lie. You would spend long time in Cook County Jail also!
Dan Nance

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2006, 01:44:27 AM »

You wont. or else all you wrote about never setting foot in Chicago again would be come a lie. You would spend long time in Cook County Jail also!

I wasn't born yesterday. I'm not going to jail for anyone ( of course if someone hurt my family I would put a bullet in their head ) but I will get back at them with TRUE words that I will speak from this computer.
arm and hammer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2006, 09:32:45 AM »

dan why dont u come to chicago and ball bat a few people id like to see that...................bobby you cant drive a lick you ol *** sucker.........roger love can drive better   haha jk
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 09:33:14 AM »

Leave it to Richard Breth to bring up the issue of Cook County Jail on the forum.  He would know more about prison life and filth than any "esteemed poster" on BTW.  LOL.

Great job Dickie, once again putting your foot in your mouth, but I guess its better than whatever else goes in and out of your mouth on a daily basis.  

By the way, why don't you show Janine and the “esteemed posters” of the forum  some respect and get rid of that filthy screen name?  Are you actually proud to have "Dick Breth"?  Grow up, will you?

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel for Life)

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN